British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Probably the statistic don't highlight the fact, but I reckon Robert Lambert must be one of the most improved riders in the league this year. A big step up from last year.......

• Like 2

Probably the statistic don't highlight the fact, but I reckon Robert Lambert must be one of the most improved riders in the league this year. A big step up from last year.......

Yes he seems to be improving, maybe doubling up with the panthers is helping although i don't expect you to agree with that!!

Surely a must for the world cup.

• Like 1

Out of 49 rides for Lynn this season, Lambert has only finished last/retired in 7 races.

That for me is a massive improvement on this time last season when he was still finding his feet and missing the starts most of the time leaving himself too much to do.

It's a privilege to watch him develop as a speedway rider each week.

(Lambert so far for Stars this season - 49 rides, 14 race wins, 15 2nds, 13 3rds)

He looks far more comfy on the bike this year. No issues it seems now with keeping the bike down. Also his gating has come on a bundle. Though it does make pleasant viewing when he misses it. :D It is a real pleassure to watch such an up and coming talent like Lambert. Skys The Limit.

• Like 1

Out of 49 rides for Lynn this season, Lambert has only finished last/retired in 7 races.

(Lambert so far for Stars this season - 49 rides, 14 race wins, 15 2nds, 13 3rds)

Those figures don't indicate the times he team rides and secures bonus points. For some one so young, his awareness for his partner is amazing...

• Like 1

Spot on GRW. Lewis and Robert team riding last night was a joy to watch

May well have been but there were words between them and their mechanics in the pits straight after. Think the Kerr camp were of the opinion that Lambert came under him a little hard to begin with although I didn't see too much wrong with it myself. Wonder if Lewis was still feeling the effects of his spills on Sunday.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

May well have been but there were words between them and their mechanics in the pits straight after. Think the Kerr camp were of the opinion that Lambert came under him a little hard to begin with although I didn't see too much wrong with it myself. Wonder if Lewis was still feeling the effects of his spills on Sunday.

I don't really know where i stand with Kerr i like him as a rider but for me he is just a gater.Seen him five or six times for me not as good a rider as Barker,Auty,Kennett,Garrity King but he is in the BRITSH squad fair play..

Exactly what I thought.....Lewis had to ride his socks off by the boards a couple of times (bit scary as well) to keep up with Robert who was clearly faster. Until that bit of 'team' riding Robert has been the perfect partner

I don't really know where i stand with Kerr i like him as a rider but for me he is just a gater.Seen him five or six times for me not as good a rider as Barker,Auty,Kennett,Garrity King but he is in the BRITSH squad fair play..

Wouldn't read too much into that Sidney. I think all SWC Managers had to pick 10 riders to form a squad, and for Rosco that must have been hard. Some of the riders he has named are no doubt earmarked for the future but are a million miles away at this time.

Pity that Scotty don't want to ride, especially how he's going this year. Without him, the options are pretty thin on the ground. Woffy and Bomber are certs to ride, with the other 2 coming from whose who ride in the Premier League, which is not the ideal platform to prepare for world class opposition.

Perm any 2 from 3, from King, Cook and Lambert is my thoughts. Bearing in mind the event is at Lynn, then Lambert merits inclusion.

these track issues are they just this year or were there any last year ?

There hasn't been a single over taking at Lynn for 2 years now.

At least that's what you'd think by some of the nonsense on here.

Come down and see for yourself though, Robert Lambert is worth the £17 admission alone most weeks : )

• Like 2