British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Pass me the book of Phone Numbers and CMA's, and I'll find someone......

Here's the CMA's for you http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/e15_issue_13.pdf

You would then have to rule out any rider who rides for Coventry, Leicester, Edinburgh, Redcar, Scunthorpe, Glasgow, Workington, Somerset, SEC or the Danish clubs that were riding last night. Then you would need to rule out the riders already guesting for any of the above clubs already.

Just looking at those, who would you have used who would have been stronger than RR?

Then take in to consideration any riders who might have non speedway related plans or commitments or maybe just didnt want to race last night.

I'm sure Rob tried everything he could to get a guest he thought would be stronger than RR but easier said than done. Unlucky that Barker got injured as he was the guest booked in advance.

Edited by mdmc82

In defence of Nicklas, he really is trying, you ought to have seen him riding at Lakeside last night, he was using one of Rory's engines, he couldn't get the set up quite right, it was rearing up, hard to ride but was fast and competitive.

The boys from the Hagon Shocks Academy always have a go at Lakeside before the meeting which is great, they are all looking 'right'.

why hasn't Porsing after two years with the club got his own engines ? Using Rory's is a joke - times up on him as far as I'm concerned he's the worst number 4 in the league time and time again he goes missing in heat 14 . If the Stars are going to get anything out of this season Porsing has to go

why hasn't Porsing after two years with the club got his own engines ? Using Rory's is a joke - times up on him as far as I'm concerned he's the worst number 4 in the league time and time again he goes missing in heat 14 . If the Stars are going to get anything out of this season Porsing has to go

I dunno, perhaps he bought it off Rory ..... maybe it's more getting his set up right, I felt that was the prob last night. We'll see what the management do.

• Like 1

Here's the CMA's for you http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/e15_issue_13.pdf

You would then have to rule out any rider who rides for Coventry, Leicester, Edinburgh, Redcar, Scunthorpe, Glasgow, Workington, Somerset, SEC or the Danish clubs that were riding last night. Then you would need to rule out the riders already guesting for any of the above clubs already.

Just looking at those, who would you have used who would have been stronger than RR?

That the point I was getting at. Of those teams racing last night there were 12 guests used. We had 3 weeks notice from Rory accident ,so should have had it sorted ages ago......

That the point I was getting at. Of those teams racing last night there were 12 guests used. We had 3 weeks notice from Rory accident ,so should have had it sorted ages ago......

And they did sort it ages ago by booking Barker, however how were they to know that he would then get injured a couple of days before the meeting. I think your being a bit harsh on your promoter/manager

• Like 1

And they did sort it ages ago by booking Barker, however how were they to know that he would then get injured a couple of days before the meeting. I think your being a bit harsh on your promoter/manager

Barker was originally booked by Lakeside wasn't he?

iklas actually did ok at Lakeside imo ......... but 2 poor lasts for a "heat-leader" just isnt acceptable... I've always liked KB but I think his time has come :/

So - if Niklas has to be sacrificed to accommodate Mads and/or Woffinden or Ward then we'd be mad not to go for it if at all possible if something is to be salvaged from this season!

Edited by Star Fever

iklas actually did ok at Lakeside imo ......... but 2 poor lasts for a "heat-leader" just isnt acceptable... I've always liked KB but I think his time has come :/

So - if Niklas has to be sacrificed to accommodate Mads and/or Woffinden or Ward then we'd be mad not to go for it if at all possible if something is to be salvaged from this season!

it's time for the promotion to make other clubs to take notice of how serious we are about winning this title we need a big signing and if we get that big signing Stars fans need to respond and support the club in large numbers - Tai would be an awesome signing it's someone of his stature that's needed
  • Like 1

Last season our challenge disappeared on the back of a horrific injury list at the business end of season. No blame for that could be laid at Busters door, as his hands were tied. This season if the season goes ** up then it is very much down to him.

Is it Loyalty is it money or just down to no one out there wanting to come.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

The frustrating part for me is there is zero information coming from the management, be that Buster, Rob or anyone else, about the form of certain riders or the team in general. If they were passionate about the Stars, then you'd think they would have plenty to say. If Rosco had been our team manager I'm sure he'd have plenty to say!

What makes this even more odd is this is our 50th Anniversary season and everyone just seems to be going through the motions, no big fanfare or excitement being generated.

• Like 1

The frustrating part for me is there is zero information coming from the management, be that Buster, Rob or anyone else, about the form of certain riders or the team in general. If they were passionate about the Stars, then you'd think they would have plenty to say. If Rosco had been our team manager I'm sure he'd have plenty to say!

What makes this even more odd is this is our 50th Anniversary season and everyone just seems to be going through the motions, no big fanfare or excitement being generated.

Rosco is surprisingly quiet with regards to the current gaping hole that is the number 1 slot at Swindon - so I don't think he would do any better for you news wise.

Rosco is surprisingly quiet with regards to the current gaping hole that is the number 1 slot at Swindon - so I don't think he would do any better for you news wise.

I think Rosco is keeping quiet because it's quite clear that either Zengi or Howarth will have to be sacrificed to get a number 1 in.