British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

It was interesting listening to Nigel Pearson's comments regarding Ashley Morris on Friday night. Having been his Team Manager for a couple years with Cradley, he knows of him better then most. He said , that he goes better on the smaller tracks and would probably score more points away from Lynn, Said he was a talented youngster with a good neat style who can only benefit, learning from the top riders we have at Lynn.

That's good enough for me....... Welcome Ashley Morris to the fold.....

on the away smaller tracks Ashley point scoring could just be what the team needs

It was interesting listening to Nigel Pearson's comments regarding Ashley Morris on Friday night. Having been his Team Manager for a couple years with Cradley, he knows of him better then most. He said , that he goes better on the smaller tracks and would probably score more points away from Lynn, Said he was a talented youngster with a good neat style who can only benefit, learning from the top riders we have at Lynn.

Shouldn`t think Nigel Pearson has ever team managed Cradley- yes he is the chairman and obviously knows Ashley well, but Will Pottinger is the team manager !!

Edited by racers and royals

Shouldn`t think Nigel Pearson has ever team managed Cradley- yes he is the chairman and obviously knows Ashley well, but Will Pottinger is the team manager !!

Yeah ----- Whatever......

The point that was being made was that, he had worked with Ashley Morris before and was therefore qualified to give a fair opinion. But if you get your pleasure from correcting such trivia, then so be it.......

Pretty happy with the new Ashley Morris is the new 7, a real prospect for me and exactly what the draft is about. He has more potential than some of the older lads and will only get better. His development curve could be a lot steeper which is only good for the Stars.

Good night on Friday, enjoyed it and hopefully they will return again in future years.

Hardly trivia-get your facts right :lol:

To me, it was totally irrelevant, what positioned he held at Cradley. I had never heard of Will Pottinger, But for your benefit I will adjust the original post, to keep your small mind happy.....

It was interesting listening to Nigel Pearson's comments regarding Ashley Morris on Friday night. Having been his Team Manager for (worked with him) for a couple years at Cradley, he knows of him better then most. He said , that he goes better on the smaller tracks and would probably score more points away from Lynn, Said he was a talented youngster with a good neat style who can only benefit, learning from the top riders we have at Lynn.

I'm sure you'll realise, what little difference it actually made to the post, what position Pearson held....

God ........ Some people........What a wonderful world you live in..............

• Like 1

To me, it was totally irrelevant, what positioned he held at Cradley. I had never heard of Will Pottinger, But for your benefit I will adjust the original post, to keep your small mind happy.....

I'm sure you'll realise, what little difference it actually made to the post, what position Pearson held....

God ........ Some people........What a wonderful world you live in..............

im pretty sure racers and royals was just correcting you, there was no malice. there really is no need for you snide remarks to be honest.

• Like 3

im pretty sure racers and royals was just correcting you, there was no malice. there really is no need for you snide remarks to be honest.

That wasn't the way it came across. I always try to be amiable but sometimes...it just seem so abrupt..... and of no reference to what my post was saying......

Not wanting to offend anyone........ That's not me........

• Like 1

That wasn't the way it came across. I always try to be amiable but sometimes...it just seem so abrupt..... and of no reference to what my post was saying......

Not wanting to offend anyone........ That's not me........

For some reason Racersandroyals is very particular about team managers!

£15 to watch Leicester vs Newcastle FA Cup game in January - both clubs are PL clubs. I accept it's normally the £30-40 range but still....

It might be in America but you can go and watch the New York Yankees (probably one of the most famous sports clubs in the World) for $6 thats about £4 - again, admittedly you're more likely to pay £30+ but you CAN get tickets for as little as £4.

Speedway is seriously over selling itself at £17-18. It was only 4 years ago that I was someone who went to about 60-70 meetings a seasons, last year I went to about 6 after realising just how much I was actually paying for my speedway.

Its a vicious circle. The less people attend the more the rest have to pay.

It only costs ten pounds to watch the linnets for ninety minutes so speedway has passed football prices already. I'm not complaining as I will be there to watch the stars at their home meetings .

and the linnets get a smaller attendance (500-ish) than the stars who I assume get around the 1000-mark. Not sure what my point is there, just an interesting stat... :-)

Edited by kelvinht

It only costs ten pounds to watch the linnets for ninety minutes so speedway has passed football prices already. I'm not complaining as I will be there to watch the stars at their home meetings .

Not watching some of the best players in the world though like we will at the speedway so it should be cheaper
  • Like 1

Back to speedway......anyone know when the press and practice day is?

It seems like most days there are riders having a slide at the Adrian Flux Arena, can anyone just pop along to have a look?

Stars To Be Unveiled To The Press
Posted on March 4th, 2015

On Wednesday, March 11, the 2015 King’s Lynn Stars will be unveiled to the local and national press at the Adrian Flux Arena.

With the season just a few weeks away, excitement is starting to build as the club embarks on it’s 50th year.

In the morning the Stars will get to know each other a little better when they travel to Poultec’s Outdoor Adventure Experience Centre for a range of fantastic activities.

After an action packed morning, the team will head back to the Adrian Flux Arena for a private press session where they will be talking to reporters and having pictures taken for the season ahead.

The gates to the Adrian Flux Arena will open to the public at 5pm at which time returnees Niels-Kristian Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, Rory Schlein and also Robert Lambert, Nicklas Posring and Lewis Kerr will take to the famous race track for practice laps.

Supporters will also get chance to see new arrival Ashley Morris for the first time since he joined as the clubs second Elite draft rider last week.

Following the practice session, all seven members of the team along with manager Rob Lyon will be in the bar to meet up with supporters ahead of the new season.

We hope you can join us.

Bit disappointed gates not open to public until 5pm. Press and practice days for supporters to watch were always during the day or at least the ones I went to over the years. Has it changed recently anyone please ?