British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2015

there will be plenty that signed contracts and afterwards their status has changed due to a secondary agreement and with it the priority over them.

I havent seen any others threatened with the sack unless they agree to reverse the expected priority.

Really? Can you name any? So lakeside sign him and he won't miss any meetings then two weeks later through no fault of there own he could miss upto 10 meetings and you expect them to say no problem?? Live in the real world Edited by liam

Really? Can you name any? So lakeside sign him and he won't miss any meetings then two weeks later through no fault of there own he could miss upto 10 meetings and you expect them to say no problem?? Live in the real world

Robson at Redcar. Lawson at Lakeside, King at Ipswich and Blackbird at Peterborough,

Robson at Redcar. Lawson at Lakeside, King at Ipswich and Blackbird at Peterborough,

Robson, lawson, king already at them clubs so everyone new what meetings they would miss if they signed them aswell just like lakeside know what meetings lawson and birks will miss this year. No one from lakeside is complaining about them two are they?

Reckon Eddie budgeted for EL pay. Seems a sensible arrangement as will ride all home meetings for both clubs

Of course it's sensible mate but let's not go down that route ;) Edited by liam
  • Like 1

Really? Can you name any? So lakeside sign him and he won't miss any meetings then two weeks later through no fault of there own he could miss upto 10 meetings and you expect them to say no problem?? Live in the real world

thank you to SCB for already providing some examples.

Just one other point - nowhere in my posts have I critisized Lakeside for looking to protect their position.

I have simply highlighted that the situation wasnt one of inter promotion harmony and goodwill as many initially portrayed.

thank you to SCB for already providing some examples.

Just one other point - nowhere in my posts have I critisized Lakeside for looking to protect their position.

I have simply highlighted that the situation wasnt one of inter promotion harmony and goodwill as many initially portrayed.

Them examples are not similar to the Kennett situation as far as i know. Just like i said in my above post lakeside are fully aware that both Lawson and Birks will miss meetings and have no problem with that. I just don't think lakeside was left with any other option regarding Kennett he is irreplaceable on that average.

Robson, lawson, king already at them clubs so everyone new what meetings they would miss if they signed them aswell just like lakeside know what meetings lawson and birks will miss this year. No one from lakeside is complaining about them two are they?

Of course it's sensible mate but let's not go down that route ;)

Robson and King's PL both through they had priority. And so did Lakeside with Lawson until Workington use the buy back clause.

Robson and King's PL both through they had priority. And so did Lakeside with Lawson until Workington use the buy back clause.

Yet lakeside didn't threaten to sack Lawson but did Kennett, strange that. You should be more concerned with clubs like Coventry who sack a rider before a wheel has been turned in the league than lakeside.

Why did Robson's PL have priority ?

I think you need to read exactly what Len Silvers statement says.

Yet lakeside didn't threaten to sack Lawson but did Kennett, strange that. You should be more concerned with clubs like Coventry who sack a rider before a wheel has been turned in the league than lakeside.

Sorry but you're just having incoherent rants now with misinformation (some may say lies) thrown in. I shall leave you to it as obviously civilised discussion is beyond you.

Why did Robson's PL have priority ?

I think you need to read exactly what Len Silvers statement says.

Brian Havelock was of the opinion that as they had signed him first they had priority, same with Ipswich and King.

I'm not sure of the relevance to Silvers statement with this discussion. Someone posted, "there will be plenty that signed contracts and afterwards their status has changed" which liam refused. So I simply refereed to the riders where this was the case. He the went off on some rant and brought Jakub Jamrog into it - quite why I do not know as it's got no relevance at all.

Edited by SCB

Sorry but you're just having incoherent rants now with misinformation (some may say lies) thrown in. I shall leave you to it as obviously civilised discussion is beyond you.

Brian Havelock was of the opinion that as they had signed him first they had priority, same with Ipswich and King.

I'm not sure of the relevance to Silvers statement with this discussion. Someone posted, "there will be plenty that signed contracts and afterwards their status has changed" which liam refused. So I simply refereed to the riders where this was the case. He the went off on some rant and brought Jakub Jamrog into it - quite why I do not know as it's got no relevance at all.

Did I rant?? Just said not sure what lakeside have done which is so wrong when there is clubs out there sacking a rider without a wheel being turned? What's the lies? Not having a rant just asking. Surely it has nothing to do with who signed them first but which club they are an asset of? Edited by liam

Brian Havelock got it wrong. Robbo is a Lakeside asset and therefore his EL club, Coventry get priority. That never was in dispute except in Havelocks mind. Ippo presumably made the same mistake with King.

The issue here is not contracts having their status changed, it is that Len Silver delivered the contract to the SCB after .the start of the season, unlike the others mentioned. On the face of it Uncle Len simply honoured a prior agreement. Whether there was more to it than that we can only speculate, but the last thing Len would want is a disgruntled rider. I think it is worth mentioning that when the Garrity/Kennet swap took place there were press statements from Garrity and Horton saying how delighted they both were, a Statement from Len saying he thought getting Ed was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but not a word from Edward himself.

Did I rant?? Just said not sure what lakeside have done which is so wrong when there is clubs out there sacking a rider without a wheel being turned? What's the lies? Not having a rant just asking

If your talking about Jamrog then a wheel was turned in bees colours. He rode in the Midlands challenge cup.

He scored 0,0,0,0 in the first league followed by 0,0,1,0 in the second.

He also had individual meetings at EL tracks where he was really adrift against NL riders.

Brian Havelock got it wrong. Robbo is a Lakeside asset and therefore his EL club, Coventry get priority. That never was in dispute except in Havelocks mind. Ippo presumably made the same mistake with King.

The issue here is not contracts having their status changed, it is that Len Silver delivered the contract to the SCB after .the start of the season, unlike the others mentioned. On the face of it Uncle Len simply honoured a prior agreement. Whether there was more to it than that we can only speculate, but the last thing Len would want is a disgruntled rider. I think it is worth mentioning that when the Garrity/Kennet swap took place there were press statements from Garrity and Horton saying how delighted they both were, a Statement from Len saying he thought getting Ed was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but not a word from Edward himself.

So just as I said not similar to the Kennett deal after all. So much for my lies.

In the case of King he agreed his Ipswich deal before the agm and was not an asset of any club in any league and long before his EL place was confirmed.

At the time the PL wouldve taken priority in the abscence of either club owning him. That only changed at the agm.

It was later still that it was decided that he was considered an Elite asset and therefore priority switched.

If your talking about Jamrog then a wheel was turned in bees colours. He rode in the Midlands challenge cup.

He scored 0,0,0,0 in the first league followed by 0,0,1,0 in the second.

He also had individual meetings at EL tracks where he was really adrift against NL riders.

My original post did say league meeting. I have no problem at all Coventry doing what they think is best for them and there fans, the same for lakeside or any other club just not sure why people would think lakeside wouldn't possibly make a change if Kennett all of a sudden went from missing no meetings to possibly ten and not be able to get a suitable guest. Edited by liam

In the case of King he agreed his Ipswich deal before the agm and was not an asset of any club in any league and long before his EL place was confirmed.

At the time the PL wouldve taken priority in the abscence of either club owning him. That only changed at the agm.

It was later still that it was decided that he was considered an Elite asset and therefore priority switched.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the king signing but the thing about Edward is that his contract with Rye House was filed at the SCB after the official start of the season which so to all intents and purposes Rye do not get an automatic first choice. There is quite a long history of co-operation between Len and Jon Cook and it seems that a difficult situation has , on this occasion been sorted out amicably.

• Like 1

Only fair to reply to this thread, but last night I did asked Len Silver at Kent's open forum about Kent's latest planning variation to running times and curfew, being a change to running on a Friday between 6 and 9:30 and the impact of Lakeside. His answer was that if and only if the new times and day are approved then the Promotion at Lakeside would move to Kent and run Elite League racing in 2016. The planning application variation is due to be heard in April by Swale Borough Council and can be viewed on their website.

• Like 1

Only fair to reply to this thread, but last night I did asked Len Silver at Kent's open forum about Kent's latest planning variation to running times and curfew, being a change to running on a Friday between 6 and 9:30 and the impact of Lakeside. His answer was that if and only if the new times and day are approved then the Promotion at Lakeside would move to Kent and run Elite League racing in 2016. The planning application variation is due to be heard in April by Swale Borough Council and can be viewed on their website.

That's all sorts of confusing / unexpected! Thanks for the update though Ian. So what would happen to the Kings? There was a mention in the Lakeside programme notes last week about the future of racing at Arena Essex, but to be honest I read it as potentially positive (although very vague) and wondered if it would mean the stadium might be changing hands or investment in facilities or something similar.