British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

Heard that Darcy might be looking at other types of motor sport if he has to sit out speedway.

Other types of motorsport not governed by FIM!! :wink:

They're foreign, not completely stupid.

Newman is no stranger to racing in Europe - he has regularly raced in a number of open individual meetings so is bound to have been 'noticed'!! Not sure that Cook or others have done the same?

• Like 1

Other types of motorsport not governed by FIM!! :wink:

Newman is no stranger to racing in Europe - he has regularly raced in a number of open individual meetings so is bound to have been 'noticed'!! Not sure that Cook or others have done the same?

Have no idea how it works Skidder but only saying what I was told & if that means he can't then he must have something else lined up.

And is doing very well out in Australia at the moment................you know what though............I don't have blue tinted glasses as some seem to think............Kyle Newman is in my opinion the best British prospect for a long time...............but that is my opinion...........I respect other peoples opinions.........its a shame that some people see fit to criticise mine...............(not you Skidder1 but others on this thread........)

RP

Brady kurtz cant double up unless he has dual nationality, which he may have but he is still australian. Dont see the point of using Dakota North when there are better riders on a similar average

Pretty sure Brady Kurtz has a British passport. His average was meant to be 3.00 last year but he rode a few meetings in Denmark resulting in the BSPA increasing to 5.00. So Id imagine he'll be able to double up.

• Like 1

The visa issues (and therefore the assessed averages) are affecting non-EU riders. If anyone has a British Passport then they are not affected by any UKBA imposed assessment!!

Incidentally I gather there is some progress on some of the visa issues!!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

And is doing very well out in Australia at the moment................you know what though............I don't have blue tinted glasses as some seem to think............Kyle Newman is in my opinion the best British prospect for a long time...............but that is my opinion...........I respect other peoples opinions.........its a shame that some people see fit to criticise mine...............(not you Skidder1 but others on this thread........)

RP

If Kyle newman is the best prospect in british speedway! Darcy Ward didn't get pished the night before the GP!

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

And is doing very well out in Australia at the moment................you know what though............I don't have blue tinted glasses as some seem to think............Kyle Newman is in my opinion the best British prospect for a long time...............but that is my opinion........

RP

And my opinion to. but he will have to improve his equipment in Poland, which im sure he will do.. But then again, everybody is entitled to an opinion, except me and you, apparantly..

Hillarious. Kyle Newman the 23 year old EL reserve, in fact he ride in reserve in the PL this season is our greatest prospect? To put it into perspective at 23 Emil and Ward were winning GPs.

Lewis Bridger is only 2 years older and already an EL heatleader. So he's a far greater prospect than Newman.

And Lambert is still only 16, so has 6 years before he's Newman age and he's already better!

I like Kyle, have done for years, happen to think he's a decent little rider but greatest prospect? Please.

Edited by SCB

Hillarious. Kyle Newman the 23 year old EL reserve, in fact he ride in reserve in the PL this season is our greatest prospect? To put it into perspective at 23 Emil and Ward were winning GPs.

Lewis Bridger is only 2 years older and already an EL heatleader. So he's a far greater prospect than Newman.

And Lambert is still only 16, so has 6 years before he's Newman age and he's already better!

I like Kyle, have done for years, happen to think he's a decent little rider but greatest prospect? Please.

If you've liked Kyle for years as you state, which i doubt, you will clearly know he's spent the last 2-3 years primerily on the sidelines injured, and its only in the last season that he's had a clear run.. save for mechanical issues earlier during last season But if you've liked him for years you will know that..

According To Darcy ward he fears a big change in 2015 so he must think he will get a lengthy ban.

Seems a waste challenging the `evidence` if that proves correct.

RP

We all get its your opinion.

Do you get that no one else would believe that for one second?

If you've liked Kyle for years as you state, which i doubt, you will clearly know he's spent the last 2-3 years primerily on the sidelines injured, and its only in the last season that he's had a clear run.. save for mechanical issues earlier during last season But if you've liked him for years you will know that..

More Poole re-writing of history. What seasons was it Kyle spent on the side lines injured? He has had injuries yes but not 2-3 seasons worth. And that aside, he's still not better than Lambert. I have no issue with you saying you rate him, you think he'll be good but be realistic. Kyle will, IMO, make a nice, solid EL rider one day - I don't think he's got GPs in him, I don't think he's really got EL heatleader in him (mind you, who knows what format the EL will have in the next few seasons) but he'll still be a decent EL rider. Kyle is more of a steady plodding rider who I'd sign without a seconds through, EL or PL.

As for me being a Newman fan, some quotes from back in 2010....

Kyle Newman was great, I love watching him ride biggrin.gif

Been saying for 2 years now Kyle Newman is a great little rider. Not only can he score points but he does it in such a great way. So pleased to see him scoring these kind of points smile.gif

More great stuff from Kyle Newman. The lads is so under rated.

You don't need to agree with it - it's called dual nationality!

I know what it's called! the only reason for dual nationality in this case is to get round a rule just like Morris did.

I like Kyle and he was fantastic last season but to say he has spent 2-3 years primarily,on the sidelines injured in untrue, he may be a late developer but to say he is the best young rider we have is obviously also untrue.

Prior to riding as a Fast Track reserve, he rode for Poole and Matt Ford sacked him not because of injury but because he wasn't good enough, ok his is better now but he is not our best prospect, Lambert is.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2