British Speedway Forum

Aces 2015

It's hilarious all this cook doesn't want to ride abroad rubbish! The only people who say this are the ones that don't have a clue about what craig wants to do with his career. Craig himself thought be wouldn't be back next year at Edinburgh but that hasn't happened due to not getting a deal abroad more than likely.

It's hilarious all this cook doesn't want to ride abroad rubbish! The only people who say this are the ones that don't have a clue about what craig wants to do with his career. Craig himself thought be wouldn't be back next year at Edinburgh but that hasn't happened due to not getting a deal abroad more than likely.

funny how most riders seem to ride abroad but he doesnt. As british number 2 (in the british final) you would think there would be lots of clubs queuing up for him.

I fully get why Edinburgh fans want him at their club and Belle Vue fans to, but its clear to anyone outside Edinburgh that he has no desire to try and better himself. Ive said it before Cook has reached his level i dont think there is anymore improvement left in him.

9 point plus rider premier league rider

6.5 plus elite rider.

Will only ride in a gp as a Cardiff wildcard.

If im wrong i will admit it but lets see where his career is at the end of 2015

• Like 1

Which one of Iversen, Bjerre or Schlein would Richie have replaced in the Lynn team last season?

If you ignore the fact that the quality of the ftr will probably increase year on year then it is possible both riders would be grade A, but Nielsen was grade A last year and improved through the season. It looks like a promoter being ignorant of the development of the ftr will put himself at a serious disadvantage. A bit like a promoter dropping lucky on a rider and then letting another team sign him from under his nose.

To counter the ignorance they will probably do what they always do and just change the rules again.

This lad worrall is still learning the trade and I have seen him beat all three of these riders in fact I seen him get a 18 point max at Lynn against wolves and I believe he gave heat 15 ride to schlien so he could get some points.what will he do if there is no ride in uk for him?

funny how most riders seem to ride abroad but he doesnt. As british number 2 (in the british final) you would think there would be lots of clubs queuing up for him.

I fully get why Edinburgh fans want him at their club and Belle Vue fans to, but its clear to anyone outside Edinburgh that he has no desire to try and better himself. Ive said it before Cook has reached his level i dont think there is anymore improvement left in him.

9 point plus rider premier league rider

6.5 plus elite rider.

Will only ride in a gp as a Cardiff wildcard.

If im wrong i will admit it but lets see where his career is at the end of 2015

So because he doesn't ride abroad at the moment makes him have no ambition? how do you know for a fact that he hasn't looked for a team place abroad? you don't thats the simple answer. Maybe teams don't want him, 27 comes over on a 6.5 average and never road abroad before. maybe it's not financially worth it. There could be loads of reasons why but to say it is due to lack of ambition is rubbish.

This lad worrall is still learning the trade and I have seen him beat all three of these riders in fact I seen him get a 18 point max at Lynn against wolves and I believe he gave heat 15 ride to schlien so he could get some points.what will he do if there is no ride in uk for him?

Let's hope that doesn't happen and that he does get a place but if it does I am sure he will get a place when the unfortunately,inevitable happens and someone gets injured.

So far as Craig Cook is concerned why do those criticising him think he asked Edinburgh for time before he signed for them. Obviously, he was trying to get a team place abroad. It is said that it is more difficult for him because rather than looking at his rapid progress in the time he has been riding foreign promoters look at his age and prefer to sign youngsters who look to be exciting prospects. Whether that is true I don't know but I think his doubling up again is more down to financial necessity rather than any lack of ambition.

• Like 4

So because he doesn't ride abroad at the moment makes him have no ambition? how do you know for a fact that he hasn't looked for a team place abroad? you don't thats the simple answer. Maybe teams don't want him, 27 comes over on a 6.5 average and never road abroad before. maybe it's not financially worth it. There could be loads of reasons why but to say it is due to lack of ambition is rubbish.

I don't think he has no ambition but if he was absolutely desperate to ride abroad and ultimately chase a GP spot then I'm sure he could make it happen. Sometimes taking a bit of a pay cut to get your foot in the door can pay off.

Can't blame Cook for going back to Edinburgh as he couldn't get fixed up in Poland and Sweden so had to stay in the PL really.

Had Belle Vue not have protected Worrall they could have got Blackbird or Wright and had a chance of Rose or Sarjeant in the second pick

There's nothing wrong with the Belle Vue track at all. In fact, I'd say it was better prepared in 2014 than King's Lynn was.

Depends how much grip you like ;)

How I read the post was that the gate four advantage needs sorting, rather than criticising the rest of the circuit.

Which one of Iversen, Bjerre or Schlein would Richie have replaced in the Lynn team last season?If you ignore the fact that the quality of the ftr will probably increase year on year then it is possible both riders would be grade A, but Nielsen was grade A last year and improved through the season. It looks like a promoter being ignorant of the development of the ftr will put himself at a serious disadvantage. A bit like a promoter dropping lucky on a rider and then letting another team sign him from under his nose.

To counter the ignorance they will probably do what they always do and just change the rules again.

the 2014 Kings Lynn team wasn't put together with Ritchie in mind for the team because they knew he was going back to BV now if Ritchie had said he wished to stay who knows what might have happened - the point I was making the moved to BV hasn't helped Ritchie progress that said riding for Ipswich perhaps was a bad move also he needs a bigger home track for sure .

Maybe he has looked abroad let's hope he has because if he want to compeat at the highest level he needs to ditch the PL ASAP - can't fault him chasing the easy money but if England wants to be competitive at the highest level it's not going to happen racing in the PL -

the 2014 Kings Lynn team wasn't put together with Ritchie in mind for the team because they knew he was going back to BV now if Ritchie had said he wished to stay who knows what might have happened - the point I was making the moved to BV hasn't helped Ritchie progress that said riding for Ipswich perhaps was a bad move also he needs a bigger home track for sure . Maybe he has looked abroad let's hope he has because if he want to compeat at the highest level he needs to ditch the PL ASAP - can't fault him chasing the easy money but if England wants to be competitive at the highest level it's not going to happen racing in the PL -

I think you'll find that it's Team GB!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Last season Cooke stated he didnt ride abroad because of the costs involved not that he had no approches, dont know if thats the same this time around but i would have thought to kick on to the next level a contract in Sweden or Poland would be a must.

• Like 1

I thought he had signed a deal to ride for Gorzow as was stated by Edinburgh at the end of last season

So Cook has signed for Edinburgh in PL to me that shows he lacks ambition to better his self ok he might be a top dog in a small pond but surely finding a team in Sweden or Poland would have been a better move ?

I believe he was looking abroad so maybe that hasn't worked out?

I agree tho continuing to DU shows lack of ambition.