British Speedway Forum

Aces 2015

Huge surprise for me. Obviously a rider in demand so I figured the Pirates would make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Cracking signing IMHO and a concludes a team that, finally, absolutely must drag the Aces away from the foot of the table (touches wood).

Not a bad side put together by the BV management, I do have one question tho - what average will Fricke be on? If he's 5.02 surely that puts BV over the 34 points?

Zagar - 8.29

Nicholls - 7.56

Stead - 6.92

Cook - 6.21

Fricke - 5.02

34.02??

Or have I converted Fricke's 8.07 prem average wrong? 8.07 / 1.6???

Not a bad side put together by the BV management, I do have one question tho - what average will Fricke be on? If he's 5.02 surely that puts BV over the 34 points?

Zagar - 8.29

Nicholls - 7.56

Stead - 6.92

Cook - 6.21

Fricke - 5.02

34.02??

Or have I converted Fricke's 8.07 prem average wrong? 8.07 / 1.6???

8.07 x 0.6 = 4.84

Top five is arguably the best I've seen since we won the league at Wolverhampton.

Zagar is the best number 1 we've had since Crump and if we didn't have him then Nicholls wouldn't be far behind around KL at least.

Swapping Stead for Cook probably makes us weaker at home but about the same away but then swapping Cook for Worrall is a massive improvement home and away.

Fricke for Toft looks very good as well.

Probably the biggest difference will be Worrall for Payne. If Nielsen maintains last seasons form we could see the reserves making a very positive contribution to the scores.

Last year the brilliant ftr was introduced and it looked very rosy for us with the advantage the announced 'local priority' would give us. Remarkably rider interests were ignored and we fell foul of dodgy ftr dealings going on behind the scenes. The result was the lowest scoring reserve pair in the league and despite a good top five we were toast.

We guaranteed one of the better local lads would be available to us but our finishing league position meant we would have even more options for 2015. That was until more dodgy ftr dealings (remarkably to suit the same team as last year, go figure?) with the ridiculous 'protecting' of non-assets that was conjured up this time around.

I think we've effectively stuck two fingers up and built a great team.

I think its a good team too, and I look forward to getting over to watch it.

I think you are a little hard on Nielsen in particular (and I am biased). For me, the Aces undoing last year was particularly in the second reserve position but also in the form of Cook & Worrall.

Whatever the case, you're dead right about Worrall and Payne. The difference is massive.

Great final signing, last year I predicted a top 4 finish, this season I'm predicting that what ever I predict will be wrong, so I wont predict. ;):D

• Like 1

If he rode for foe Belle Vue he would never be short of water!

Maybe but as the saying goes, you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

Might still be good for him though to get him away from the ruts and pot holes of life that seem to attract him!

Edited by Aces51