British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

If that really was the case then someone should be kicked out of the sport as that shouldn't happen.

I must be stupid thinking all equipment etc was correct.

Given that the police regularly fail to follow procedures - it is entirely possible that the FIM failed to correctly follow a procedure which is executed once every ten years.

Given that the police regularly fail to follow procedures - it is entirely possible that the FIM failed to correctly follow a procedure which is executed once every ten years.

And this is why i believe the FIM should check their equipment on a very regular basis have two certified FIM officials present during testing, and the GP's become an ALL TEST at every round.

• Like 1

The test that was performed says he was - durrr!

But if the calibration was wrong or the readings recorded incorrectly then that makes the test invalid................

I agree with what the others have said...............testing equipment should be checked regularly and ALL riders should be tested before each GP regardless of who they are or passed misdemeanours....................

How many riders have gotten away with it is what I think should be asked...................I am sure there are some who must have done...............

RP

Edited by Red Panda
  • Like 1

Not necessarily! It might or might not?!

If the test was carried out wrongly and/or the testing equipment was wrongly calibrated, then it may have shown the wrong reading, which may have prompted Darcy's comments on TV that he was 'only slightly over'!!!

Aah the memories:

"Brazil, 48, who lives near Hadleigh, Suffolk, had denied drink-driving. He claimed the breath-test machine at the station may not have been working properly."

They watched as he repeatedly used the breath-test machine at Bury St Edmunds police station.

After several attempts, it showed he was more than twice the drink-drive limit. Then Brazil said: "Jesus. I'm double.

"That's frightening. I can't believe it. I am double, I swear. Mind you, I was out last night." :D

dailyrecord.co.uk 24/8/08

Edited by Crump99

Don't know if this has been posted but a breath test needs to be taken more than once the first breath test needs backing up as only one is not legal. ie blood sample and a further breath test or both. Otherwise taking only one breath test can be argued as inconclusive.

What's legal got to do with it - this is not a test which falls under the law, merely one to evidence compliance with the rules of the sport. He's admitted he had a few the night before and initially accepted the verdict so for me whether it was Joe, Fred or Mary holding the tester is irrelevant - it's the reading which is relevant.

What's legal got to do with it - this is not a test which falls under the law, merely one to evidence compliance with the rules of the sport. He's admitted he had a few the night before and initially accepted the verdict so for me whether it was Joe, Fred or Mary holding the tester is irrelevant - it's the reading which is relevant.

the tester being one with official authority is important even if it is a technicality.

Look at it from the point of a race. Ward steams under another rider bringing them down.

The timekeeper presses his exclusion light button.

The decision may well be accurate and the correct equipment has been used but the action has been performed by someone without the correct authority so cant stand.

The same applies to a breath test. All hypothetical of course at this stage.

• Like 1

the tester being one with official authority is important even if it is a technicality.

Look at it from the point of a race. Ward steams under another rider bringing them down.

The timekeeper presses his exclusion light button.

The decision may well be accurate and the correct equipment has been used but the action has been performed by someone without the correct authority so cant stand.

The same applies to a breath test. All hypothetical of course at this stage.

Ahh, That's the reason we have seen many exclusions when thinking it was someone else's fault. It was the timekeeper who pressed the button......... :t:

Surely if the calibration was wrong then other tests would have produced false positives??

not necessarily. Ward was apparently just over after a drinking session the night before, so if the machine was reading just slightly too high that would have been the differ between pass and fail.

a rider who hadn't drunk the night before would likely still be well under - or even zero? - on the same machine.

Interesting reading General comments on here from other EL club supporters. Was Darcy on his own that night or did he have another GP rider with him?

spill the beans then - who was it??