British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

I'm astonished at the make up of this team so far.

To me, this is a team full of Midlo's drinking buddies. The professional Poles no longer fit in. If Darcy does return he'll have some great rider's to keep him on the straight and narrow won't he :drink::cheers::drink::rolleyes:

Interesting to see the line up this year.

Chris Holder wouldn't of been my first choice. I'd rather of had Magic than Chris. Chris seem's to have lost his racing edge after so many injuries and a new son to take care of. I'm not entirely convinced we will ever see the best of Chris again.

Dakota North is a risky signing. I will reserve comment for now.

Davey Watt was the biggest shock in my opinion. He's a solid guy and has put in some stunning performances for the Pirates in the past. He is a very experienced British league rider and he usually flourishes when riding on the Poole track. If he can find some form at home he could easily put another 2 onto his average. Could prove to be a very important rider for us this season.

Paul Starke is not a rider I have seen much of.

Kyle Newman, although pitted against other ftr riders last year, did appear to be looking the part. He is very confident and his commitment is solid. I would expect a similar year from him and hope he is looking to stamp his authority over other ftr riders.

I hope Darcy ward will recieve a grand prix ban and will be allowed to continue league racing. I do not think he deserves a more severe punishment and I can't imagine that if I were in his situation I would ever do something so stupid again. If not, I would like to see Magic back in his place.

I do not particuarly want Walasek back in the team. Although I appreciate he has been a good rider for Poole in the past and he has shown some good form on the continent, I am not convinced that he will be very commited to our side.

The only reason to get Walasek back would be so we can fit THJ in the team. If that were to happen i feel it would be better than Darcy and Heeps.

where are you hearing Heeps from??

Very odd signings by Poole.

And here were Swindon fans worrying that they could get stuck with Watt. Fear for Poole if they visit a wet track as there wasn't a track Davey liked last year and struggled against most 2nd strings.

Surprised watt & North got picked ahead of Shamak, Milik or Josh.

• Like 4

I don't buy the Davey Watt signing as a poor one. In fact I reckon it's a shrewd piece of work by the Pirates management. Watt is perfectly at home at Wimbourne Road. Lives locally, rides the track well and will be a competent number 3. No doubting he will put a point on his Lakeside average.

North I would bet on maintaining his average from last season.

• Like 1

THJ wouldn't be reassessed as he has rode in the UK for the majority of the last 5:seasons.

Walasek and THJ would make Poole title favorite's.

Rather strangely, I can see some sense in this post...

Walasek is open to a return to Poole whilst everyone knows it is unlikely that THJ will ride over here for a full season, so Poole will put him at No 2, he'll beat the FTD riders, increase his average substantially and then Poole will replace him...

• Like 1

Rather strangely, I can see some sense in this post...

Walasek is open to a return to Poole whilst everyone knows it is unlikely that THJ will ride over here for a full season, so Poole will put him at No 2, he'll beat the FTD riders, increase his average substantially and then Poole will replace him...

You've changed....