British Speedway Forum

Australian Gp Is Back

Well I enjoyed that GP.Plenty of good racing and incidents.And the odd bit of controversy,especially with Masters.I may go against the grain here but I like a few incidents like the Masters one,shows a bit of passion and it certainly gets people talking.It didn't hurt in the 70s and 80s when teams had their villains and the crowds would turn up in their numbers then.

Liked the commentary team of Tapp and Crump,at least we didn't have to turn the volume down on the tv.Really liked some of Tapp's phrases.

Hope Doyle isn't to badly hurt,that was one big crash.

Roll on 2016 :approve:

• Like 2

Well I enjoyed that GP.Plenty of good racing and incidents.And the odd bit of controversy,especially with Masters.I may go against the grain here but I like a few incidents like the Masters one,shows a bit of passion and it certainly gets people talking.It didn't hurt in the 70s and 80s when teams had their villains and the crowds would turn up in their numbers then.

Liked the commentary team of Tapp and Crump,at least we didn't have to turn the volume down on the tv.Really liked some of Tapp's phrases.

Hope Doyle isn't to badly hurt,that was one big crash.

Roll on 2016 :approve:

spot on with the commentators, much better

• Like 1

Well, unless he qualifies someday. I really don't see what's so wrong with riders having a bit of a go at each other on the slowdown lap. Down the years we've had Nicholls/Dryml, Nicholls/Sayfutdinov, Crump/Holder, Pedersen/practically everyone, etc... It just adds to the entertainment.

It's when it spills into the pits and mechanics, managers and hanger ons get involved that needs to be seriously looked at.

Don't forget Boyce and Gollob on the centre green,i will never forget that one,classic.

Still, my original question regarding the actual agreement is valid. Humpty Applepie should also awake to fact that what he thinks is rubbish, is basically agreed on paper a few years prior.

I don't know what I've got to do with it - I haven't made any criticism of the Australian GP.

Bottom line though, is I don't much care what's agreed on paper and when. BSI don't really seem to take responsibility for much, and everyone else seems to be blamed when things go wrong.

It's also undeniable there's a trail of disgruntled former promoters left in the wake of a number of now defunct GPs.

• Like 1

Well done to Tai on his 2nd title and Well done to Greg on his win today.

Is it just me or has the GP lost a little of its edge let me explain why i think so.Over the years there has always been 2/ 3 riders that stand a chance of winning the title. This year did anyone at any time think that Tai would not win it ?.His only challengers were two older statesmen Greg and Nicki who in the end finished well behind him.There are a few riders with long term potential but not ready for a few years yet.If time catches up with Greg and Nicki next year who out of the remaining GP riders could really challenge Tai for me no one yet.The 2 riders that could have challenged Tai are lost to the GP one for the worst reason possible Darcy Ward(boy will that guy be missed)and Emil Sayfutdinov who for some reason is showing no interest in riding in the GPs.

It should be Tai,Darcys and Emils time to be the 3 great challengers for the title but for the reasons above this is sadly not to be and the GP is not a patch on what it could be with them all in it.

SPOT ON, been the most boring and predictable GP series for a long long time with only really one realistic winner from day 1. Sadly, it could be like that for a few more seasons and unless Emil either changes his mind or some of the Polish youngsters really move forward and step up a level, Woffenden is going to have it easy for a while and win some "cheap" titles. The fact that Harris has qualified for yet another season of embarrassment and a 45 year old is the only serious challenger to Woffenden, really does sum up the sad state and quality level of the GP's right now :(

• Like 1

SPOT ON, been the most boring and predictable GP series for a long long time with only really one realistic winner from day 1. Sadly, it could be like that for a few more seasons and unless Emil either changes his mind or some of the Polish youngsters really move forward and step up a level, Woffenden is going to have it easy for a while and win some "cheap" titles. The fact that Harris has qualified for yet another season of embarrassment and a 45 year old is the only serious challenger to Woffenden, really does sum up the sad state and quality level of the GP's right now :(

HARRIS qualified under the regulations fairly and beaten many "youngsters" to get their, hes not my favourite but

deserves his spot..woffy can only beat whats in front of him, and its a bit unfair calling them "cheap titles", theres nothing "cheap"

about being consistant in all rounds, and just maybe, talking him down, disrespects his hard work in staying top of his field..

a English world champion, and still brit fans on this forum still not happy!

• Like 3

Predictable?

It's amazing what drivel people come out with.

In any GP you could realistically say any one of Woffinden, Hancock, Pedersen, Zagar, Iversen, Doyle, Janowski, Kildemand could win it. In fact you could include Holder in that on a good night and at the tail end of the season even Jonsson was right in the mix.

• Like 7

Predictable?

It's amazing what drivel people come out with.

In any GP you could realistically say any one of Woffinden, Hancock, Pedersen, Zagar, Iversen, Doyle, Janowski, Kildemand could win it. In fact you could include Holder in that on a good night and at the tail end of the season even Jonsson was right in the mix.

quite right, woffy has only won 5 gps, which sums up your point bw

I enjoy a bit of argy bargy after the heat tbh. Hope to god Speedway doesn't end up like football, where every episode of handbags becomes a day of shame. Speedway doesn't need that hand wringing nonsense.... and that heat 8 was an awesome battle on the track followed by a terrific right hook from Masters.

In this instance Pedersens team deserved what they got. the way he kicked the back wheel at Masters out was woeful.

Edited to add - very impressive event and entertainment.

Edited by damosuzuki
  • Like 1

Jason was good, and so was David Tapp, MUCH better than listening to the mouth that is Pearson. Never made a mistake either.

Aside from having Troy Butler in a race? ;) Got to admit I did enjoy his commentary though. Thought it was a good GP actually, especially as there wasn't much to play for. Good track with plenty of lines, and some decent racing. Masters clearly not au fait with GP racing yet, but gave a good account of himself on track. And really good to see some of the "greats" in attendance, especially Leigh Adams.

• Like 1

Why isn't Masters banned from the rest of the meeting? Boycie was when he lumped Gollob.

Were Emil and Scotty in 09 at Cardiff? Nope!

Exactly. There's an 'In Crowd' now.

Do you mean team Monster amongst others? It's a clique among riders from the outside looking in. I'm no fan of NP, but if posts are going to be anti Nicki at every opportunity because reputation proceeds him, then the same needs to be fairly pointed out for other riders who do the same. It can't all be Pedersen, and the blinkers come on for others because that's not a fair assessment across the board.

Think Zager was pointing something out to Nicki after his heat win across the line which had the section we were sat in fits of laughter.

How was Nicki to know what his pit crew were about to do to Sam through the pit gate. However, unfortunately for any rider they are subject to controlling this type of behaviour from them and NP will pick up the tab for their actions rightly or wrongly.

Edited by Undercover Elephant

Not a fan of Tai but the guy can only beat who is in GPs. Would love to see Emil back. Don't understand why a rider with his ability doesn't want to try and be World Champion. Didn't see much wrong with Nicki's ride against Sam. Hard but fair GP race.

• Like 1

I'm sure the promoter will be happy with the crowd of 26,000+, but next year they should let more of the expensive seats available. I spoke to fans who wanted to sit on the middle tier, but the website said it was sold out, but they only sold tickets to the public for half of it, the other half (which was almost empty) was just for corporate and other groups. Anybody thinking of going next year, buy the cheapest on the day, and sit where you like. This also applies to most of these large stadiums that stage gp's. I paid 49 dollars but no one stopped sitting up top where the price was double that.

For those on a budget (like me), it can be done for a reasonable price. I'm out here for two weeks, 2 speedway, 6 soccer, 2/3 cricket, 6 internal flights, 2 buses, 1 train, all accommodation and transfers will easily be done for under £1,500 it would have been £200 less had I known about the meeting today earlier, but the flight to Perth this morning put the price up a bit, never mind, just hope I see a good game.

• Like 1

Just watched the GP thought it was a belter. Looked so fast, i bet live it was something else. Great racing, a good few incidents. I hate Aussies winning anything but felt very sorry for JD, so close to wining and ends the meeting on a perfect (Aussie) note. Hope he's not too badly hurt that was a nasty crash.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the meeting the track looked awesome so smooth and created loads of racing lines.Was thinking to myself watching this how overated i believe Cardiff is ? A great day out of course and a great weekend away,but just for the racing side not the best.I just hope the new Swindon track(if we ever get one?????) is not the same i believe a track needs banking.

• Like 1