British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

I think Bech will feature in next years Lynn Line Up. The One rider I really hope to see back in Lynn Colours next season is Lewis Rose. I think the boy has massive potential.

Sarjeant,Rose,C Wright,Worrall were the ones that impressed me the most last year, more so than the odvious suspects Newman and Garrity.Rose come on a ton was really impressed when he got paid 8 at the abbey be great if some of those guys and the likes of Auty,Birks,(ect) can be real in and out top top five riders in the future.

Sarjeant,Rose,C Wright,Worrall were the ones that impressed me the most last year, more so than the odvious suspects Newman and Garrity.Rose come on a ton was really impressed when he got paid 8 at the abbey be great if some of those guys and the likes of Auty,Birks,(ect) can be real in and out top top five riders in the future.

I'm with you Sidney, there were many riders who stepped up and Rose being one of them. He was so unlucky this year with injuries. Three times he was laid up for long periods. Always a good gater, having a good run between injuries 2 and 3, he really started to show his improvement, before that third and worst injury, finished his season 2 months early. I am sure given an injury free season he would improve out of all recognition.

• Like 1

If the fast track system stays i'd like rose and stokes to be our reserves next season!

Major decisions need to be made about the constitution of the teams and the advantages gained from FTR scheme. If we aren't careful, we are gong to create a situation where there will not be enough vacancies for them all when they progress through the system. It is for this reason I believe these FTR's should not be moved on so quickly as some on here seem to think.

In response to the above post, taking on board what it said about Rose and Stokes, when we add Robert Lambert and Lewis Kerr into the side we would then have 4 young Brits in an Elite team. That's fine by me but it looks more like a PL side. If we want to help and encourage these young riders to reach the top SGP stage, we have to have top quality riders over here, for them to race against.. So we need a fine balancing as to the constitution of the teams..

To me I think the FTR should be governed by age as well as standard, and once those riders are in the scheme they have the opportunity to persevere in it in the years to come.

• Like 1

I think the FTR system would work very well with 1 rider at reserve and then another British rider in the main team. This would ensure that riders leaving the FTR system don't struggle too much to find a place the following season. Like GRW said, we need to keep the big boys over here or otherwise the FTR riders will only be beating each other.

I think the FTR system would work very well with 1 rider at reserve and then another British rider in the main team. This would ensure that riders leaving the FTR system don't struggle too much to find a place the following season. Like GRW said, we need to keep the big boys over here or otherwise the FTR riders will only be beating each other.

yes I agree with this, id like a minimum number of home grown riders in the team, id even go both reserves and 2 in the main team.

this might be a tough one due to a lack of half decent british riders, but this is a must imo or certainly something more than just the FTR idea, to bring on our next generation of international standard riders

GP-free Freddie replacing Tai at Wolves, and Holder back at Poole instead of the banned Darcy is the likely outcome in my opinion. I'd welcome both those riders back to the EL with open arms, class acts. A pleasure to watch them around the Norfolk Arena when they visit. Niels will still beat them both though : )

• Like 2

You say governed by age but what if, like Kerr and Rose, they start in their twenties, twenty is young, it's their experience/lack of experience that counts?

When I referred to age, I was thinking in terms of how long they have been in the sport rather than years old. The two Lamberts are of prime example. Robert is new and like a breath of fresh air, tailor made for the FTS, whereas Simon has been around for quite a while and in my thinking will never get much better than is currently is. To promote Simon into the FTS is a waste of time.

Riders like Rose, who started in Moto-Cross and relatively new to speedway is ideal. These are the riders the scheme should look to help........

FTRs in Elite League should get a minimum 2 years in that position. Unfortunately for that to work there may need to be some levelling of FTRs across the teams which would not help the Stars who are in an enviable position with 2 decent FTR's. Depending on team numbers there are probably enough other Brits to say 2 additional brits in top 5.

Should also be FTR's in Premier League, or at least Brits only at reserve.

FTRs in Elite League should get a minimum 2 years in that position. Unfortunately for that to work there may need to be some levelling of FTRs across the teams which would not help the Stars who are in an enviable position with 2 decent FTR's. Depending on team numbers there are probably enough other Brits to say 2 additional brits in top 5.

Should also be FTR's in Premier League, or at least Brits only at reserve.

Only brits at reserve in the PL can't see that working wouldn't be enough to go round

Edited by springdale

I like the idea that I don't give a toss if he rides EL or not.

You wouldnt be bothered if our number 1 rider wasnt racing here!? Why? Unless of course you arent english