British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

How can they have not made a decision on darcy yet, this is ridiculous, if it was a moto gp rider it would have been done ages ago and the rider would know where he stands. Whats the delay for?

Not so mate. I know of a WSB rider who had this length of wait about 6 or 7 years ago so don't bleat. The difference is it is team sport so preventing (or not) Ford completing his team.

• Like 2

Not so mate. I know of a WSB rider who had this length of wait about 6 or 7 years ago so don't bleat.

Care to name him ?

IT wasn't the FIM delaying the hearing though, it was Ward

Ah so you are saying that those rumours of there being something wrong with the testing are true then and not just made up by the pro-Ward camp?! :wink:

(BTW mdmc82, I only had you at 'evens' to be the first to respond - there were a few others who I had as 'odds-on'!!) :D

Aww poor Ward such a victim in all this lets all bow down to him and treat him as the hero he thinks he is.

Very few - if any - Poole fans are saying he's a hero. He is a victim of his own actions and should be punished appropriately for the alleged offence as I've said from the beginning!

Those that are now showing some support for Ward's situation are doing so because of the length of time the decision is taking! (Not just Poole fans either!)

Rightly or wrongly, if its within the current FIM rules and regs to take this amount of time, then I hope that any pressure brought to bear on the FIM by any of its member organisations to speed up future deliberations, will have some beneficial effect - not just for speedway but for all motorcycle sports!!

• Like 1

Ah so you are saying that those rumours of there being something wrong with the testing are true then and not just made up by the pro-Ward camp?! :wink:

(BTW mdmc82, I only had you at 'evens' to be the first to

Very few - if any - Poole fans are saying he's a hero. He is a victim of his own actions and should be punished appropriately for the alleged offence as I've said from the beginning!

No that's not what I have said. What I am saying is that Ward has not pleaded guilty and is trying to find different things to dispute which means it is taking longer.

Guess we should all know by March 16th.

Sadly whatever the outcome, I don't think this will be last time we see Ward in trouble.

• Like 2

(BTW mdmc82, I only had you at 'evens' to be the first to

No that's not what I have said. What I am saying is that Ward has not pleaded guilty and is trying to find different things to dispute which means it is taking longer.

Guess we should all know by March 16th.

Sadly whatever the outcome, I don't think this will be last time we see Ward in trouble.

You may well be right with your last sentence - I hope not! Darcy is now in a steady relationship with a young lady and seems to have settled down a lot, but we will have to wait and see. If the FIM decision does not come through until March 16th then Poole will not wait that long imo, (may have some news on that later!!) :wink:. However, as has been stated, if he doesn't get a UK team place then that will have an effect on any visa application and will clearly add extra personal pressures onto him!

That is not in any way an excuse or in support of his alleged actions - merely telling it as I see it!!

My hopes are to see him back on a speedway bike as soon as is feasible and reasonable.

I cant see how Poole will be able to get a visa for Ward, even if he is cleared to ride this season. Surely they cant apply for one while he is banned ?

I don't see why they can't apply now. The UKVI are only interested in people working, not if they're banned or not.

Judging by his twitter. He needs to be in the Uk to race abroad. (Can he not apply for a visa to live in sweden?). Poole need to put an application in for his visa this week, so it looks like time has run out for them. They have to sign someone else This means Ward is going to have to write 2015 off. Get his ban sorted/cleared. Go back to Australia, realise the error of his ways and come back in 2016 a true professional.

Its all come about due his lifestyle catching up with him. Hes grown as a rider but not as a person. I do actually feel sorry for him in a way. I imagine since hes been in this country (15?)he hasnt had any real boundaries.

Judging by his twitter. He needs to be in the Uk to race abroad. (Can he not apply for a visa to live in sweden?). Poole need to put an application in for his visa this week, so it looks like time has run out for them. They have to sign someone else This means Ward is going to have to write 2015 off. Get his ban sorted/cleared. Go back to Australia, realise the error of his ways and come back in 2016 a true professional.

Its all come about due his lifestyle catching up with him. Hes grown as a rider but not as a person. I do actually feel sorry for him in a way. I imagine since hes been in this country (15?)he hasnt had any real boundaries.

To live in Sweden, he would be required to be able to speak Swedish, as Hancock had to.

• Like 1

Cant see him being on a speedway bike in 2015 in this country or any other. Because he should and will get banned, if not it just makes a laughing stoke of the FIM and the sport in general.

I posted on the site for Darcy, that he needs to find a good role model, to help him get his life on track, because he has had no help in any way from the people he has been hanging around with.

He could do with a year in a trapist monastery, that would do him the world of good.

• Like 2

You may well be right with your last sentence - I hope not! Darcy is now in a steady relationship with a young lady and seems to have settled down a lot, but we will have to wait and see. If the FIM decision does not come through until March 16th then Poole will not wait that long imo, (may have some news on that later!!) :wink:. However, as has been stated, if he doesn't get a UK team place then that will have an effect on any visa application and will clearly add extra personal pressures onto him!

That is not in any way an excuse or in support of his alleged actions - merely telling it as I see it!!

My hopes are to see him back on a speedway bike as soon as is feasible and reasonable.

I'm nearly in tears here! :wink:

• Like 2