British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

He would be reassessed at 8 points as a GP rider!!!

As he should. He should get the same re-grading as AJ should. He has ridden the odd meeting or 2 in the past few seasons when its suits him so clearly qualifies for a re-grading.

Plus no one would take a chance on THJ on an assessed 8. He simply isn't good enough. :t:

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

As he should. He should get the same re-grading as AJ should. He has ridden the odd meeting or 2 in the past few seasons when its suits him so clearly qualifies for a re-grading.

Plus no one would take a chance on THJ on an assessed 8. He simply isn't good enough. :t:

How do you rate Freddie Lindgren's chances in the GP series next year?

I'm willing to bet £100 that THJ finishes above him, what about it Steve?

Poole Co-Promoter Gordon Pairman elected to the SCB in place of BSPA Vice Chair, Chris Van Stratten! :t::party:

Shock of all shocks. I don't get why they had to announce CVS first and go along with that for a week. We all knew this last week! I even posted as much on here but amazingly my post seems to have gone :o it might have even been in a discussion with you, someone said Matt Ford and I said not quite but someone quite close.

Shock of all shocks. I don't get why they had to announce CVS first and go along with that for a week. We all knew this last week! I even posted as much on here but amazingly my post seems to have gone :o it might have even been in a discussion with you, someone said Matt Ford and I said not quite but someone quite close.

Ahem, no you didn't you said something about someone not a million miles away would be appointed to the management committee. Quite a different thing. I wonder why Pairman's appointment was missed from the BSPA's press release, much of which was attributed to CVS 😄

Ahem, no you didn't you said something about someone not a million miles away would be appointed to the management committee. Quite a different thing. I wonder why Pairman's appointment was missed from the BSPA's press release, much of which was attributed to CVS

It would be up to the Speedway Control Bureau to confirm the announcement - not the BSPA!! :wink::o

But SCB(the poster) was almost correct. Not everyone knew about it, but quite a few did!! :wink:

Ahem, no you didn't you said something about someone not a million miles away would be appointed to the management committee. Quite a different thing. I wonder why Pairman's appointment was missed from the BSPA's press release, much of which was attributed to CVS

To most people, "not a million miles away" means "quite close". Point is, I knew last week it was Pairman, so did others. Assumed there had been a change when CVS was announced.

Edited by SCB

To most people, "not a million miles away" means "quite close". Point is, I knew last week it was Pairman, so did others. Assumed there had been a change when CVS was announced.

No, the point is that your prediction was relating to who would take Jon Cook's position on the Management Comittee. I think most of us guessed that your "not a million miles away" meant Pairman. And, quite simply, you were wrong.

Your post hasn't disappeared - it's in BSPA meeting thread on 15 November. On the discussion about the Vice Chairman's job, Skidder 1 said "From a mischievous point of view, I would love it if Matt Ford were to be voted in as Vice Chair again - if only to watch this forum go into meltdown !!!" and you replied "it won't be Matt but someone not a million miles away, surely?"

You then tried to cover up your error by saying:

Shock of all shocks. I don't get why they had to announce CVS first and go along with that for a week. We all knew this last week! I even posted as much on here but amazingly my post seems to have gone :o it might have even been in a discussion with you, someone said Matt Ford and I said not quite but someone quite close

It doesn't matter when you found out about Pairman going onto SCB - I don't suppose it was meant to be a big secret - the point is that, on 15 November, before any of the appointments had been released, you predicted he would be on MC and he's not.