British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2015

AJ half expected, but not many thought Mikkel would be back. AJ 9.03 Mikkel 6.85. Mikkel presumably will be second heatleader, not quite a full heat 15 standard yet but at last years rate of progress he should be there very soon.

I had hoped that the "problems" with Bech last season weren't as much of an issue as some people seemed to think they were, but I must admit that I didn't expect to see him in Hammers colours again so soon. Very pleased that I was wrong!

So who else do we think will be announced? I've been playing with averages to guess some #1-5s but I haven't figured anything likely out yet.

Edited by Mjolnir

Jonsson is a cracking signing and along with Lindegren another top rider to come back to these shores. the fact is whoever you support these are riders you want to see and will boost attendances. Jonsson is one of the bravest riders i have ever seen.

While there has been a lot of talk of top riders leaving British speedway, Lindgren and Jonsson are both riders that I'm pleased to see return!

Rumour is he's to be going to Coventry.

I thought he'd either sign for us or Coventry but Bech's return has made it seem more likely that he'll be at Coventry in my opinion. I do enjoy this pre-season fun!

Edited by Mjolnir
  • Like 1

I had hoped that the "problems" with Bech last season weren't as much of an issue as some people seemed to think they were, but I must admit that I didn't expect to see him in Hammers colours again so soon. Very pleased that I was wrong!

So who else do we think will be announced? I've been playing with averages to guess some #1-5s but I haven't figured anything likely out yet.

Its clear from things that Jon Cook has said and written since the end of the end of the season that Richard Lawson , Kim Nilsson and Pete Swidders are in the frame but I think signing all of them would go above the points limit. . It's pretty much an open secret that Richard will be back if the contractual position with Worky can be sorted out, and going purely on guess work I reckon KIm purely because he is an asset, plus he would give a little more leeway on points for the final place.

Looking at the averages though it looks like we might see a completely new face at the lower end unless they are thinking of having Robbo or Kauko back, which seems unlikely. Who might the new face be ?

Edited by E I Addio

Its clear from things that Jon Cook has said and written since the end of the end of the season that Richard Lawson , Kim Nilsson and Pete Swidders are in the frame but I think signing all of them would go above the points limit. . It's pretty much an open secret that Richard will be back if the contractual position with Worky can be sorted out, and going purely on guess work I reckon KIm purely because he is an asset, plus he would give a little more leeway on points for the final place.

Looking at the averages though it looks like we might see a completely new face at the lower end unless they are thinking of having Robbo or Kauko back, which seems unlikely. Who might the new face be ?

Guessing game now, really thrown a spanner in the works with the averages by having Bech, is it possible they will go with 2 of either Watt,Neilson,Lawson or Swiderski and possibly put someone like Ben Morley at 2 or 4?

While there has been a lot of talk of top riders leaving British speedway, Lindgren and Jonsson are both riders that I'm pleased to see return!

Fast Freddie has become very popular with the Lakeside crowd in recent years and has great rapport with them. Of all the riders with other clubs Fred is the one I look forward to seeing the most. Great to see him back

What is Swiderski's average? I'd love to see him back if it would make sense around the rest of the team building.