British Speedway Forum

2015 Euro's

Mark

Gollob at fault. 99 times out of 100 it would have been all 4 back, but should never be all 4 just "for the fans".

What wound me up the most was Ermolenko saying Nicki leaned to the left and didn't mention Gollob turning right. Talk about bias!!!!!!

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

...It used to be you go straight for the first 20 yeards or something like (cant remember)

Obviously Gollob didnt go straight - right from the off he was on his way out wards towards Nicki.

As you've said...it used to be, but is not any more. Gollob was in front, so he could not get into Nicki's wheel.

All 4 back was the only decision.

Clearly all 4 back. Rider on inside makes the gate and sets himself for first bend.

Usually if it's a close start the rider on the outside gets shuffled over and sometimes there's a fall, that's why there's a special case on the first bend.

Anyway what do the riders think, I bet even pedersen couldn't believe it and he did go down easy.

Are you for real. You can't usually go very far voluntarily when your foot peg is in someones wheel from them driving into you. Specsavers need you.

• Like 2

Clearly all 4 back. Rider on inside makes the gate and sets himself for first bend.

Usually if it's a close start the rider on the outside gets shuffled over and sometimes there's a fall, that's why there's a special case on the first bend.

Anyway what do the riders think, I bet even pedersen couldn't believe it and he did go down easy.

No he didn't. Gollobs foot rest got stuck in Nicki's front wheel. When that happens, the bike will come to a very quick halt, no way Nicki could have stayed on there.

Also why does people keep nagging about all 4 back? An incident in the start and or first bend does not automatically mean that it has to be all 4 back

which some seems to think. The rules still say (and over trumps all 4 back) that the cause of the stoppage (red lights) is to be excluded.

In this case Gollob put his bike's footrest into Nicki's front wheel by not lining up straight and by steering out towards Nicki (who kept his line) so that

means that Gollob caused Nicki to crash and by that he also was the cause to that the referee put the red lights on.

• Like 2

As I said, all 4 back is used to lightly. Riders often lay down the bike when they are in last place in hope to get a restart.

Too often the referee buys it and makes an all 4 back call. Remember Cardiff? NKI was last into the first bend, riders on the inside moved out a little

and NKI layed the bike down despite no contact was made. Referee decided all 4 back despite that Iversen should have been excluded.

In this case Gollob put his bike's footrest into Nicki's front wheel by not lining up straight and by steering out towards Nicki (who kept his line) so that

How long have you been watching speedway ? Every rider off the inside , has to come off the line to enter the bend to break his back wheel out , otherwise his front wheel has to shoot over the grass/kerb or whatever.

I. Yet Gollob moved across another rider before he was in front of him.

Footrest in wheel means Gollob was in front.

• Like 1

How long have you been watching speedway ? Every rider off the inside , has to come off the line to enter the bend to break his back wheel out , otherwise his front wheel has to shoot over the grass/kerb or whatever.

So on your brilliant dissection of the situation, Nicki shouldn't have been excluded for 95% of his incidents, and most certainly was blameless in the infamous Hancock incident.. after all.. by your definition.. he was in front.

Clear track in front of inside gate, but Gollob rides in to gate 2 which was occupied by the legitimate owner. Only one rider responsible and BTW, being in front does not give anyone divine right to drop another rider. One of many fans fallacies.

• Like 1

Clear track in front of inside gate, but Gollob rides in to gate 2 which was occupied by the legitimate owner. Only one rider responsible and BTW, being in front does not give anyone divine right to drop another rider. One of many fans fallacies.

Drop him ? Lets just ban footrests , the part of a bike that protrudes more than any other. It was , just an unfortunate incident , and should have been all 4 back.

ALL four surely ... no consideration for the fans. Unless ref is 100 per cent one rider is to blame then all four is the obvious choice. Shades of Marek and Leigh Adams at Cardiff a few years ago.

OMG! That really shows you up, Mr R - why should there be consideration for the fans?

The race, the competition, is for the riders - one of them has committed a clear foul on another, and has quite correctly been shown the red card

Unfortunate for the fans, yes, but the referee's decision is one for the competitors only

I cannot believe your comment!

• Like 3

OMG! That really shows you up, Mr R - why should there be consideration for the fans?

The race, the competition, is for the riders - one of them has committed a clear foul on another, and has quite correctly been shown the red card

Unfortunate for the fans, yes, but the referee's decision is one for the competitors only

I cannot believe your comment!

THAT'S your opinion and one you are quite entitled to but plenty think the referee could and should have put all four back and not deprived the fans of a four rider final.

No consideration for fans ... I cannot believe your comment :neutral:

WHOLE stream of riders on Twitter criticising Gollob exclusion ... Niels-Kristian Iversen even suggesting there was a monkey in the box. Bit harsh but certainly on Twitter the majority strongly disagree that Tomasz should have been ruled out.

As all 4 riders were able to restart then all 4 back could/should of been the sensible decision, if Pedersen had of been unable to take his place in a rerun then IMHO Gollob should rightly of been excluded as being the cause of the stoppage, as he clearly strayed way into the line of gate 2.

As all 4 riders were able to restart then all 4 back could/should of been the sensible decision, if Pedersen had of been unable to take his place in a rerun then IMHO Gollob should rightly of been excluded as being the cause of the stoppage, as he clearly strayed way into the line of gate 2.

WTF?

This is the most stupid reasoning ever. The aftermath of a crash that a rider gets injured or not has nothing to do with the actual accident.

• Like 4

I personally would have put all 4 back in the final. I think Gollob was the innocent party, If somebody had to be excluded out of the two I would have said Pedersen and I'm a fan of Nicki.

Really happy the lovely Emil got the win. The SGP is not the same without him. One of the most natural talents on a bike.

Edited by mdmc82

I personally would have put all 4 back in the final. I think Gollob was the innocent party, If somebody had to be excluded out of the two I would have said Pedersen and I'm a fan of Nicki.

Really happy the lovely Emil got the win. The SGP is not the same without him. One of the most natural talents on a bike.

Thats a new one, like to hear it why Pedersen?