British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Robert Lamberts comments on panthers facebook:

'' It's not going to make any difference what you all say on here because I'm my own rider and will always do the best for me !!''

Seems like he don't care about who he rides for..

Just as bad as his statement a couple of weeks ago after the fours. Talent alone won't get you to the top esp if you burn your bridges with clubs, riders and promoters. I think cos of all the hype, both he & his mum are thinking he's better than he is.

I think he forgets if it wasn't for fans then he wouldn't get paid at all.

Has zero respect for fans and from what's been said it seems the same with his attitude to other riders & promoters. Madness if rumours are true that he wants to be paid the same as a SGP rider for Lynn 😂😡

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 4

All speculation and rumour.

I would have thought he has a contract for the season at an agreed rate so not exactly in a strong negotiating position.

I think he is making good progress and has the ability to become the next Tai Woffinden - good luck to him!

Edited by Steve0

Like Woffy maybe he sees his future overseas. If he decides to ride in the UK going forward I am sure there will be a few clubs with big chequebooks who will pay the piper.

I see he is now riding in Sweden, so has basically swapped one club for another. Be interesting to see if there are any Premier League clubs who are without a Number One who fancy a 17 year old who puts bums on seats.

Edited by semion

Obviously, however as the brightest thing in the UK since Woffy we need to keep him here.

I personally have yet to see anything "Amazing" from him away from the Kings Lynn track. I was unimpressed with him on both his visits to Brandon this season after all the hype.

Yes I think he has talent but I still think he has a long way to go till he's compared to Tai, Ward or Emil

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

He has made it perfectly clear today on F/B that he does whats best for him, i doubt whether he has a loyal bone in his body..

Obviously we all don't know the full story and I'm sure ALL riders do what's best for them. I'm just happy to enjoy watching him here as long as he wants to be here.

I personally have yet to see anything "Amazing" from him away from the Kings Lynn track. I was unimpressed with him on both his visits to Brandon this season after all the hype.

Yes I think he has talent but I still think he has a long way to go till he's compared to Tai, Ward or Emil

He has been a joy to watch at Monmore.

He has made it perfectly clear today on F/B that he does whats best for him, i doubt whether he has a loyal bone in his body..

I get his point that he will do what's best for him and doesn't care what anybody else thinks, but a good rider still needs sponsors, teams and fans to pay his wages. Never a good idea to burn bridges

Obviously we all don't know the full story and I'm sure ALL riders do what's best for them. I'm just happy to enjoy watching him here as long as he wants to be here.

He has been a joy to watch at Monmore.

No disrespect to Wolves but a lot of riders have gone there and got maximums this year so winning a few races there doesn't make him world champion

• Like 2

I get his point that he will do what's best for him and doesn't care what anybody else thinks, but a good rider still needs sponsors, teams and fans to pay his wages. Never a good idea to burn bridges

No disrespect to Wolves but a lot of riders have gone there and got maximums this year so winning a few races there doesn't make him world champion

And last season.

He isn't world champion material yet but it's clear he is aiming that way. Very precious BRITISH talent.

• Like 1

As the old saying goes, "Be careful who you upset on the way up as you might need them on the way down."

• Like 3

Robert Lambert.....

*Turns up when he feels like it for Peterborough..........

*Then asks for a pay rise when he doesn't turn up half of the time (Apparently)................

*Judging by his comments he doesn't give a t055 about the fans.........

*Then asks the fans to buy him a new helmet on facebook...........

Not confirmed about the pay rise.......................But Robert is not coming across too well is he?

* nobody knows the deal he had with Boro ..

* nobody knows this for certain ....

* I've read tons of stuff on the net where he has thanked fans for supporting him ....

* are you privy to his personal finances, I sure am not...

* he has to do what is best for him cos if not he won't be able to realise his dream of making it to the top!

I know Woffy is way ahead of Robert but he's done what is best for him in 2015 and British fans are still supporting him, racing here or not.

• Like 2

He is 17 years of age, and must rate among some of the best of the Brits around at the moment bar Tai. Let him mature and in 2 or 3 years time he will be far higher on the world stage than any of the other will be at his age.

All he needs though is to get a proper manager, get his mum to stand back now and let him stand on his own 2 feet. They have done a lot for him, surely though now is the time for his mum to call it a day and someone with a lot more speedway knowladge, take care of the road he now has to follow. It will be a long uphill battle with lots of mishaps and problems at times.

But he will be there with the best of the world maybe in around 3 or 4 years time.

Will he ever be as good as Emil and Darcy, only time will tell.

Lambert is going to Poole ££££

Any truth in that staement. Can't say I have seen anything about it yet. Wouldn't be at all suprised though. IF MF can cancel Sky from going because he wanted more fans to go and watch them against Swindon. They he can manage to do anything.

Only problem being, it has been raining heavily and they have had to cancel the meeting, so in the end noone wins do they.

Sky should not bother to stage any meeting against Poole again.

By the way what the weather like in your part of the country. Is tonights meeting still going ahead, or is it also a wash-out