British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

Maybe we have our 3.00 rider and he will move into the top 5 which will mean we will have a new number 6?

If you are referring to Newman I wouldn't thought this would be aloud as he agreed to go on the FTR list.

I would say the most likely now is J.Holder and A.N.Other.

Poole have 11.97 left to play with which is still a fair bit.

Edited by tellboy

Any rider in the Elite league would easily have a average greater than 3. Even the likes of Compton, Johnson and Hopwood can attain that. so to access a descent rider that low has to be questioned. Every 2nd string in the Elite League last year averaged greater than 5.16. This wasn't because they were all good riders, but mainly due to the sub-quality they were racing against.

It about time the BSPA sorted out this ridiculous situation, When they start messing about with race formats, they have to alter the conversion rules and averages as well. It's all very well saying we need to forward young British talent into our league, but it has to be done the right way.

Last year Robert Lambert was allocated a 3, at the start of the year, as he was new rider in a new format. But even though he was one of the worst 2nd strings, and finished more of his races third or last, he still finished on a 5.32 CMA. showing that all riders should be accessed at least a 5............ Anything less would be a joke....

• Like 1

Any rider in the Elite league would easily have a average greater than 3. Even the likes of Compton, Johnson and Hopwood can attain that.

Really, you care to look at their averages last season when riding for us !!

Im not overly convinced with the poole team so far, north and watt in the engine room hmmmmm,cant see much improvement at all holder,watt,north and if ward is signed your only likely improvement will be darcy.Watt has been awful away from home for the last 2 seasons. Am struggling for any positives...

Maybe we have our 3.00 rider and he will move into the top 5 which will mean we will have a new number 6?

Mid season changes is definate, if it isn't bad enough having a rider who can't even beat Justin Sedgeman in the Aussie championships, we now have has been Watt, Matt Ford is on a saving money mission. Davey Watt will be awful.

The only reason i can come up with apart from financial for the inclusion of Davey Watt is because his average fits perfectly, if Darcy doesn't get a long ban then Cameron Heeps has to be the last rider who wouldn't be a bad signing in my opinion as he seems to be improving, if we can't have Darcy or Janowski we are up the creek.

Edited by foreverblue

Mid season changes is definate, if it isn't bad enough having a rider who can't even beat Justin Sedgeman in the Aussie championships, we now have has been Watt, Matt Ford is on a saving money mission. Davey Watt will be awful.

The only reason i can come up with apart from financial for the inclusion of Davey Watt is because his average fits perfectly, if Darcy doesn't get a long ban then Cameron Heeps has to be the last rider who wouldn't be a bad signing in my opinion as he seems to be improving, if we can't have Darcy or Janowski we are up the creek.

Bloody hell you'll still win the league regardless of what riders you have & I'll have a bet with you on that?.

Bloody hell you'll still win the league regardless of what riders you have & I'll have a bet with you on that?.

Not this year CR, look no further than M18 7BA ;) :lol:

Before i get bashed by the usual blue tint police usually Poole build a solid side.

However this team looks very weak

North and Watt are shocking signings.

Holder will do his job

Ward hopefully will get the ban he deserves but im sure he will be back mid season as this team will need changes.

Newman will not get it all his own way as the FTD riders are stronger this year, by that i mean better number 7's

For once Poole look to have got it badly wrong

Chris & Darcy always a solid top 2. Chris is consistent, Darcy, a little over exuberent on some of his riding moves which can & have backfired on him sometimes, nevertheless, a powerful top 2.

Davey always performs better at Poole as I beleive his heart is there & will want to add another League title for himself. But please lets not have him in heat 13!!!!

Dakota, a nice middle order rider but I would have preferred Milik any day. Can't understand why Matt chose him over Vaclav.

A 3 pointer at 5. Well, anyone would do I suppose as you can always have Kyle Newman take his other ride. Brady Kurtz would fit the bill, average permitting. And I like the thought of him in the team anyway.

If Kyle performs as last season then our reserves, with Paul Starke will be a treat. Kyle will improve even with a tinkering of heat changes. He has good EL experience now & wish him well, and I think Starkey will back him up all the way.

So there you have CheekyBoys prediction for the new season. Top 3 for Pirates next year with Coventry & Kings' lynn filling the other spots. Leicester bottom again, or Wolves. :drink:

you seem quite sure Darcy will be riding in March.

He shouldnt be

Not with this team we won't, may still win but there will have to be mid season changes

Dak will be gone if his average drops before getting a new average but Davey will be fine at no 3.

The best combination of reserves & Darcy or Magic leaves another strong team for me.

Can't see how people think otherwise.

• Like 1

Dak will be gone if his average drops before getting a new average but Davey will be fine at no 3.

The best combination of reserves & Darcy or Magic leaves another strong team for me.

i agree but i would hazard a guess that neither Darcy or Magic will line up for Poole in March

I suppose with Dak at second string he should at least maintain his average but i would rather have had milik and Pawlicki than Davey and Dak but they are probably cheaper and we can do mid season changes for more expensive options.

• Like 1

Before i get bashed by the usual blue tint police usually Poole build a solid side.

However this team looks very weak

North and Watt are shocking signings.

Holder will do his job

Ward hopefully will get the ban he deserves but im sure he will be back mid season as this team will need changes.

Newman will not get it all his own way as the FTD riders are stronger this year, by that i mean better number 7's

For once Poole look to have got it badly wrong

you seem quite sure Darcy will be riding in March.

He shouldnt be

Agree.....Two very poor signings, when Millik is available on a lower average than both of them.

Looks like I will be finding something different to do on Wednesday nights in 2015!!!!

Agree.....Two very poor signings, when Millik is available on a lower average than both of them.

Looks like I will be finding something different to do on Wednesday nights in 2015!!!!

Call yourself a Poole fan i bet you will be back later on in the season when the ringers turn up.