British Speedway Forum

Australian Gp Is Back

Fair enough.

Been sitting on the receiving end of the stick (for the day for EVERYTHING), so feeling a tad touchy... Still, my original question regarding the actual agreement is valid. Humpty Applepie should also awake to fact that what he thinks is rubbish, is basically agreed on paper a few years prior.

Got that off my chest... Cheers!

It was all your fault though :lol: You should have delegated like BSI do and then accepted no responsibility ;)

HAVEN'T seen much praise on here about the track. I'm not in Melbourne so can only comment from afar but it looked terrific and the extra size provided plenty of racing lines. It was still smaller than the new one at BV which is currently in the process of being laid.

Thought the track was outstanding - was smooth, had plenty of material on it & produced great racing lines. And it looked the proper shale colour.

Just baffles & annoys me even more that in comparison the Cardiff track is so crap. Aussies do this on their 1st attempt & yet we have had over a dozen at Cardiff & they still can't get it right....why???

It doesn't even look like a proper track for gods sake. It looks like a sandy beach, they don't ever water it, it has barely any material on it & the racing is non existant.

Maybe u have an insight into this Phil cos it bugs me big time. There's usually 20 or so of us that go & we're all sick of the poor racing so have sacked it off next year. There's only so many times u can go for the "atmosphere" only to be let down by the actual product.

There was 21 of us in Torun this year & I think that group of us will only grow there with many sacrificing Cardiff for something a million times better.

Edited by Bradford Ace
  • Like 1

HAVEN'T seen much praise on here about the track. I'm not in Melbourne so can only comment from afar but it looked terrific and the extra size provided plenty of racing lines. It was still smaller than the new one at BV which is currently in the process of being laid.

Thought the track was outstanding - was smooth, had plenty of material on it & produced great racing lines. And it looked the proper shale colour.

Just baffles & annoys me even more that in comparison the Cardiff track is so crap. Aussies do this on their 1st attempt & yet we have had over a dozen at Cardiff & they still can't get it right....why???

It doesn't even look like a proper track for gods sake. It looks like a sandy beach, they don't ever water it, it has barely any material on it & the racing is non existant.

Maybe u have an insight into this Phil cos it bugs me big time. There's usually 20 or so of us that go & we're all sick of the poor racing so have sacked it off next year. There's only so many times u can go for the "atmosphere" only to be let down by the actual product.

There was 21 of us in Torun this year & I think that group of us will only grow there with many sacrificing Cardiff for something a million times better.

DON'T really have any insight ... certainly the fact that the track was significantly bigger helped produce more racing lines. Obviously the material used wouldn't be identical in every respect but it was Olsen who went to Australia earlier in the year to source it.

Incidentally, they do water the track at Cardiff but rarely before the semis and final. Riders don't like a freshly watered track.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

All adds to the excitement. Nothing wrong with a little punch up now and again.

Not what you said in the Edinburgh/Sheffiled thread post 43, when commenting on Masters hitting Baby Bjerre ....

Quote ...

"Bjerre wasn't stuck under his bike at all his bike was at the side of him he was sitting leaning against the air fence when Sam went over and kneeled down beside him lost it and punched him. I'm not defending Sam as what he did was wrong"

C'mon MrB on Edinburgh/Glasgow threads you might get away with your bullish, tongue in cheek bias.

But on a GP thread, like Sam Masters in a GP, you're in with the big boys.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Not what you said in the Edinburgh/Sheffiled thread post 43, when commenting on Masters hitting Baby Bjerre ....

Quote ...

"Bjerre wasn't stuck under his bike at all his bike was at the side of him he was sitting leaning against the air fence when Sam went over and kneeled down beside him lost it and punched him. I'm not defending Sam as what he did was wrong"

C'mon MrB on Edinburgh/Glasgow threads you might get away with your bullish, tongue in cheek bias.

But on a GP thread, like Sam Masters in a GP, you're in with the big boys.

On that occasion yes as Bjerre didn't do anything. You can clearly see one of nicki mechanics provoking Sam as he was walking away back to the pits then it all kicked off again.

It is just a shame that this incident has over shadowed what was a good night for him on the track as he mixed it well with the best in the world.

Edited by Mr Blobby

On that occasion yes as Bjerre didn't do anything. You can clearly see one of nicki mechanics provoking Sam as he was walking away back to the pits then it all kicked off again.

It is just a shame that this incident has over shadowed what was a good night for him on the track as he mixed it well with the best in the world.

I actually like Sam, but he needs to curb that temper.

Throwing punches does him no favours whether provoked or not.

Even if you view it from a sporting POV, rather than a moral one, he's showing others his weakness.

I actually like Sam, but he needs to curb that temper.

Throwing punches does him no favours whether provoked or not.

Even if you view it from a sporting POV, rather than a moral one, he's showing others his weakness.

Agreed. I don't understand were it comes from either as he's so laid back it's ridiculous.

Provoked or not it cant be all right throwing sucker punches and starting fights at any speedway track. The least what refs have to do is disqualify the rider immediately from the meeting... Then a massive fine and half year ban at least after that all the other riders will realize that they cant get away with that stuff.

Lot of riders actually praising violence and saying its all right to attack fellow riders...

Quote from N. Klindt: "obv shouldn't be violent in sports, but speedway need more of this to keep it alive. the fans love it!"

• Like 1

Well Masters got his 2 minute fame and the praise of his australian buddies he wont get anywhere near a GP again...

Well, unless he qualifies someday. I really don't see what's so wrong with riders having a bit of a go at each other on the slowdown lap. Down the years we've had Nicholls/Dryml, Nicholls/Sayfutdinov, Crump/Holder, Pedersen/practically everyone, etc... It just adds to the entertainment.

It's when it spills into the pits and mechanics, managers and hanger ons get involved that needs to be seriously looked at.

• Like 2

Provoked or not it cant be all right throwing sucker punches and starting fights at any speedway track. The least what refs have to do is disqualify the rider immediately from the meeting... Then a massive fine and half year ban at least after that all the other riders will realize that they cant get away with that stuff.

Lot of riders actually praising violence and saying its all right to attack fellow riders...

Quote from N. Klindt: "obv shouldn't be violent in sports, but speedway need more of this to keep it alive. the fans love it!"

have to say, N Klindt statement isn't far off the mark....nicholls/sayfutinov greg/nicki, gollob/boyce, fantastic television.

im clearly not saying its right, but it certainly livens up proceedings, and daily star coverage from Cardiff after scotty/emil was a full

page spread, its still talked about now...would I watch that, or the garbage from warsaw?