British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

Why is it that some people categorise others just by the opinions they post. I can assure you I'm not bitter.

As a seasoned supporter, who has seen the sport plummet from one crisis to another, this is just another example of short-sightedness, that will do nothing in the long term of the sport. Everyone wonders why the sport has lost its appeal , when all the powers do is take away the continuation of everything.

In the above post, You relate to last year, when FTR were introduced. Lynn had their OWN riders and picked both Kerr and Rose as their choice. The ratings of them were Kerr at 1 and Rose at 20 so it was deemed as fair. Where these ratings come from who knows, they appeared from people opinions. But both these riders lived local to Kings Lynn and enjoyed lots of local support. They had been part of the Lynn set-up, so it was only a logically they should both continue at Lynn.

Surely, if it was seen that Lynn had and advantage last year, why didn't other clubs take that on board and acquire their own youngsters. Why didn't they train and educate their own emerging talent like Lynn do, instead of holding their hand out ......

This is not a moan at Swindon, merely an opinion of the state of the game about the implication of BSPA rules. Rose, based at Spalding, would have encouraged quite a few fans to go and watch him ride at the Norfolk Arena. All these, or most of these fans will now be lost to the sport, as I can't imagine many will travel 180 mile to continue their support for him, when they use to go the 15mile down the road...

So to put the record straight, I am not bitter, I am not sad, just abit disappointed about the state of the game.... and the continued demise of the sport I've loved for many years. On a personal level, am really looking forward to the coming season, as I always do, and will no doubt enjoy ALL the meeting I watch.

Whether we WIN, Lose or Draw,,, that's not important.........What is important, is that it is done correctly.......

Why is this on a Poole thread?? But as it is, I would like to agree with part of your 2nd sentence about 'continuation'!

Why couldn't the powers that be have a points limit allowing all teams to retain their previous year's 1-7 if they so wish? (especially as the 2015 limit only directly affects Poole in that context!!) :wink::shock:

Edited by Skidder1

Magic & kacper Gomolski for the final two I reckon, Kacper tweeted he's back riding in the UK & I believe his average will fit with Magic's, I'm sure someone will tell me otherwise if not.

Correct!

Unless Gomolski is going to Leicester and MF surprises everyone with Walasek and THJ?! :shock::wink:

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/3968/fim-statement-regarding-darcy-ward

Thursday 26th February 2015, 14:23

On 17 August 2014, Mr Darcy Ward underwent an alcohol test at the round of the 2014 FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship held in Daugavpils, Latvia. The test was positive for a level above the threshold specified in the FIM Anti-Doping Code (P.1 Alcohol).

On 28 August 2014, the FIM provisionally suspended Mr Ward pending the CDI’s decision adjudicating on the merits of the case. Since then, Mr Ward has been provisionally barred from participating in any competition. The case was referred to the CDI and Mr Lars Nilsson of Sweden was appointed by the Director of the International Commission of Judges (CJI) as CDI Single Judge to hear the case. On 19 September 2014, a Request made by the Rider on 3 September 2014 for the lifting of his provisional suspension was denied by the CDI.

Mr Ward was heard by the CDI during a Hearing held in a hotel situated near the headquarters of the FIM on 30 January 2015.

The CDI has now issued the operative part of its decision in advance of the reasons at the special request of Mr Ward. The CDI found that Mr Ward committed an anti-doping rule violation under the 2014 FIM Anti-Doping Code.

The CDI ruled that Mr Ward is sanctioned with a period of ineligibility of ten (10) months commencing on the date of the decision, 25 February 2015, and that the period of the provisional suspension already served by Mr Ward shall be credited against the period of the sanction.

Consequently, the period of ineligibility imposed on Mr Ward will end on 27 June 2015 at midnight.

Moreover, the CDI ruled that the results obtained by Mr Ward in all the Competitions in which he participated subsequent to the positive test, from 17 August 2014 until 27 August 2014, are cancelled, with all resulting consequences, including forfeiture of any points and prizes.

An appeal against the decision of the CDI may be lodged by the parties before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne (Switzerland) within 21 days of the date of receipt of the full reasoned CDI decision.

Edited by Pirate Oliver