British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Can't wait for the season to kick off on Sunday....just hearing the press review on Radio Norfolk this morning with the bikes in the background got me all excited!

Rory does appear to be in last years kevlars in the press photos

Porsing did not even have any kingslynn kevlars think he had his polish teams kevlars

Theirs hadn't arrived in time for P & P day so I was told.

You are assuming that every rider uses the same Kevlar manufacturer/supplier??

No not really. It should not make a difference who makes the kevlars what I am saying is they have a coloured drawing of the suit which every rider must get so they should all be the same not different colours on different sections on the the kevlars.

Edited by lynnboy
  • Like 1

No not really. It should not make a difference who makes the kevlars what I am saying is they have a coloured drawing of the suit which every rider must get so they should all be the same not different colours on different sections on the the kevlars.

I agree that's what should happen - and this is not a dig at KL - but several clubs have the same issue. Poole, different shades of blue; Wolves, orange that appeared pink to some; Coventry, Gold/yellow in different shades. Just saying.

I agree that's what should happen - and this is not a dig at KL - but several clubs have the same issue. Poole, different shades of blue; Wolves, orange that appeared pink to some; Coventry, Gold/yellow in different shades. Just saying.

Just as well as they don't wear blue/black dresses. :shock::D

• Like 2

It's tomorrow at the Eoes for Panthers - Press working fans welcome always have been - never been a problem as far as I am aware. Have always attended for many years, this will be the first I have had to miss for ages and I am very disappointed that is the case. I am at a loss therefore to understand the problem with not allowing the Stars fans access.

Yes, I saw some photos on Facebook from the Panthers P&P day. I saw that the fans that were there were all gathered on to the centre green with the riders and club officials for a big photo. That was a really nice touch I though. Did Lynn do this for their fans in their 50th year? No! :P The P&P days at Lynn, for me anyway, just seemed to end up being be a time for the press to get all the photos and information that they needed, hence why I stopped bothering to go years back. I don't think I've missed out on much in all honesty! So long as I'm entertained on Sunday and throughout the league campaign, I'm not too worried

Yes, I saw some photos on Facebook from the Panthers P&P day. I saw that the fans that were there were all gathered on to the centre green with the riders and club officials for a big photo. That was a really nice touch I though. Did Lynn do this for their fans in their 50th year? No! :P The P&P days at Lynn, for me anyway, just seemed to end up being be a time for the press to get all the photos and information that they needed, hence why I stopped bothering to go years back. I don't think I've missed out on much in all honesty! So long as I'm entertained on Sunday and throughout the league campaign, I'm not too worried

Hence why it is called press and practice day :wink:

• Like 3

We have had a start gantry and coloured lights, red, blue, white and yellow over the riders at Swindon in the past and once it is dark they certainly add to the atmosphere.

I thought that a few years back when Rooboy won the ELRC at Swindon. Pretty sure there was some kind of flashing lights going off to on there when the riders took the chequered flag too. All adds to it.

Not sure how it will work in the Summer though.

So what would we like Buster to take from Rory's meeting presentation yesterday, top 3?

For me:

1) Wade

2) Start gantry and lights

3) Riders with no helmets on at presentation time

1) Wade

2) Wade

3) Wade

He was superb, no lulls with him on the mic, great fun! My favourite quip was "FIRE IN THE HOLE, IT'S KENNETH BJERRE!"

• Like 1

Wade did seem ok....what we could hear of him. Between bends one and two couldn't hear too much :-(

Good night though and would certainly be good to have the starting gate thing with lights and flames....

It was a great night's entertainment which is the main thing. Hat's off to the Rooboy, obviously a LOT of work went into putting on a show like that.

Some great racing early on, in particular Kenneth Bjerre chasing down 'Holdo' and then Niels passing Steady. Steady's move on Dak late on was also pretty good speedway. Anyone else think Niels was team riding in the last heat to keep Rooboy in front so as to qualify for the final? Cracking Stars 5-1 with Bjarne all over the back of them.

Bomber looked good too, something to cheers Bees fans up after they got battered early on in the day.

Shame Batch had bike issues as he always goes as fast as anyone around our place.

Nice to see the kids out there too - gives the riders a break after each round of heats and keeps the crowd interested at the same time.

Anyone else think Niels was team riding in the last heat to keep Rooboy in front so as to qualify for the final? Cracking Stars 5-1 with Bjarne all over the back of them.

Nope... :wink: Neils had to try very hard NOT to get passed, especially with Bjarne rather close. good practice for the league....

It was a great night's entertainment which is the main thing. Hat's off to the Rooboy, obviously a LOT of work went into putting on a show like that.

Some great racing early on, in particular Kenneth Bjerre chasing down 'Holdo' and then Niels passing Steady. Steady's move on Dak late on was also pretty good speedway. Anyone else think Niels was team riding in the last heat to keep Rooboy in front so as to qualify for the final

100% or he would have got him on 1st bend every time.

I, too, was disappointed that Troy wasn't on his usual Saddlebow form. A few wow heats though, nice 😊

Anyone got any news on Lewis Kerr heard he was going to the hospital to have an X-ray on his wrist after his fall at Peterborough

@LewisKerrRacing: Sorry to @AJROSCO and the team yesterday, nothing broken just aggravated the wrist I broke at the end of last season.. Phew👍

• Like 4