British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/0122_visastatement.html

loving the Poole statement refusing to run with guests because of the visa issues.

Here we go again, Poole have to have a full team in best interests of speedway but the opposition can have rider's missing and Poole want the meeting on in the beat interest of Poole speedway :lol:

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/0122_visastatement.html

loving the Poole statement refusing to run with guests because of the visa issues.

Here we go again, Poole have to have a full team in best interests of speedway but the opposition can have rider's missing and Poole want the meeting on in the beat interest of Poole speedway :lol:

Yeah, "we look like being totally screwed here more than anyone else (we lose Holder and Ward) - with that in mind, we want everyone to work with us" :D Tough $hit. If Aussies can't get in, sign a non-aussie.

Edited by SCB

Yeah, "we look like being totally screwed here more than anyone else (we lose Holder and Ward) - with that in mind, we want everyone to work with us" :D Tough $hit. If Aussies can't get in, sign a non-aussie.

Not a problem for us, KK & Janowski. But that's not the point. If the Aussies don't get in then the points limit must be lowered to try as far as possible for a level playing field.

I don't think the likes of Holder, Ward, Batch and Doyle will have a problem as they are clearly at the Elite end of their sport and internationally established. It's the PL riders that will have problems. The way I read Tier 2 is that anyone not in their national team or the GP's could struggle.

• Like 1

So Matt wants C Holders visa sorted well before the start of the season. Is he aware that is only 5 or 6 weeks to the start of the season and he has to deal with a government agency, not the most efficient of organisations. We have the same issue at Swindon with Batch, but I think getting this all sorted well before the season start is going to be difficult.

• Like 2

So if Darcy Ward weasels his way out of his drinking charge he might still not be able to get a work permit?

And now that Matt Ford fears his poor paperwork might cost him some star riders he wants to re-jig and "equalise" things because it's not fair?

I can see Alanis Morrisette getting a song out of this.

• Like 1

Not a problem for us, KK & Janowski. But that's not the point. If the Aussies don't get in then the points limit must be lowered to try as far as possible for a level playing field.

I don't think the likes of Holder, Ward, Batch and Doyle will have a problem as they are clearly at the Elite end of their sport and internationally established. It's the PL riders that will have problems. The way I read Tier 2 is that anyone not in their national team or the GP's could struggle.

Oh the irony!! :nono:

So Matt wants C Holders visa sorted well before the start of the season. Is he aware that is only 5 or 6 weeks to the start of the season and he has to deal with a government agency, not the most efficient of organisations.

You can say that again... :nono:

So because Poole will be affected by this Matt Ford wants the points limit lowered! Or they refuse to run with guests! There is nothing this man won't do to try and manipulate the rule book to his way. Tell you what don't run with guests and forfeit your matches then. I'm sure if there was an issue with the Danish riders and Lynn were in difficulties with Iversen and Bjerre then Ford would be fine with that wouldn't he. Well unlucky. Play by the rules for a change

• Like 8

I know it's Poole and we love to take the mickey but this is getting ridiculous. With the election looming this wretched government are desperate to prove they've got their Doc Martens on where immigration is concerned because UKIP are about to ram it up their chuff sideways. Their answer, make life as difficult as possible for non EU folks wanting to ply their trade in this country. Unfortunately the perceived problem they wish they could address is coming from the EU which they can do diddly squat about whilst we are a member. Their answer, give the innocent a kicking.

Reknaws.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3