British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

GRW123 what rule will be broken if Poole sign Gomolski i await your reply

Who's on about rules being broken !!! Matt Ford adjusts the rules to suit.......

As for the above question, no doubt his average will be, or given , an out of date assessment........

Bearing in mind the new race format, when everyone scores at least 5, anything below that will be an injustice.......

Who's on about rules being broken !!! Matt Ford adjusts the rules to suit.......

As for the above question, no doubt his average will be, or given , an out of date assessment........

Bearing in mind the new race format, when everyone scores at least 5, anything below that will be an injustice.......

Funny how non Poole fans think that.............he just uses the rules to the best of his advantage the same as any good promoter does...............

RP

Any chance you could direct me to your posts from last year, when you presumably felt similar injustice at Kings Lynn for using Lambert and Porsing on sub five point averages, when it was plain to everyone second strings would fill their boots?

• Like 3

GRW123 Thats a new one that Ford sits in all positions on the BSPA board .Does not say mutch for the rest of the Promotors if all his requests are approved as you say this happens

You have to give GRW a bit of slack - now that the heat formula is out and he's checked that Buster is in a positive frame of mind, his attention has to be turned elsewhere!! :D

• Like 1

Any chance you could direct me to your posts from last year, when you presumably felt similar injustice at Kings Lynn for using Lambert and Porsing on sub five point averages, when it was plain to everyone second strings would fill their boots?

Hi there.......

Last year, if you remember, all the teams were assembled prior to any knowledge of the new Race format. and both Lambert and Porsing were included into the Stars team, using a trusted method of the years previous averages, as was each of the other teams . When the new format was announced it was a surprise to everyone.

Yes I will agree I thought both them riders would perform better than they actually did, but unfortunately it was a steep learning curve..

Porsing did quite well, but stuttered mid season with engine issues, once they were sorted, he was back to the rider we thought he would be....

For Lambert, it was a steeper curve. No, he didn't perform as I thought he might, but he battled well and hopefully this year, he will bear more fruit ..

But when looking at all the second strings in the Elite League last year, they all achieved an average of 5. It would be fool hardy of the BSPA to not take this on board when looking at riders averages, but as we have seen many times before, they're not the quickest when it comes to making decisions............

But we all know Matt Ford will bring in a 'Ringer' on a fictitious average.

That's the way it's always been done........

I don't know why your complaining.On paper you should piss the league...

I don't know why your complaining.On paper you should piss the league...

No. No, Not complaining, merely passing an opinion.

Hi there.......

Last year, if you remember, all the teams were assembled prior to any knowledge of the new Race format. and both Lambert and Porsing were included into the Stars team, using a trusted method of the years previous averages, as was each of the other teams . When the new format was announced it was a surprise to everyone.

Yes I will agree I thought both them riders would perform better than they actually did, but unfortunately it was a steep learning curve..

Porsing did quite well, but stuttered mid season with engine issues, once they were sorted, he was back to the rider we thought he would be....

For Lambert, it was a steeper curve. No, he didn't perform as I thought he might, but he battled well and hopefully this year, he will bear more fruit ..

But when looking at all the second strings in the Elite League last year, they all achieved an average of 5. It would be fool hardy of the BSPA to not take this on board when looking at riders averages, but as we have seen many times before, they're not the quickest when it comes to making decisions............

The race format may not have been made public, but right from the outset of the FTDR scheme it was made known that riders from it would be racing against each other and the second strings. Most people seemed to agree that it meant numbers two and four would vastly inflate their averages. Lynn obviously saw this too, as they included two riders on low averages to give more strength at heat leader. Nothing wrong with that as Porsing had achieved his average and Lambert, although clearly better than his, hadn't appeared in the PL (besides, if you're going to under-assess anyone, better someone who's British).

Now KL have no-one under a five average, you're suggesting that not re-assessing averages achieved prior to 2014, would be an injustice. Everyone knew what would happen last season so it's a bit cheeky, especially when you consider the fast track is far stronger with riders like Auty and Wright, as well as some top tier riders from last year now appearing in the second level. I fully agree with Bagpuss (edit: Gordon Bennett, sorry) though, that averages for new riders brought into the EL need to be 5+.

Edited by Nellie

Like we should of done last season but, when it comes to winning the top league title there seems to be a massive jinx over us.

Could have gone either way in the semi 2nd leg .. The weather made it a great leveller.