British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Feel bad to say it but there's no doubting that Nick just can't get it together ..... shame cos he has a real good local bloke helping him out, taking away all the worry.

So we will see who the management can find to fill Rory's boots and probably Nick's.

Well we've been forced into one change in Rory so I think while we are at it change Porsing as well he's been poor this season he's not made progress expected .

Your result at Coventry highlights Lynn's problem in making changes. As with a few other clubs the Fast Track reserves are so weak compared to the EDR top pairings that however good your top 5 are you will always be losing points at reserve against the play off favourites.This is no reflection on the reserves, it simply highlights the way the basically good idea of the fast track has been totally messed up by including riders who are too good for the fast track making too great a disparity between the best and worst.

Put yourself in Chapmans shoes. Every time you change the team it costs money. Is it worth spending a lot of money replacing Porsing with someone who might beat Porsings average by half a point or so when you are losing more than that at reserve, so replacing Porsing might well have no effect on actual results but still set the bank balance back a bit. Difficult decision for a cash strapped promoter. Personally I think the fast track has wrecked the EL as a serious competition this year.

• Like 3

Your result at Coventry highlights Lynn's problem in making changes. As with a few other clubs the Fast Track reserves are so weak compared to the EDR top pairings that however good your top 5 are you will always be losing points at reserve against the play off favourites.This is no reflection on the reserves, it simply highlights the way the basically good idea of the fast track has been totally messed up by including riders who are too good for the fast track making too great a disparity between the best and worst.

Put yourself in Chapmans shoes. Every time you change the team it costs money. Is it worth spending a lot of money replacing Porsing with someone who might beat Porsings average by half a point or so when you are losing more than that at reserve, so replacing Porsing might well have no effect on actual results but still set the bank balance back a bit. Difficult decision for a cash strapped promoter. Personally I think the fast track has wrecked the EL as a serious competition this year.

can I asked what makes you think we have a cash strapped promoter ? If Lynn can't make money no club can

Totally agree with your comments , and as per usual, the rules are constructed & manipulated to suit the same old teams... I too, thought all last years FTR should be in the team proper this year. The disparity this year between the riders is massive. Lewis Kerr has been our saviour on more times than any other team member. This no doubt creates lots of pressure. With the reserves points now so important, when he is injured, he is virtually impossible to replace .

A lot has been made about the Stars missing top riders last night. Rory and KB would have scored their usual quota but Kerr was always going to be the biggest lost because we win more points from his races and restricts other reserves in the process. Last night Coventry's EDR scores paid 19 pts whereas Lynn scored just 5. I'm sure, had Lewis been riding, the points totals would have been a lot closer

Going on to the team problems, there will be much head scratching, but I don't imagine Buster and Rob Lyon will do anything on impulse. I imagine a 28 day replacement for RORY will give them enough time to sort out the obvious problems. Its just so happens we have team problems at the time when we play Poole, twice in a week. Typical !!!

PS. Do hope I've mis-spelt some the words. Hate to think those Poster with nothing else to do wasting their time...

Edited by GRW123

Bartosz Zmarzlik !! imagine him and lambet in the same team !!

I suggested a couple of years ago that Lynn should make a move for him as he seemed he was going to be the'next big thing' in Poland! He would love it at Lynn surely!!!

Edited by Star Fever

On the basis that only two teams reported a profit last year and neither of them was Kings Lynn.

Probably not, but how many other speedway promoters, invested as much into the venue as Buster has done. How many other Promoters doubled the size of their seating area.?? How many other Clubs invested in a new Clubhouse and Offices.

I wouldn't read too much into any 'Profit and Loses' figures, they don't tell the full story.........

I can't imagine Buster ploughing money into projects if they were a lost cause.......

Besides, it must make better sense, than paying taxes on any declared profits.

• Like 1

Probably not, but how many other speedway promoters, invested as much into the venue as Buster has done. How many other Promoters doubled the size of their seating area.?? How many other Clubs invested in a new Clubhouse and Offices.

I wouldn't read too much into any 'Profit and Loses' figures, they don't tell the full story.........

I can't imagine Buster ploughing money into projects if they were a lost cause.......

Besides, it must make better sense, than paying taxes on any declared profits.

Ah, but the original point was about being cash strapped. It . Obviously there are many permutations that can be made when it comes to accountancy, and it might well be that money has been ploughed into the stadium or it could be that speedway does not make an actual profit but its less of a loss than having the stadium standing empty. You can only spend your money once and what you spend on one thing you cant spend on something else. But I think it goes without saying that no speedway club has money to throw around these days and my original point was simply that with the unbalanced Fast Track lists this year Chapman would have to think long and hard about getting a replacement for Porsing when in real terms it may not make a scrap of difference when the real problem seems to be at reserve, which he has no real control over. Its just that people are saying he MUST get rid of Porsing but of course a promoter has to look at the financial aspect. Not an easy decision without a crystal ball.

• Like 1