British Speedway Forum

Australian Gp Is Back

A while back someone on the forum asked...how good is Greg Hancock.

Answer...Very very good indeed. (And no...the crash was not Greg's fault).

• Like 3

It was first bend bunching. Chill!

No it was not. Doyle made a better start then Greg and closed the door but Greg just rode straight into Doyle.

The first bend bunching is a vastly over used phenomenon, especially in situations like this but I assume that the ref are not allowed to exclude one of the monster poster boys?

• Like 4

I agree with the all 4 decision as it was so tight but if there had to be an exclusion in this case it would be Greg IMO.

the other 2 riders were 5 meters behind or so... Greg took Doyle off surely?

First bend bunching doesn't have to include all riders as far as I know.

I saw two riders going for the same piece of track on the inside of the first corner in a GP Final. They collided and caused a three rider pile up. If you start excluding the rider in red (Hancock) it acts as a precedent and discourages ultra-competitive racing. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of our sport. We want the best guys to push themselves...

Also, Doyley has shown all year that he is a hard rider, willing to mix it up with others. That doesn't effect how I see the incident being all four back, but I do want to highlight Doyle has not been afraid to put himself about this season. By the same token, few riders are considered as fair as Hancock...

Added: For clarity's sake I'm a fan of both riders, and they would be two of my three ideal picks to replace Magic as Poole #1 in 2016.

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue
  • Like 3

Until the final that was a brilliant GP. Hope Jason gets away with that one with as little injury as possible.

As for that final, had that been Nicki in red and not Greg we'd have 10 pages on here now. I'd have excluded Greg but then I think there's far too much all 4 back.

How much influence do Monster have on GP's... Seems like a them and us scenario.

I saw two riders going for the same piece of track on the inside of the first corner in a GP Final. They collided and caused a three rider pile up. If you start excluding the rider in red (Hancock) it acts as a precedent and discourages ultra-competitive racing. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of our sport. We want the best guys to push themselves...

Also, Doyley has shown all year that he is a hard rider, willing to mix it up with others. That doesn't effect how I see the incident being all four back, but I do want to highlight Doyle has not been afraid to put himself about this season. By the same token, few riders are considered as fair as Hancock...

it doesnt have to include 4 riders no... But greg was behind, lifted and went into Doyle... No one else involved or at fault imo.
  • Like 1

It does not exist. There is no such rule, just one covering unsatisfactory starts. Perhaps people ought to actually read the rules before commenting on them?

Didn't much care for Tapp, although Crumpy was good I did miss Nige and Kelv.

Tapp's fine for an Aussie audience but I find that kind of Aussie 'ocker' style tedious. I steer clear of Aussie sports generally because of that kind of commentary, despite enjoying Rugby League. Some people like it but I just find it crass.

Crump was superb - the best 'colour man' in the sport by a long way.