British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

Oh what a surprise that the rider who should never have been in the draft was pivotal to them winning the league.

Nor should Worrall have been in there but he was............

RP

For me Newman has been the outstanding Fast Track rider with Garrity second followed by Blackbird, Worrall etc but that is regardless now and these riders need to be bought on next year with the format changed to help them improve even more with some more challenging rides.

As for Poole 2015 apart from Newman it is hard to see where they can build a team from as they are yet again victims of their own success with all of the main body having well over six point averages and Magic finally looking more like the rider we expected to see a few years ago.

Magic looks like joining a few other GP riders in missing out on Britain in 2015 as they find it hard to commit to 28 meetings on various race days and want 14 meetings on one race night. Will Shamek be back ? ..... Is Milik good enough to warrant a 6.34 average and possibly a heat leaders role and the same can be said of Grajczonek who along with Newman and Milik has been the reason Poole ended up as Champions yet again.

If it stays as 28 meetings on various race nights and less top riders, I think you could go with Grajczonek with Pawlicki or Milik as the spearhead and Newman promoted to a second string. Depending on the limit and going on the assumption that Ward will not be available, it wouldn't be a suprise to see Davey Watt back.

6.75 Shamek or 6.34 Milik

6.71 Watt

6.40 Grajczonek

5.00 Newman

What that leaves is to be seen and who they get as fast track riders too but no doubt whoever they get in, they will be challenging yet again like normal.

Watt ! Thats funny, he wont be riding again for poole, why would you have a rider on the way down.
  • Like 1

RP

complete and utter tosh!

Worrall had only 3 years total racing experience in the NL and had never averaged above 4 in his very short PL career.

He was exactly the type of rider the fast track was designed for - young,inexperienced but with good talent potential and ambition.

• Like 3

Poole should sign Arthur Sissis, I think he would come in on a 4.00 and He's better than Darcy Ward in my opinion.

1. Darcy Ward

2. Arthur Sissis - 4.00

3. Greg Walasek - 6.24

4. Thomas H Jonasson - 5.69

5. Leon Madsen - 6.10

6. FD

7. FD

ah thats the best post of the day.

limited knowledge or trolling as its likely NONE of the 5 you mentioned will be at Poole. Ward is a maybe.

• Like 1

complete and utter tosh!

Worrall had only 3 years total racing experience in the NL and had never averaged above 4 in his very short PL career.

He was exactly the type of rider the fast track was designed for - young,inexperienced but with good talent potential and ambition.

Well said & Steve had a breakthrough season at both levels but had done nothing until this season.

Compare his 3 point average with others in the draft & he was the big improver but was not the best rider.

Some hide behind bias views but I pre-fer facts.

RP

I disagree

Newman Kerr and Garrity were proven premier league riders so if they were in it other riders like Birks and Auty should have been.

Steve Worrall was almost 3 points lower then Newman at the start of the season. So to say Worrall shouldnt have been in it is wrong in my opinion.

Worrall and Blackbird were the huge improvers on their averages.

Its no coincedence that the top 4 had the 4 best FTD riders. 3 who possibly shouldnt have been in the draft in the first place.

Its no coincedence that the top 4 had the 4 best FTD riders. 3 who possibly shouldnt have been in the draft in the first place.

Take out them 3 and suddenly people are moaning that the new top 3 were too good. And you take them 3 out and....

What I dont get is why Birks was too good with Newman wasn't. Both have 3 point EL averages, both from a very similar number of meetings. Birks has a little bit less experience though. My issue is that Birks wasn't included, not that others were. Just who has Ash Birks upset?

Take out them 3 and suddenly people are moaning that the new top 3 were too good. And you take them 3 out and....

What I dont get is why Birks was too good with Newman wasn't. Both have 3 point EL averages, both from a very similar number of meetings. Birks has a little bit less experience though. My issue is that Birks wasn't included, not that others were. Just who has Ash Birks upset?

It was obvious on averages that the 3 in question were to good. You would then look at the likes of Worrall and Balckbird were to good but they werent that was improvement. Adam Ellis i believe had a higher average than Worrall yet didnt improve at Elite level.

When you had 3 riders who were almost 3 points better than the rest it was likely they would be up the top somewhere

I agree with you about Birks though a disgrace he wasnt allowed in it

Not be an assett of a certain club was the only reason that can make any real sense especially after his serious accident.

It was obvious on averages that the 3 in question were to good. You would then look at the likes of Worrall and Balckbird were to good but they werent that was improvement. Adam Ellis i believe had a higher average than Worrall yet didnt improve at Elite level.

When you had 3 riders who were almost 3 points better than the rest it was likely they would be up the top somewhere

I agree with you about Birks though a disgrace he wasnt allowed in it

Kerr was about 5.5 but it was from 1 season of PL racing. So you'd have been forcing him out for being too good too soon. Garrity was a 5.5 rider so not a lot more than Blackbird, Nielsen, Ellis and Morris just off the top of my head - but he'd been out 80% of the season injured and had noly completed 1 full PL season prior to that. Newman was possibly pushing it a bit but then once you had Kerr on his average, and in Newmans defence he has put himself out there, some EU rounds, FIM rounds, under 18 and under 21. He deserves a shot at it really.

Edited by SCB

I thought the point of the FTR system was to help riders who have shown great potential, but haven't quite had enough rides to make the jump to the next level. I don't think where they were in their career, premier league or otherwise, is really that important. All that matters is that they were British riders who couldn't cut it in the Elite League before and now they are British riders who quite possibly could cut it in the Elite League next season. Surely that is nothing more than a resounding success?

There will always be riders who rise to the top like Kyle Newman, if there weren't then why have FTR at all? We can't moan because some of them have rose to the challenge and others haven't.

I the FTR system continues next season but with 1 British rider at reserve instead of 2. The FTR system should be an incentive to perform well in the NL and PL to show you are ready to give it a go in the Elite League, not a free pay cheque for any British youngster with a speedway bike.

I think the FTR system, although not perfect, has proven itself to be worthy of more than just the cost cutting purposes it was really bought in for.

• Like 2

howarth has surprised me , i was shocked when newman was in the draft yet howarth wasnt , yet howarth has improved no end ....

agree that birks should of been in , and newman has been around a while riding for poole in elite in 2011 -

the way the draft is decided needs to be done by computer software calculated by performances - and not by one person who might be swayed to decide one way or another

PROMOTER Matt Ford has revealed suspended Aussie ace Darcy Ward remains part of his plan to track two of Poole Pirates’ three big guns in 2015.

Ford has Ward, 2012 world champion Chris Holder and Grand Prix newcomer Maciej Janowksi on his books but admitted it would be “impossible” to utilise all three under the Elite League’s stringent team-building rules.

Ford told the Daily Echo: “Like Chris Holder and now Maciej Janowski, Darcy is a big part of the Poole family and the future of the club.

“We can’t possibly fit them all in, that is a certainty, but we do know that if one guy misses out then another can come in and become a hero.

"You only have to look at the likes of Kyle Newman and Vaclav Milik this year. There are one or two more in the pipeline and hopefully they will come along and do the same thing.

“No-one knows what will happen at Darcy’s hearing so it would be foolhardy to start making plans now. There are the rules of British speedway to consider as well.

“But if Darcy is riding in the UK, it will be for Poole, I just can’t imagine letting him go out to represent somebody else. That said, I can’t imagine allowing Chris or Maciej do that either.

“I don’t want to have to ride against any of them. They are Poole assets and Poole riders who are very loyal to club and none of them want to ride for anybody else.

“They have chosen to buy houses here so they have committed themselves to the cause. Clearly, we’re not going to get all three in the team but let’s hope we can get two.”

Edited by Snorlax