British Speedway Forum

Poole 2015

Assumption 1 - Gerald Richter is still Poole track man. Assumption 2 - He is also still track man at Lakeside. Assumption 3 - He opted to do Lakeside rather than Poole. Assumption 4 - Poole was left in the hands of A N Other who was only able to produce an 'average' circuit.

Assumption 1 - Gerald Richter is still Poole track man. Assumption 2 - He is also still track man at Lakeside. Assumption 3 - He opted to do Lakeside rather than Poole. Assumption 4 - Poole was left in the hands of A N Other who was only able to produce an 'average' circuit.

Nothing new there then........... Even Tatum and Pearson, both die-hard Poole Supporters referred to the track as crap, said it is the worse in the league..... :wink::wink:

• Like 1

Part of the problem was the time of day for practice, with half the track (back straight) in full shade and the rest in hot bright sunshine, so it was at best a little inconsistent.

But as he says 'hopefully sorted for next week'!!

But if it isn't then I'm sure we'll all hear about from the KL promotion!! :nono::wink:

Gerald is at Lakeside this week. Lakeside were practicing yesterday according to their website.

You also missed out Assumption 5, namely Matt won't spend any money on the track.

• Like 2

Part of the problem was the time of day for practice, with half the track (back straight) in full shade and the rest in hot bright sunshine, so it was at best a little inconsistent.

But if it isn't then I'm sure we'll all hear about from the KL promotion!! :nono::wink:

Bloody hope so, your promotion should have been docked points last year for "the hole"!!!

Thought Chris looked understandably a little tentative at times during P&P - but he's certainly putting in some laps. Torun Tuesday, Poole yesterday and back to Torun today/tomorrow before the ELRC, at which he 'hoped to just get around safely!'

Maybe Magic at 1 for the first few weeks might be a better option?!

Looks as though Poole will do the same as last year in switching Gomolski and North (2&4) between certain home and away meetings.

Yes i know wher you are coming from with Holder, at Lynn on sunday looked all at sea at times! Could not believe how fit & focused NKI was, hard to believe hes just come back from that bad injury

If the truth be known, Most of Poole's riders have been to Lynn practising in readiness of the coming season. Holder, Watt and North were there last Friday with all the other Aussies, and Newman was there the week before.....

Everyone knows how good the Lynn track is and they want to utilise the facilities on offer. No problem there, but it sure does nullify our home advantage, something that other clubs seem to enjoy as a norm.......

Should we be expecting another hole to appear then ;)

• Like 1

Enjoy Poole fans!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/11864968.GOPRO_VIDEO__Grand_Prix_star_Chris_Holder_slides_round_Wimborne_Road/

"CHRIS Holder got a few laps under his belt at Wimborne Roadtoday as Poole Pirates held their press and practice.

And the 2012 world champion slid round the circuit with the Daily Echo’s GoPro camera on board."

3615999.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc2

Nice one, cheers.

If the truth be known, Most of Poole's riders have been to Lynn practising in readiness of the coming season. Holder, Watt and North were there last Friday with all the other Aussies, and Newman was there the week before.....

Everyone knows how good the Lynn track is and they want to utilise the facilities on offer. No problem there, but it sure does nullify our home advantage, something that other clubs seem to enjoy as a norm.......

Should we be expecting another hole to appear then ;)

It's a shame you don't get any overtaking at Saddlebow Road anymore when it's such a great track.

I should hope so. Lynn produce a billiard table 99% of the time and are entitled to expect the same when they ride away, especially at the home of the UK's 'biggest club'.

It's a shame you don't get any overtaking at Saddlebow Road anymore when it's such a great track.

It is, but its completely irrelevant to the discussion of track safety, holes, bad preparation etc.

• Like 2

I should hope so. Lynn produce a billiard table 99% of the time and are entitled to expect the same when they ride away, especially at the home of the UK's 'biggest club'.

It is, but its completely irrelevant to the discussion of track safety, holes, bad preparation etc.

If the track is a well prepared billiard table safe track surely it should produce better racing.

Discussing the track again!! Yawns

That's the thing with some of the POOLE supporters, When opinions are expressed against the club, you assume this aloft attitude. The truth be known the home side are victims of the home track more than most and have lost points because of it. A good promoter would get it sorted....

So to stick up for something that damages the clubs image is beyond me.........

What Pe....s me off is when stunts were pulled like making a big hole in the track just to get the match cancelled...... especially when the track is rubbish all the time....

What Pe....s me off is when stunts were pulled like making a big hole in the track just to get the match cancelled...... especially when the track is rubbish all the time....

And you know that for fact do you ? Your talking from where the sun don't shine pal.. Clueless.

Your'e the clueless one Starry,

Really, that's where your very wrong pal.. Still you believe what you want to believe, if it makes you happy.

Edited by Starman2006