British Speedway Forum

Aces 2015

With the visa situation as regards Aussies, does this mean that the deal was done a while back, pending Visa approval? Also, does the Visa tie Max into Belle Vue for two years?

Whats not to like about being a Belle vue fan these days.Great looking team on paper and a new stadium for 2016.Hopefully signs that Belle vue are taking big steps towards being something like the great club they once were.Its the first time in a long time that i have felt that this was possible and it feels good.

Yes i know a good team on paper has to prove it self on the track but i think for once that this team has a good chance of doing that.After finishing at the lower end of the table for 7 years just reaching the play offs would be a massive improvment for the club and set us up nicely for the new era in the new stadium i live in hope. :D

• Like 4

This would be my team for 2015

1 Zagar

2 Fricke

3 Stead

4 Cook

5 Nicholls

6 Worrall

7 Nielsen

10 out of 10, well 7 out of 7, at least!! Now where do you reckon we'll finish this year?

So 1-7 now complete. And what a joy it will be to Wath these 7 lads at Kirky Lane. All of them are racers and ride our track well. We will be tough to beat at home. But I did think that last year. Here's what I think of the signings

MARK LEMON - a great appointment, not alot of experience managing a league side but he as 20 years of experienced in EL and PL so tactically he should be astute and as I said in another post. Lemon will demand respect which he will get. I have heard he wants to change a few things including gate 4. He talks the talk. It's now time to walk the walk.

MATEJ ZAGAR - The 31 year old is into his 3rd season. He should be pushing to a 9 point average next year. There's no better rider at Kirky Lane when in full flow. He will admit himself that he needs to win a hell of alot more heat ones. Especially away. But IMO will be in top 3 averages next year. Just got a feeling lemon won't take his bull and help zagar as a rider/team man.

MAX FRICKE - What a signing. He's the future of the sport amongst others. Will be a gp rider within 5 years. Has a great style and is very smooth and fast. He learns quick and his feet are firmly on the ground. Hope people don't expect to much in his first full season at EL. If he gets an average of over 5. 5 I will be very happy. Any more which is possible will be a bonus.

SIMON STEAD - In the tough 3rd heat leader position which he may struggle on a little bit. But maybe he will surprise us. He was flying end of last year and if he keeps that up he will do just fine. One thing is that he is a very nice man thst is well liked at belle vue. He can ride belle vue well but what's better is he is good at the bigger away tracks. He will drop his average but if he can get around the 6.5 average wise he will have had a good season.

CRAIG COOK - He admits he owes us a great season after last. He ain't wrong. Got easy rides now and can see him being best middle order rider in league. This is his biggest year to date in speedway. And I think he will up his game. Again he talks the talk. Now go and walk the walk. He is our modern Mr belle vue with the loyalty he as shown.

SCOTT NICHOLLS - The silver fox is back. Never looked like slowing down with age last year. As kitch says he needs another season like last year for us to win the league. If he carries on his form at home and improves away I really can see us getting to play off final. But I don't see him improving his average. He's 36 now and league as got tougher. But he still as alot to give and brings us more than just points. Him as captain and lemo as manager them 2 bring so much experience on and off the track. I see them being a dream team.

STEVEN WORRALL - will find it tougher than last year as the FTD as improved. But he was 2nd in draft for a reason. Will win alot of races from reserve. Will be in top 5 reserve riders.

STEFAN NIELSEN - we saw glimpses last year of what he can do when injury free. He struggled away but being number 7 should take the pressure on him. He needs a injury free season and if he does then we should have best reserve pair on league.

Overall I'm very happy there is room for improvement with some of riders which is what's needed.

Top 3 won't be the best but we will have one of the best no1s in league and we will have the very best bottom 4 riders.

Not a spectacular stand out team but my god it is solid throughout. Usually solid teams don't have a decent number 1. We have and a good one at that. I predict a top 5 finish. But will wait for other teams to be complete. And maybe I will predict us top 2

• Like 2

Probably the best Belle Vue team I've seen for many years. Gone are the days when you languished in the lower regions, with this new team, I have no doubt you'll be in contention from the start and be a serious opponents for those play-off places.........

I'm hoping 2015 will be Lynn's year, winning the big one to mark the 50th anniversary of the club, but it would be real good if Belle Vue was there or thereabout.. Pleased with the plans of the new Stadium, pleased with the new team, pleased that a club with so much of the sports history, will again be strong again and figure prominently in the sport it once ruled......

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 2

Fair play to the Aces management in putting a top team together.

No doubt they will be pushing for the top 2.

Solid throughout and 2 good fast track reserves.

I reckon we will be seeing them a lot on Sky this season

Good luck to you Aces

Whats not to like about being a Belle vue fan these days.Great looking team on paper and a new stadium for 2016.Hopefully signs that Belle vue are taking big steps towards being something like the great club they once were.Its the first time in a long time that i have felt that this was possible and it feels good.

Yes i know a good team on paper has to prove it self on the track but i think for once that this team has a good chance of doing that.After finishing at the lower end of the table for 7 years just reaching the play offs would be a massive improvment for the club and set us up nicely for the new era in the new stadium i live in hope. :D

Great times ahead indeed.

Lets hope you have a great year too!

Very solid side should do very well this season .

Thought I'd never hear you saying something like that. :approve:

Thought I'd never hear you saying something like that. :approve:

I hate to say it, but agree with him ;) It's looking like after some not so good years with one thing or another, Belle Vue are back on the road to recovery, with the new stadium on the horizon aswell.

Really looking forward to seeing how Fricke gets on too. I think most of us Bees fans would have given our right eye to have him at Brandon, little cracker!

Looking forward to our clashes next season .

Good luck :t:

• Like 1

Just looking at Steads away scores he did very well last season be it from riding as a second string so a bonus for us seeing as we were so bad on the road last season.Much better than another name mentioned as a possible signing D Watt althoughhe was in a heat leader position.In fact his second worst away scores were at Belle vue his worst were at Poole.

Wolves 14 16+1

Swindon n/s n/s

Poole 4 n/s

lakeside 8+1 6+1

Kings Lynn 9 11+1

Coventry n/s 11

Belle vue 6 1 withdrawn.

Eastbourne 4 6

Leicester did not ride at Birmingham.

ps can't you tell i'm off on the sick lol

Now that made me laugh.

Great Team for me. We may not win the League, but, we will be thereabouts.

C'moooon the 'ACES'.

In just hoping that Richie gets fixed up with an EL place elsewhere. He didn't have as good a season as was expected last year but I think he will kick on again this year.

There are fast track riders who have more experience than Richie and of course Steve is in the draft. It could be argued that he is unfortunate not to have been included.

Edited by Aces51

In just hoping that Richie gets fixed up with an EL place elsewhere. He didn't have as good a season as was expected last year but I think he will kick on again this year.

There are fast track riders who have more experience than Richie and of course Steve is in the draft. It could be argued that he is unfortunate not to have been included.

He already held down a top 5 place - so that should probably rule him out of the draft. Otherwise the draft becomes a mechanism for those on the way down rather than on the up (and there already a few of those!

Good team put together by BV and I wish them some success this coming season - they might even be there come the play-offs which will be a very pleasant change. They may even be in with a chance of the trophy if the team performs to its potential and stays injury free.