British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2015

Sad to read about Lewis, but he has clearly not been in love with the sport for a few seasons now.

If he lacks the commitment and drive to compete there is little point but as others have said if he followed the Woffinden example he might just find some of the answers he is looking for.

He certainly has the talent and ability to push his career on if he wanted to.

• Like 1

Who are you Pirate Oliver, perhaps u need to change your name to Pirate Negative?!

Who am I, well I am someone who sponsored LBR also negative yes what is there really to be positive about the sport if you can call it that is a joke in this country this last year even more so.

• Like 1

It's a shame for us fans, as he was without a doubt one of the most entertaining riders to watch at Lakeside the last couple of seasons. Best of luck to him though, and I hope that he'll rediscover his passion for the sport and we'll see him back on a bike in the future.

Certainly in the last half of last season he was showing the sort of form around Lakeside that mark him as a terrific talent, and this year he has had a good manager and some mature people around him that have managed to keep him more or less focussed. Lewis gets a lot of unfair criticism from people who don't know him, but having said that, he does seem to have a self-destruct button that goes off every time things start going well. Messing up and missing two flights to Poland after getting himself established as a fans favourite out there is a classic example.

It will be a great loss to British speedway. If he carried on the way he was going at the end of last season he could realistically be British No 3 behind Bomber and Tai, next year with further progression after that.

He is an enigma, no doubt about that, but I doubt we will see him back on a speedway bike again. One person in speedway Lewis absolutely respected was Lee Richardson and my personal view is that deep down Lewis has probably never got over losing Lee, although we'll never really know.

• Like 2

It will be a great loss to British speedway. If he carried on the way he was going at the end of last season he could realistically be British No 3 behind Bomber and Tai, next year with further progression after that.

He is an enigma, no doubt about that, but I doubt we will see him back on a speedway bike again. One person in speedway Lewis absolutely respected was Lee Richardson and my personal view is that deep down Lewis has probably never got over losing Lee, although we'll never really know.

I'd say that he definitely has the potential to claim the 3rd spot in the GB team, and was on course for making it his. Not only was he racing regularly in Poland but I'd say his EL form was much better than any other rider that might have been working towards it.

I think a lot of people underestimate the influence that Lee had on Lewis, both before and after his death. Even his bikes look remarkably like Lee's did. I could be wrong of course, but I'd say I agree with you.

Who am I, well I am someone who sponsored LBR also negative yes what is there really to be positive about the sport if you can call it that is a joke in this country this last year even more so.

Not what I watched this year as far as the actual speedway is concerned, apart from Eastbourne, Coventry and the play off meetings at Lynn and Poole. Loads of other things could be put right if the will is there, things that wouldn't all cost a fortune too. You are looking at things from a different angle to me I guess. Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

so what's the news / gossip from the end of season dinner ?

Well what is said in confidence has to stay in confidence but what can be said is that if Adam gives up Speedway he should have a great career as a comedian. His interview by Jon Cook was hilarious. It's not just what he says but the way he says it, a continuous steam of one liners, one after the other, all off the top of his head, laughing at himself as well as the other riders.He is a really nice lad .

There is report and photos on the Lakeside website, but TBH not much could be said this side of the AGM . Jon Cooks interviews were mostly the riders taking the mick out of each other and taking the mick out of Jon Cook, and it is clear that all the riders get on very well

Good to see club legends Leigh Lanham and Andrew Silver there as guests of honour, both still remarkably popular with the fans.Rob Mear and Marc Owen also came along.

Richard Lawson was Rider of the Year. Overall it was a really good night.

Mind he can probably see what a joke Speedway has become and opted out can't say I blame him at all.

It's pretty clear from what Lewis was saying at the Dinner and Dance on Saturday that Pirate Oliver hasn't got a clue what he he talking about. It's not the reasons Pirate Oliver is talking about in the above post. Pirate Oliver is an idiot.

• Like 1

Alot of this season has been about bringing on British talent and then we go and lose one of the better ones sad news.

I agree.

On one of my visits to Lakeside last season he was simply brilliant, easily the best I have ever seen him ride. On the others, he put in 100% in every race.

I think its true to say that Bridger is occasionally his own worst enemy, but he is both talented and willing to put it in on the track. We can't afford to lose riders like that.

I will be surprised if we don't see Lewis back on a bike at some time next season.

I think a season away will make him realise that he does want to be racing after all. It's just a shame that he isn't hungry for it at the moment, as he was definitely gaining some momentum last season and he could be carrying that on and progressing next year.

• Like 1

Jon Cook has his critics but to give credit where its due he will be having a fans forum on 21st November, within days of the AGM to update fans on developments straightaway. He was very candid last year and hopefully he will be the same this year. We may possibly get some info on the 2015 hammers at the same time.