British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2015

Surely Robson will miss as many meetings as Lawson.

Don't know about that but he"ll certainly miss the starts much more than Lwason, who is becoming pretty quick of the block theses days so I doubt that we'll see much of Robbo, popular though he is at Lakeside. Until the fixtures come out its too early to speculate on how many, if any home meetings Rich might miss, but I would say Cookies mate Roo Boy (6.22) would be first choice to replace Lawson(6.5) rather than 4 pointer Robbo, especially as Rory seems to be without work in Sweden or Poland at the moment, and he rides Lakeside very well.

Don't know about that but he"ll certainly miss the starts much more than Lwason, who is becoming pretty quick of the block theses days so I doubt that we'll see much of Robbo, popular though he is at Lakeside. Until the fixtures come out its too early to speculate on how many, if any home meetings Rich might miss, but I would say Cookies mate Roo Boy (6.22) would be first choice to replace Lawson(6.5) rather than 4 pointer Robbo, especially as Rory seems to be without work in Sweden or Poland at the moment, and he rides Lakeside very well.

It would be such a shame to be without Richard next season, but Rory would be a very popular replacement!

Edited by Mjolnir

I'd be gobsmacked if Schlein is anywhere other than Lynn in 2015, but you never know.

I can't see him being anywhere but KL either but over a period of several years he has probably been the most popular guest when needed at Lakeside and has probably been the only one that has never let us down ever. That's why every winter you'll see posts on the Lakeside forum from people saying they would like Rory in the following years team.

• Like 2

Am sure Richard will be riding for us next season, Rory will be first choice of GUEST, when there are fixture clashes for Richard

If the rules remain as for 2014 Richard, as a DU rider, may only be replaced by another PL rider.

Thanks tocha & John Leslie, didn't realise that :( Limited options then. Just out of interest, do guests come in on their PL or EL average?

Can't swear to this.... But I think the guest comes in on an average which is his PL average converted to EL. However if he already has an EL average, he comes in on whichever is the higher of the 2 figures

(I think that's what SR17.6 tries to say)

• Like 1

Can't swear to this.... But I think the guest comes in on an average which is his PL average converted to EL. However if he already has an EL average, he comes in on whichever is the higher of the 2 figures

(I think that's what SR17.6 tries to say)

Thats my understanding. But it could easily change.

Can anybody clarify what the rules mean (in relation to D/U riders) when they say the ownership of the rider , for fixture clash purposes , means a rider on a clubs retained list ?

There is a general assumption among many fans that the retained list means the asset list but I have looked through the rules and as far as I can see there is no clear explanation. I have heard it said that the retained list means the riders contracted to a club the previous year and used again, which may or not be the case, but at the risk of being pedantic can anyone point me to the specific or official definition of what the retained list actually is, so that we have it crystal clear?

The true definition could have a lot to do with who would get first call on Richard.

Edited by E I Addio

As far as I understand it the club who's asset the rider is gets first call. After that the PL get preference. In the event of a rearranged fixture clashing, the club who rearranged the fixture first get priority. Although this is the BSPA we are talking about so it probably depends where the dart lands :)

• Like 1

Can anybody clarify what the rules mean (in relation to D/U riders) when they say the ownership of the rider , for fixture clash purposes , means a rider on a clubs retained list ?

The PL team have priority over doubling up riders, unless the rider is an asset of the EL club in question.

Last year Lakeside had priority over Redcar for Lawson because Lakeside had bought him.

However they have now sold him back to Workington, so they would no longer have priority. If he doubles up with Lakeside and Glasgow now, Glasgow will have priority

The PL team have priority over doubling up riders, unless the rider is an asset of the EL club in question.

Last year Lakeside had priority over Redcar for Lawson because Lakeside had bought him.

However they have now sold him back to Workington, so they would no longer have priority. If he doubles up with Lakeside and Glasgow now, Glasgow will have priority

That's is the forum view , I know , but I just thought I would check out the wording of the rule it comes from and on my reading of the rule it seems a bit ambiguous and I was just asking how we get to the point that the "retained list " as specified in the rules actually means the asset list. Not a big deal but I just thought that as this was speedway and it would not be the first time a rule is generally understood to mean one thing then someone says it means something else and the previous understanding goes out the window e' g Somersets team declaration is a case in point. If they mean assets why not say assets in the rule ? I may be totally wrong but just throwing it out for comment / observation./clarification

As far as I understand it the club who's asset the rider is gets first call. After that the PL get preference. In the event of a rearranged fixture clashing, the club who rearranged the fixture first get priority. Although this is the BSPA we are talking about so it probably depends where the dart lands :)

That's exactly why I thought I would check the rules, but not for the first time in speedway they are not crystal clear. Well, not to me anyway.

At the Lynn announcement the other day this question came up about who gets priority and it appears there has been a change for this year.

If the club own the rider they get priority.

If neither club own the rider then priority goes to the team that are in the same league as the club that owns the rider.

At the Lynn announcement the other day this question came up about who gets priority and it appears there has been a change for this year.

If neither club own the rider then priority goes to the team that are in the same league as the club that owns the rider.

so Danny King is a Birmingham asset who gets first call Ipswich or Cov?
  • Like 1

That's bit of a headscratcher!

I simply can not fathom the logic behind that one.

• Like 2

They didn't cover national league assets so I wouldn't know as it wasn't covered.

It is definately different that's why I thought I would tell you what was said at the meeting as it hasn't been bought up in any of the other threads yet.

I believe they changed the rule because of the fast track reserves and the amount of potential clashes. For example Lewis rose will ride for Swindon if there are any clashes with Newcastle.