British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2015

Weve tried apparently he cant be

A good signing and not really a surprise or Christmas coming early. What everyone wants to know is - who are the final two - because they hold the key between success and failure.

Time will tell if retaining him and re-signing Howarth will be good signings....that so depends on the final two and if they are a Kenni Larsen and a Mads/Zengi then it's gonna be a long hard season

• Like 1

No win situation with Nick, he hasn't kicked on as much as we'd hoped but we'd be spitting feathers if his breakout year came in different kevlars! I'm confident he'd be ok, even as a 3rd heat leader if we went with a high avg no1 and a low 6ish. My choice would obviously be for an 8 point no1 and Shamek but that's unlikely. Points wise there's still lots of options, its just we all suspect quite a lit of them are saying no!

I think Howarth is an excellent signing for Swindon, I was really impressed with him at Coventry, and importantly, he can perform well when the pressure is on as he showed in the play off final. I would certainly consider either Kenni Larsen or Grzegorz Zengota for one of the final two places. Both riders are very professional and have good equipment. Both were popular at Coventry and provided good entertaining racing, both also never let the club down. I still think there's more to come from Larsen and this season could be really important for him. I suppose it all depends on the number one signing, I think if anyone can, Rosco could bring Emil back to the UK, I would love to see it. Good luck Swindon and Happy Christmas to all.

This is a poor signing IMHO. We need heatleaders. By signing Morris and Howarth we have seriously reduced the pool of riders we can now potentially fit into the top end of the team.

For example, if we sign Lindback (7.94), we now can't fit anyone over 6.9, so riders like Janowski (7.50), Sundstrom (7.22) and Piotr Pawlicki (7.32) are all out.

If we sign Kasprzak (8.39) it leaves us only 6.45, so all of the above, plus riders like Shamek Pawlicki (6.75), Davey Watt (6.71), Michael Jepsen Jensen (6.52), Kenni Larsen (6.57) and Seb Ulamek (6.60) are all too high.

All this talk of Sayfudinov, Hancock and Nicki Pedersen is complete fantasy.

When will people get real. Emil will cost a lot of a coin even if he decided he fancied it. The club was run on a tight budget last year and restored a bit of reputation by paying people on time. There is no way the money is there for Emil and quite rightly so if signing him means we go back to the days of not paying people.

Seems to me like we are relying on Kildemand signing which is stupid as he has said all along he won't do a full season with 2 home and away. If he can't be tempted back and Miezindski is serious about a UK return then I reckon thats the route we will go down. No doubt people will moan but would you prefer him or Bjarne?!

• Like 1

Sorry if I have missed any news but is Kildemand not riding in UK this year?

I think last week he was quoted as saying only 20-30% likely to be. So in short, no he's not. Hence Swindon fans now going into a quite reasonable panic as it looks like they culd end up a point or two short of the limit.

This is a poor signing IMHO. We need heatleaders. By signing Morris and Howarth we have seriously reduced the pool of riders we can now potentially fit into the top end of the team.
For example, if we sign Lindback (7.94), we now can't fit anyone over 6.9, so riders like Janowski (7.50), Sundstrom (7.22) and Piotr Pawlicki (7.32) are all out.

Allowed only two above 7 anyway!

• Like 1