British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Thats only a 6.25% Increase. With in inflation running at 0.3% that makes it only a little under 6% above Inflation. Big Sponsorship deal on Saddlebow road recently announced. I am sure Buster has got it right and he thinks people will see it as only an extra quid, and pay it.

Hmmmmm....

15 matches at £17 a time = £255

Season ticket is £240 meaning I can't even miss one meeting?!?

Understand the £1 price increase but the only incentive to get a season ticket is now to avoid the queue each before meeting.

Thought they'd at least offer a free racecard?

The £17 and £18 clubs are charging now is a huge amount for what is frankly, an amateur show. When you look at what else you can get for the same money these days (a trip to the cinema and a meal in an average restaurant) vs a night stood on the terracing shivering as some twonk chats inanely to himself over a PA between really terrible music choices), is it any wonder speedway crowds are dropping.

This isn't a dig at Kings Lynn, it's at British Speedway in general. The sport is a £10-12 product at EL level - at best!

edit > You can watch PL level football for that price, sometimes.

Edited by SCB

The £17 and £18 clubs are charging now is a huge amount for what is frankly, an amateur show. When you look at what else you can get for the same money these days (a trip to the cinema and a meal in an average restaurant) vs a night stood on the terracing shivering as some twonk chats inanely to himself over a PA between really terrible music choices), is it any wonder speedway crowds are dropping.

This isn't a dig at Kings Lynn, it's at British Speedway in general. The sport is a £10-12 product at EL level - at best!

edit > You can watch PL level football for that price, sometimes.

What PL football can you watch for £17-£18?!?!

Cost me £41 to go to Goodison a few weeks back, it costs £45 at Anfield.....and don't get me started on the Emirates and White Hart Lane.

It costs £25 to go and watch Peterborough United!!!

We pay £17 and we get to watch riders of the calibre of Niels and Kenneth. The equivalent would be watching Ronaldo and play for Norwich City (who also charge £40 for away fans by all accounts!)

My issue isn't with the £17, it's more to do with the lack of incentives to buy a season ticket.

• Like 1

Have to agree with SCB. £17 for Elite League Speedway is overkill. I agree It should be a £10 sport st this level. For a Grand Prix in a stadium like the Millennium then you would expect to pay a Premium price, its a one off. I just hope the Promotions dont start moaning about the lack of support for certain meetings next season. I just see that People will cherry pick even more the meetings they go to. The Wet nights will be an acid test.

No surprise season tickets are poor value with no extra incentive.

With a holiday already booked in for April, I'm already going to miss one meeting (unless my rain dance works) therefore any benefit from having a season ticket has already disappeared.

A free programme might have swung the deal and let's face it, last season's effort was only fit for giving away.

• Like 1

No surprise season tickets are poor value with no extra incentive.

With a holiday already booked in for April, I'm already going to miss one meeting (unless my rain dance works) therefore any benefit from having a season ticket has already disappeared.

A free programme might have swung the deal and let's face it, last season's effort was only fit for giving away.

Personally, I don't have much of a problem with £17. The price of a season ticket, however, is ridiculous. It shouldn't be more than £200 if they are really serious about selling them. Anyone who buys one just to save a few minutes getting in must have more money than sense.

• Like 1

What PL football can you watch for £17-£18?!?!

£15 to watch Leicester vs Newcastle FA Cup game in January - both clubs are PL clubs. I accept it's normally the £30-40 range but still....

It might be in America but you can go and watch the New York Yankees (probably one of the most famous sports clubs in the World) for $6 thats about £4 - again, admittedly you're more likely to pay £30+ but you CAN get tickets for as little as £4.

Speedway is seriously over selling itself at £17-18. It was only 4 years ago that I was someone who went to about 60-70 meetings a seasons, last year I went to about 6 after realising just how much I was actually paying for my speedway.

15 races at approx. 60-70 seconds per race = £1.00 per race.

90 minutes of PL Football @ £40.00 seems a bargain!.

Have to agree with SCB. £17 for Elite League Speedway is overkill. I agree It should be a £10 sport st this level. For a Grand Prix in a stadium like the Millennium then you would expect to pay a Premium price, its a one off. I just hope the Promotions dont start moaning about the lack of support for certain meetings next season. I just see that People will cherry pick even more the meetings they go to. The Wet nights will be an acid test.

My enthusiasm is on the wane now mate ;)

I wonder what improvement(s) will be made to try and offset the increase? If any!

Or if you compare it to German Football. You could watch Bayern Munich ( One of the top sides in Europe) in the Bundersliga with a starting price of €30 thats around 22 of your English Pounds.

Where would I be without WiziWig

Edited by semion

Or if you compare it to German Football. You could watch Bayern Munich ( One of the top sides in Europe) in the Bundersliga with a starting price of €30 thats around 22 of your English Pounds.

How much would you have to spend in petrol to get there though? ;)

Personally, I don't have much of a problem with £17. The price of a season ticket, however, is ridiculous. It shouldn't be more than £200 if they are really serious about selling them. Anyone who buys one just to save a few minutes getting in must have more money than sense.

I'm not surprised by the increase. I think anyone who was at the fans forum knew what was coming and Lynn is not out of sync with other EL clubs.

I do think SCB's point is valid though. Speedway isn't a £17/£18 a meeting sport unfortunately. I'd probably term myself a die-hard as I imagine many on here would so I'll pay it pretty much whatever but I know some of my friends who pick and choose meetings think the sport is already overpriced.

The problem really comes when the die-hards have died off :lol:

• Like 3