British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

Don't think it was a serious suggestion, why would we want him when we have so many better options on improving riders not has beens.

Youch harsh comment for a rider who has been so loyal to Poole in the past.Fair post if the last 3 words had been left out.

• Like 2

Watt is past his prime so there is no point in lying just because he has been loyal to Poole, he has been a great servant for Poole no one is saying he hasn't we all truly thank him for that but we have far better options out there on the books.

Like i said fair comment its the has been comment i thought was a bit harsh.

• Like 3

Youch harsh comment for a rider who has been so loyal to Poole in the past.Fair post if the last 3 words had been left out.

Most riders are loyal to their back pocket, Watty is not one of them and always has had poole in his heart, he still lives there during their season but when you are building a team you need improving riders and unfortunately Davey is well past his improving days.

• Like 1

I would agree Watt is loyal to Poole and not his back pocket, only got to look at Hans Anderssen a prime example of back pocket rider every new club he goes to when interviewed is 'I have always wanted to ride for this club' bloke is so full of pony.

Hans wants to do well for the club that pays him just like any speedway rider & that is the sensible way to look at it.

Why be like riders who pine for the club who doesn't want them anymore although they were treated great whilst there.

Time moves on & so do speedway riders & it's only the fans that remain loyal.

I would agree Watt is loyal to Poole and not his back pocket, only got to look at Hans Anderssen a prime example of back pocket rider every new club he goes to when interviewed is 'I have always wanted to ride for this club' bloke is so full of pony.

TBF to Hans hes been ripped of and screwed over so many times you can hardly blame him. Hes had a rubbish deal out of British Speedway but keeps coming back. Loyalty is a two way thing.

TBF to Hans hes been ripped of and screwed over so many times you can hardly blame him. Hes had a rubbish deal out of British Speedway but keeps coming back. Loyalty is a two way thing.

Well said & maybe some other people would accept this before posting.

Edited by Crazy robin

I agree . Hans is not the rider he once was and I know some people including at least one sponsor have issues with him but his attitude is more professional than most and he is good with the fans. The sport would be all the better for more like him.

• Like 2

Most riders are loyal to their back pocket, Watty is not one of them and always has had poole in his heart, he still lives there during their season but when you are building a team you need improving riders and unfortunately Davey is well past his improving days.

Watt put on Twitter the other day that he would be interested in a PL place with a view to doubling up, clearly a sign that even he knows his best days are behind him now.

A far better worded post covering the same subject as your first post.If Watty reads this post he may well agree with you where as your first post may have hurt a little.

Watt put on Twitter the other day that he would be interested in a PL place with a view to doubling up, clearly a sign that even he knows his best days are behind him now.

Or maybe it's just a sign he's had enough of not being paid in Poland.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

The Tatum and Pearson Show comes to Poole on Thursday 19th February (and then to Somerset on Friday 20th) - Admission £6 - for an 'Evening of topical debate, stories and laughter in their own unique style'!! :t:

You mean they will be removing their lips from Nutter Pedersens backside for a whole evening???!!!!!!

The Tatum and Pearson Show comes to Poole on Thursday 19th February (and then to Somerset on Friday 20th) - Admission £6 - for an 'Evening of topical debate, stories and laughter in their own unique style'!! :t:

Sound's like a good laugh to me! :D

Some quotes from Kelvin that I expect to hear on the night:

"Thank's Nige!"

"A classy rider"

"A classy ride"

"A big 5-1"