British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

I don't think it's just the Darcy saga. Ford had already said that no teams can speak to his assets until he says so. Maybe he's holding riders to ransom for wanting to be elsewhere and just properly pulling the strings.

But that does not stop the riders talking to riders at other clubs !

May be he is waiting on the outcome of what happens with Darcy but not only that he probably will announce the whole team in one hit rather than one at a time...............would make sense really.................

Or is it a red herring to lull everyone into a false sense of security....................

RP

I think it was a dead cert this would happen so it would appear Ford things Darcy is above everyone else pathetic

Pathetic from MF and Co if this is the case.

Seems like Ward really can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

The fans deserve better.

• Like 2

No signings til January apparently. Looks like we are waiting for Darcy then!

That's not exactly what Matt said this evening. He said that the team wouldn't be announced by Christmas, which is what he usually tries to do! Darcy has been told - and accepts - that Matt may not wait til the FIM get their finger out!!

Some of the other issues are:-

Chris Holder has some visa/work permit issues apparently?!

No place for Eddie Kennett.

Magic still not decided whether he wants to do EL in 2015.

Adrian Miedzinski wants to do a full EL season and Matt has advised Swindon as he's their asset!! :wink:

There could still be further news on the shared number 1 situation when the BSPA meet again in January - if any teams (not Poole) are struggling to sign a number 1.

Edited by Skidder1

That's not exactly what Matt said this evening. He said that the team wouldn't be announced by Christmas, which is what he usually tries to do! Darcy has been told - and accepts - that Matt may not wait til the FIM get their finger out!!

Adrian Miedzinski wants to do a full EL season and Matt has advised Swindon as he's their asset!! :wink:

There could still be further news on the shared number 1 situation when the BSPA meet again in January - if any teams (not Poole) are struggling to sign a number 1.

Well when it's put on Twitter that 'no signings til Jan' it's easy to think it's linked to Darcy with his hearing in the same month!!

Cheers for the info though :)

• Like 1

Pathetic from MF and Co if this is the case.

Seems like Ward really can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

The fans deserve better.

Why's it pathetic. Matt clearly wants to put out the best side posible. And if that includes, Darcy, so be it.

Doesnt look like anything will be resolved anytime soon!

Matt Ford is virtually doing the same as what Cradley Heath were doing before they closed by doing everything he can for his two prise assets inHHolder and Ward.

Cradley of course did everything around Hancock and Hamill but Poole have better crowds and infrastructure, but the ones that suffer are the middle order riders.

Now it looks like they are willing to wait to see the outcome of the Darcy Ward case and make the likes of Gracjzoneck and Milik to sit and wait while other tracks are filling their team places.

It remains to be seen if some teams will even get close to the limit and should a rider like Ward became available it would help others.

May be he is waiting on the outcome of what happens with Darcy but not only that he probably will announce the whole team in one hit rather than one at a time...............would make sense really.................

Or is it a red herring to lull everyone into a false sense of security....................

RP

I think that's a false sense of insecurity! :wink:

• Like 1

Why's it pathetic. Matt clearly wants to put out the best side posible. And if that includes, Darcy, so be it.

you keep telling yourself that Poole fans want Ward when clearly they don't. Holder wants to ride over here and Magic maybe to. What would happen if Poole wait till January and sign Ward and then Holder finds himself without a club! If I was Holder I would go sign elsewhere.

you keep telling yourself that Poole fans want Ward when clearly they don't. Holder wants to ride over here and Magic maybe to. What would happen if Poole wait till January and sign Ward and then Holder finds himself without a club! If I was Holder I would go sign elsewhere.

Magic highly unlikely to be back and the main thing is they are looking at Ward and Holder so if it's a no go for Darcy they will still have Holder signed up.

May I just take this opportunity to wish Kyle Newman a good injury-free season in 2015 - as Plymouth have just signed Ryan Fisher!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::sad:

Can he be a geniune top five rider in the El? i hope so he made real progress.Newman,Auty,Howarth,Garrity, those four for me have to do it they all can i really hope they all do it in time.