British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Was at Lynn on Sunday & could not believe how focused NKI was, also looked so fit & lean.

There's always a big question mark over a rider when recovering from injury, but when it happens to be a top rider it's even more critical as his form and ability can only go one way...... Some take more time to recover than others, some, never manage to ever achieve the standard they once were, and others get straight back in the groove...

Having watched Niels for a few years, I always believed he was one of the solid riders on the circuit and is usually in full control in the way he rides. He never endangers others, He's reliably, safe, and consistently quick. So yes, Like you I was concerned of how the layoff would effect him....

Last Wednesday's Press Day provided all the answers for me. Seeing him going full bore into the first corner, with no hint of a let off the throttle, he hit the racing line as though he had never been away.... He was obviously on the pace from the start. Watching him at Rory's do was like watching the Niels of old.......

Worries over........... :t::t: :t:

There's always a big question mark over a rider when recovering from injury, but when it happens to be a top rider it's even more critical as his form and ability can only go one way...... Some take more time to recover than others, some, never manage to ever achieve the standard they once were, and others get straight back in the groove...

Having watched Niels for a few years, I always believed he was one of the solid riders on the circuit and is usually in full control in the way he rides. He never endangers others, He's reliably, safe, and consistently quick. So yes, Like you I was concerned of how the layoff would effect him....

Last Wednesday's Press Day provided all the answers for me. Seeing him going full bore into the first corner, with no hint of a let off the throttle, he hit the racing line as though he had never been away.... He was obviously on the pace from the start. Watching him at Rory's do was like watching the Niels of old.......

Worries over........... :t::t: :t:

So youwas at press day, could you tell me how Lambert looked please

So youwas at press day, could you tell me how Lambert looked please

Lambert looked OK. It was noticeable he had lost a bit of weight and looked fitter. If that is an indication of his determination then that has to be a good sign. On the bike he looked his normal self, but as 'LynnBoy' commented, it is his gating that has to improve. Doubling up with Peterborough has to be a good move. Competing on different tracks, riding twice as often should bring his ability to the fore......

As been stated already, the format gives the 2nd strings an obvious advantage over the heat leaders. But for Lambert to have any chance of progressing to that status, he will have to get his gating sorted.......

• Like 1

Pepe for Niels....

I remember him when he first came over riding in the same team as Michael Lee....vague recollections of Lynn riding at Coventry and Pepe getting pushed about on track and Lee waded in.... as they came back to the pit gate

• Like 1

Pepe for Niels....

I remember him when he first came over riding in the same team as Michael Lee....vague recollections of Lynn riding at Coventry and Pepe getting pushed about on track and Lee waded in.... as they came back to the pit gate

Not sure about the same side as Lee. Pepe rode for Lynn in 1998, think Lee last rode for us in 1991. Maybe he was involved behind the scenes at the time?

Pepe was very hit and miss that year. He could be brilliant at times and frustrating the next. Bit like how Seb Ulamek was in my eyes.

At least they picked someone with Lynn connection. Would have preferred Nicki Pedersen though.

Not sure about the same side as Lee. Pepe rode for Lynn in 1998, think Lee last rode for us in 1991. Maybe he was involved behind the scenes at the time?

Pepe was very hit and miss that year. He could be brilliant at times and frustrating the next. Bit like how Seb Ulamek was in my eyes.

At least they picked someone with Lynn connection. Would have preferred Nicki Pedersen though.

It was definitely Lee, can't have been Pepe then...wonder who I'm thinking of!

It was definitely Lee, can't have been Pepe then...wonder who I'm thinking of!

It as either amardo castanga or Amanda dal chiele and if I remeber correctly john Jorgensen was the Coventry rider who had a pop at the Italian after the race on the track and then lee stepped in battle of the heavy weights there lol

Edited by lynnboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that when a rider like Nic Porsing has an accident is it so hard to find out how he is, I'm sure most fans would like to know, surely updates on the web would help, it happens every time.

Or maybe there is a way of finding out these things that I don't know about.