British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

I'm not sure who suggested that Poole would complete their team this week? obviously time is running out fast for Darcy to be included, I would expect the final 2 signings to be announced in the next 7 days to coincide with team declaration required for the BSPA.

The FIM seem to be making sure that Ward is punished by just dragging the matter on so long that he's forced to miss the UK season - the sands of time have run out for him. Makes it all the more likely his alcohol test will be deemed to have been conducted in an unsatisfactory way, but as he did break the rules, he deserves some punishment. More than one way of skinning a cat!!

The FIM seem to be making sure that Ward is punished by just dragging the matter on so long that he's forced to miss the UK season - the sands of time have run out for him. Makes it all the more likely his alcohol test will be deemed to have been conducted in an unsatisfactory way, but as he did break the rules, he deserves some punishment. More than one way of skinning a cat!!

No they are not dragging anything our at all but sticking to the way they've done things for several years.

The rules don't get changed just to be convenient to Darcy Ward so why do people keep dragging it up??.

Would Hancock fit in on a short contract til Darcy is allowed to race perhaps?

He would, but we need two riders, and we have just shy of 12 pts to play with. Darcy 8.70 Greg 8.77.

Edited by Starman2006

Plus Darcy wouldnt get a visa.

Er, i think we are talking without Darcy For the short term. IF he's given the all clear to ride Giving him time to apply for a visa..

Edited by Starman2006

Yet more whining from Middlo in the tabloids today "I don't understand why an alcohol test is taking so long".

Yes you do Middlo so stop bleating all the time!!!!

Clearly you know, so why don't you tell him..

The whole world & it's wife knows the reasons & going for the sympathy vote won't rush the FIM either!.

Predictably you didn't answer my question.

why dont you tell him?? Instead of constantly licking arse and name dropping like a 12 year old??

Because i asked Crazy Robin to tell him, as he appears to know, is that ok ??

Because i asked Crazy Robin to tell him, as he appears to know, is that ok ??

you scared of him like?? You scared to tell it as it is?? You scared to be level headed and un bias??, you're a man arnt you?? Act like one, or at least pretend now and then starry, you post like a 60 year old virgin transfixed by a cult :)
  • Like 2

you scared of him like?? You scared to tell it as it is?? You scared to be level headed and un bias??, you're a man arnt you?? Act like one, or at least pretend now and then starry, you post like a 60 year old virgin transfixed by a cult :)

What the hell are you talking about. Crazy Robin stated that Neil was still moaning why the test was taking so long, so i told him to tell him why, as he appears to know. Im telling it as it is. If crazy robin has a problem with Neil moaning about the length of time its taking to produce a result then he should tell him himself, as he appears to have all the answers. But as he's buggered off clearly he doesn't have the answers, just typing for the sake of typing. Funny that, init.. ;) Hope that helps.

Edited by Starman2006

What the hell are you talking about. Crazy Robin stated that Neil was still moaning why the test was taking so long, so i told him to tell him why, as he appears to know. Im telling it as it is. If crazy robin has a problem with Neil moaning about the length of time its taking to produce a result then he should tell him himself, as he appears to have all the answers. But as he's buggered off clearly he doesn't have the answers, just typing for the sake of typing. Funny that, init.. ;) Hope that helps.

give middlo a ring and tell him seen as your his pal.... Tell him i said to stop whinging like a tart aswell.... Cheers me old mucka :) Edited by Arson fire

Oh grow up as I did answer your question that everybody knows why it's taking so long as it's the FIM way of protocol to these things in the sport.

Hope that answers yet another immature post by you yet again.

• Like 2

GRW123 what rule will be broken if Poole sign Gomolski i await your reply

Absolutley no rule broken at all and while some may claim to think Matt Ford gets the rules put in place to suit Poole but the harsh reality is that he does his homework and will look at every statistic available to help build a title contending team year after year.

At Cradley Heath, Colin Pratt did the same and not only knew every rule and every average but also how to get them to work in the best interests of the club to gain success. Matt Ford is doing the same and if he gets Gomolski on a sub four point average then well done.

I will add though that if a rider has clearly improved in the time he has been away then there should be a rule to say a rider will be reassessed if they have reached a clear higher level and finishing on the rostrum in the World U21's clearly shows Gomolski has done just that.

I understand that Matt is trying to sign a Polish rider D. Wardski.

Has some very good mechanics at his side in Carl S Berg and Jack Daniels

For Lambert, it was a steeper curve. No, he didn't perform as I thought he might, but he battled well and hopefully this year, he will bear more fruit ..

But when looking at all the second strings in the Elite League last year, they all achieved an average of 5. It would be fool hardy of the BSPA to not take this on board when looking at riders averages, but as we have seen many times before, they're not the quickest when it comes to making decisions............

For me on the occasions I saw Lambert ride he was very impressive and to achieve an average over five was quite an achievement for such a young rider. However as you point out, under the current format second strings can easily score points due to easier rides and that only proves that there should be (but isn't) a rule that any returning rider after missing a season could have his average reassessed.

Would Hancock fit in on a short contract til Darcy is allowed to race perhaps?

The only way it would be allowed is if Greg Hancock was declared in the starting 1-7 and if Darcy is allowed to return, hope that Greg's average hasn't dropped below Darcy's 8.70.If his average has gone below Darcy's, the team would have to be rebuilt to the 34 points limit and if Gomolski is on 5+ then it would be big changes needed just to fit in boy wonder.

Overall they have Chris Holder sorted. A former World Champion and GP Star and could have Maciej Janowski also in the GP's in the line up. That is the sort of team you want to promote and advertise and frankly a year out or away from Poole would do both club and Darcy a world of good in the long run.

Sign Magic and Gomolski and Poole will be the strongest line up of the eight ..... What more could they want ?

Edited by T.N.T.

Oh grow up as I did answer your question that everybody knows why it's taking so long as it's the FIM way of protocol to these things in the sport.

Hope that answers yet another immature post by you yet again.

No it doesn't answer my question, and i don't think you know either.. Protocol, 6 months to produce the result of a simple blood test that can be produced and turned around overnight if need be. Take it send it an recieve the result what have they done, stuck it in a fridge for 6 months ?. Now, before the usual suspect/s jump all over me, Darcy has still made a rod for his own back, and put himself in this stupid position, but, there is no way in a million years it should take nothing like as long as it has. IMO the FIM are dragging their feet, and although yes i say again for the Focally challenged, Darcy has made a rod for his own back, but he should have known where he stands months ago. IF, Darcy loses his livelyhood due to the FIM's inabillity, to produce a written statement outlining all the results, or the procedure was not performed correctly from the get go then the FIM deserve to take one hell of a rap.

No it doesn't answer my question, and i don't think you know either.. Protocol, 6 months to produce the result of a simple blood test that can be produced and turned around overnight if need be. Take it send it an recieve the result what have they done, stuck it in a fridge for 6 months ?. Now, before the usual suspect/s jump all over me, Darcy has still made a rod for his own back, and put himself in this stupid position, but, there is no way in a million years it should take nothing like as long as it has. IMO the FIM are dragging their feet, and although yes i say again for the Focally challenged, Darcy has made a rod for his own back, but he should have known where he stands months ago. IF, Darcy loses his livelyhood due to the FIM's inabillity, to produce a written statement outlining all the results, or the procedure was not performed correctly from the get go then the FIM deserve to take one hell of a rap.

You were doing so well until the last sentence. Take a step back from the situation and you will see that he provided a specimen which warranted the action taken, Regsrdless of all the posturing by Darcy's legal team that fact is indisputable. Given that situation, the impact on his livelihood is all his own doing.

However, I do agree with you that it should have been dealt with by now and the FIM should look at this because it has been far too long!

Edited by Steve0