British Speedway Forum

Aces 2015

Berntzon has already nailed his future to Wolves in the press, Garrity has spoken to CVS (confirmed at the talk in) and Fricke i hear wants to sign for Wolves.

Dreams happen. :t::drink:

So why weren't Fricke and Garrity at the Olympique? And Garrity has confirmed he has is not going to Wolves. If you do get all 3 though, it'll take some special to mess that team up.

Sorry BV fans!

Oliver Berntzon seems secured along with Jacob Thorssell but Ty Proctor and Ricky Wells have to choose next season if they want Elite League or Premier League if there is still the two leagues and both would probably see the Premier League as the best option.

Ricky Wells may opt for the EL if some of the reported names don't return as he has an almost identical record in 2014 as Jacob Thorssell but strangely one is seen as the future while one is looked at as going nowhere fast ?

It would be a big surprise if both Garrity and Fricke signed for Wolves and there may be one of those on the short list but I doubt both will be as Lasse Bjerre seems a more likely target for next season.

So why weren't Fricke and Garrity at the Olympique? And Garrity has confirmed he has is not going to Wolves. If you do get all 3 though, it'll take some special to mess that team up.

Sorry BV fans!

Makes no difference why either aren't penciled in for Olympique.

Garrity hasn't confirmed anything other than A) CVS says he has spoken to Garrity and will speak to him and Len Silver B) Garrity apparently now says he doesn't know where these stories are coming from.

One of them is right - so time will tell.

I like the lad and if he signs for us its because he wants too.

If he stays at Coventry or goes elsewhere then that is the lads prerogative.

Either way i`m not likely to lose any sleep waiting to find out where he rides next season.

Personally I wouldn't want Zagar back in 2015. I know that all riders are mercenaries, but he just takes the pi$$. I would like to see Nicholls, Steve Worrall, and a load of Aussies including Doyle, Fricke, and one or two others. With the Aussies, you know where you are (Apart from Darcy Ward). After 2014, any change would be an improvement :wink:

• Like 1

Makes no difference why either aren't penciled in for Olympique.

Garrity hasn't confirmed anything other than A) CVS says he has spoken to Garrity and will speak to him and Len Silver B) Garrity apparently now says he doesn't know where these stories are coming from.

One of them is right - so time will tell.

I like the lad and if he signs for us its because he wants too.

If he stays at Coventry or goes elsewhere then that is the lads prerogative.

Either way i`m not likely to lose any sleep waiting to find out where he rides next season.

Garrity actually said at Brandon the other week he has no idea where the rumour has come from and he isn't joining Wolves. We get this every year from Wolves fans we are definitely signing him,him and him and it rarely happens. Michelsen was nailed on for two years! Berntzon could happen though.

Think young Max may end up at Poole but I cannot see him at Vue maybe Coventry.

Max has Stated he would love to ride for Coventry next year. The only obstacle may be the clash with his PL club.

If not at Coventry then could see him at Belle Vue as enjoys their track.

Garrity actually said at Brandon the other week he has no idea where the rumour has come from and he isn't joining Wolves. We get this every year from Wolves fans we are definitely signing him,him and him and it rarely happens. Michelsen was nailed on for two years! Berntzon could happen though.

So they fact that CVS has said he has spoken to him is a lie i guess? Wake up.

Berntzon himself has already nailed himself to Wolves and IF it actually happens then he will be true to his word.

Michelsen wanted to join Wolves but choose Eastbourne instead.

These things do happen.

So what others rumours have Wolves fans mentioned year after year??

I take it its differently every close season for every other club who never speculate who their club is signing! :icon_smile_clown:

Max has Stated he would love to ride for Coventry next year. The only obstacle may be the clash with his PL club.

If not at Coventry then could see him at Belle Vue as enjoys their track.

Or Wolves. :t:

Never seen anything linking Max to Wolves.

As for Garrity did Wolves say he likes it there or that he asked to ride for them? Garrity has said he said to them on last visit he likes their track but as he publicly said, that just means he likes to go there and beat them on it :)

Edited by mdmc82

As for Garrity did Wolves say he likes it there or that he asked to ride for them? Garrity has said he said to them on last visit he likes their track but as he publicly said, that just means he likes to go there and beat them on it :)

Not the way he's been riding in the play-offs. Sarjeant looked better than him at Blunsdon!

FTR - Garrity has said he likes the track and CVS has said they have spoken.

I have heard a rumour that Fricke is Wolves bound but time will tell if that rumour proves to be correct.

Heard there was a bit of bother recently with the Steve Worrall deal but it's all been sorted, just. Is he nailed on for the Aces?

Charlie Gjedde back at Belle Vue anyone? His average would need assessing I guess but he sounds like he's taken to being back on the bike pretty well http://www.swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/charliegjeddebiginterview

Heard there was a bit of bother recently with the Steve Worrall deal but it's all been sorted, just. Is he nailed on for the Aces?

Charlie Gjedde back at Belle Vue anyone? His average would need assessing I guess but he sounds like he's taken to being back on the bike pretty well http://www.swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/charliegjeddebiginterview

Good luck Charlie. Hope the comeback goes well.

To be honest, we know what to expect for next season, another Aces team that will be good on paper at best and will struggle all season as always and be fighting to avoid the wooden spoon. Maybe 2015, but we haven`t moved on from 2007 at all. Aces won`t sign Fricke if it costs money, as we have a stadium to pay for, so therefore that is more important. The 2016 season will probably be the best season us Aces will have since 2005, as we`ll have a new stadium which will please us and will depend if this new track will entice any top riders and not ones that come to get their average down. So roll on 2016 i say!

I have doubts that a number of top foreign riders will be back next season if it is going to be 14 home and 14 away as they struggle to fit them in to their ever increasing fixture list so think Matej Zagar could well be missing next season.

Craig Cook 6.21 and Richie Worrall 5.53 should be the backbone of the team for a few years and Scott Nicholls 7.56 could easily do the job of a #1 in a league that may well be missing the likes of Zagar, Woffinden, Ward etc. Scott is one of the few heat leaders that actually increased his starting average and seemed to enjoy his season at Kirky Lane.

One rider that could do a decent job for Belle Vue in such a league would be Ricky Wells 5.88 who increased his average at Wolves and was unlucky to be dropped and has done well at Kirky Lane in the past. What that leaves is unsure, but I would expect it to be someone like Josh Auty at #2.

With non EU riders likely to be unable to double up, I would think Max Fricke will have another season in the Premier League and should he decide to move up, even as a Wolves fan I would expect Coventry or Poole to be at the front of the queue for him rather than Belle Vue or Wolves.

I have doubts that a number of top foreign riders will be back next season if it is going to be 14 home and 14 away as they struggle to fit them in to their ever increasing fixture list so think Matej Zagar could well be missing next season.

Craig Cook 6.21 and Richie Worrall 5.53 should be the backbone of the team for a few years and Scott Nicholls 7.56 could easily do the job of a #1 in a league that may well be missing the likes of Zagar, Woffinden, Ward etc. Scott is one of the few heat leaders that actually increased his starting average and seemed to enjoy his season at Kirky Lane.

One rider that could do a decent job for Belle Vue in such a league would be Ricky Wells 5.88 who increased his average at Wolves and was unlucky to be dropped and has done well at Kirky Lane in the past. What that leaves is unsure, but I would expect it to be someone like Josh Auty at #2.

With non EU riders likely to be unable to double up, I would think Max Fricke will have another season in the Premier League and should he decide to move up, even as a Wolves fan I would expect Coventry or Poole to be at the front of the queue for him rather than Belle Vue or Wolves.

Couldn't be further from the truth regarding zagar and cook won't be back