British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

My issue with the fast track wasn't that clubs can protect one rider or that Poole picked before Kings Lynn in round 2 as I believe over the season Lewis Kerr had been the top performing reserve. My issue was that I think Kyle Newman should have been ranked higher. I think Kerr, Blackbird and Garrity were better but Newman should have been 4th

Any ranking should have included EL performances as well as PL, but there would have been no need for any ranking if picks were done in reverse order (how a draft should work) once everybody had protected/claimed a category 1 pick.

pardon my ignorance, but I thought the FTR were the first to be in any team, so who is K Lynn's No 7

From the list of Tier 2 riders to pick from I would think Nathan Greaves could be the best one to pick as he certainly improved as the season went on and if he can control himself on and off the track and take the advice he gets, he should be a decent reserve in 2015.

Sad that Joe has decided to take a year out as he was a good trier at Wolves but sometimes he struggled and if he was more consistant and motivated he could do a good job for a Premier League team rather than some of the dead wood foreigners that fill the PL reserve berths.

Fair play to Kings Lynn on sticking with the team that did so well last season and without the injuries they would have at least been in the final for sure.

Can someone wrap Lewis Kerr in cotton wool until the start of the season? I feel he will be more important than EVER come March time!

Nice to hear the praise for Garrity and Bomber from Buster, he really could not speak highly enough of their professionalism. Did they want to ride to win for Lynn or was it more they just wanted to beat Poole?!? Brilliant.

• Like 1

From the list of Tier 2 riders to pick from I would think Nathan Greaves could be the best one to pick as he certainly improved as the season went on and if he can control himself on and off the track and take the advice he gets, he should be a decent reserve in 2015.

I don't believe he did improve as the season went on - he still scored very little and had trouble staying on the bike - at least in the EL!

• Like 1

*** Rossiter still is an ex-rider, as far as I know - or has he made a comeback???

**** The word is "have" not "of"!!!

Thanks for that very much appreciated,after the lesson you still did not say if you agreed with me or nor Red"?

I don't believe he did improve as the season went on - he still scored very little and had trouble staying on the bike - at least in the EL!

"Steve 0" at the start he struggled badly but fair play to the lad he stuck at it and for a six week period he really improved.He is actually a decent gater, i don't know the ins/outs of the spat between himself and the club it is all history now but it would be interesting to here what other Robins fans THINK on one incident that happened.Nathan/Nick Morris were on a 5/ 1,i think Greaves had led for about three laps then Nick just fired right underneath him pushing him out wide and just buggered off.At the time i thought it was unjust, but nothing was said i just hope now Nathan learns from it goes on and improves good luck to the lad.

Thanks for that very much appreciated,after the lesson you still did not say if you agreed with me or nor Red"?

I totally agree that much of what should stay "in the dressing room" gets out these days, and "social media" is the cause of so many untruths, innuendo, etc which can create long lasting and false impressions of the people described

I totally agree that much of what should stay "in the dressing room" gets out these days, and "social media" is the cause of so many untruths, innuendo, etc which can create long lasting and false impressions of the people described

Your from the old school Red" like myself and i feel this way keeping thing's in house is the best way forward.

...... described should have a full stop after it btw, its the end of a sentence!

Or to be more precise when in stones don't throw glasshouses :-o :-)

No surprise to me that the top 5 have been retained, and I think it was definitely the right thing to do! Niels is niel's, will always be our top points man and top points scorer. Porsing came on so much last season and can see him carrying that on next season. Schlien was very hot and cold last season, but when he is on song he is a very capable 3rd heat leader. Lambert will hopefully continue to kick on, and with more rides this season with P'boro, can only be a good thing. Bjerre is another who, if he can stay fit, will be a good heat leader and him and Niel's will be one of the best heat leader pairings in the league.

Just hope that whoever we choice to replace Jacobs can weight in with points to help Kerr out too.

Good top 5, a rare thing in speedway these days to keep the same riders again. If Wolves can't win the title, then I hope King's Lynn do to make up for 2014.

Cheers mate, appreciate that........ We sure have been waiting a long time ...........

Think your No.7 should be either Clegg or Grieves. After the incident at Coventry, I think young Grieves got a wake-up call, and his performances after that were markedly improved. Cleggy was also a solid NL heatleader, after struggling earlier on with Leicester. Either one would do a good job IMO

Good top 5, a rare thing in speedway these days to keep the same riders again. If Wolves can't win the title, then I hope King's Lynn do to make up for 2014.

Can only echo that.

The Stars team last year was one of the most exciting teams to watch in a long time.

Without injuries they would have almost certainly been in the PO final.

Birmingham nearly did it with the same riders two years ago they were the best team that year for me they were very unlucky.Last year Lynn were brutally unlucky, with injuries great they have stuck to the same side ( gutted for them Rose can't stay rule needs changing.) Hope they put up a great show this year they deserve to in a way they are a club other clubs might want to look at and copy.

• Like 1

Seems like Lynn are a few people's second favourite team : )

We have a promoter who would rather lose, but lose fairly than win by being underhanded.

Such ethics and morals can only be applauded. Bravo Buster Bravo.

As for the replacement FTD rider, I only saw Clegg a few times last season mainly on my trips over to Leicester but he did seem to have great difficulty gating, his front wheel just kept popping up and he'd enter turn 1 last by a few lengths in most cases. He seemed tidy enough once he got going. If his gating has improved, then let's give him a crack?

...... described should have a full stop after it btw, its the end of a sentence!

Or to be more precise when in stones don't throw glasshouses :-o :-)

Don't you mean "it's" not "its"?

As for ":-o :-)" - well, you've lost me there! (I had to cut and paste that!)

I admit to not using full stops at the end of sentences on forums - but I do know that they should be there!

Seems like Lynn are a few people's second favourite team : )

We have a promoter who would rather lose, but lose fairly than win by being underhanded.

Such ethics and morals can only be applauded. Bravo Buster Bravo.

As for the replacement FTD rider, I only saw Clegg a few times last season mainly on my trips over to Leicester but he did seem to have great difficulty gating, his front wheel just kept popping up and he'd enter turn 1 last by a few lengths in most cases. He seemed tidy enough once he got going. If his gating has improved, then let's give him a crack?

Ben Morley?

• Like 1