British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Probably I see things differently from other people, But to me Porsing is a far better option than Mads. All this talk about swapping him for such and such, or what's his name is way off the mark. No doubt, I will be shot down in flames, when I predict he will challenge Rory for the third heat leader spot. Porsing is more than capable of putting a point on his average, and that WOULD be enough to make Rory a second string.......

I too have no problems using the same 1 to 5. All those riders are comfortable with their current average, and most have the ability to improve some. I cant see one that will drop his score, like I do when looking at some of the signings with other clubs.......We should have enough for a play-off position and then its down to fate and the gods.

• Like 1

I think Niklas is the better long term option but for me Mads is on a bit of a bargain figure this year and would make hay early on as a second string. Would be happy to have Niklas back though as I think he can kick on too but for this season Mads' extra experience could prove invaluable. If it is Mads then Niklas needs to go on loan somewhere and carry on his development ahead of a return to Lynn in 2016.

I think a case could be made for Porsing and Mads. With Porsing, if he is going to turn up with decent gear then he is a shoe in. We saw it last season. When he had a bike under him was capable of almost anyone, when turned up with a bag of nails there was little point in him being there.

I don't expect many changes but feel it does need a little freshening up a bit. Still feel the Reserves in this League are going to be massive and we won't have the huge advantage we started last with. So we do need the improvement to come from other areas

I think a case could be made for Porsing and Mads. With Porsing, if he is going to turn up with decent gear then he is a shoe in. We saw it last season. When he had a bike under him was capable of almost anyone, when turned up with a bag of nails there was little point in him being there.

I don't expect many changes but feel it does need a little freshening up a bit. Still feel the Reserves in this League are going to be massive and we won't have the huge advantage we started last with. So we do need the improvement to come from other areas

You could level the machinery issue at Mads. Never doubted his desire or passion, but sometimes his bikes are that slow. Remember see him once at a Danish Practise day, and Mads was the slowest there. In this day and age, it's imperative the bikes are competitive . Seeing him ride in the WTC showed he's lost none of this ability, But can he be relied upon to perform at that level every week???

You could level the machinery issue at Mads. Never doubted his desire or passion, but sometimes his bikes are that slow. Remember see him once at a Danish Practise day, and Mads was the slowest there. In this day and age, it's imperative the bikes are competitive . Seeing him ride in the WTC showed he's lost none of this ability, But can he be relied upon to perform at that level every week???

Mads issues are always machinery based, like a few others.

Question marks seem to mainly be over Porsing's position but Schlein was the bigger disappointment last season. 1 is still learning while the other has great experience.

But, in terms of current averages Schlein is the easiest decision to keep on a 6.22 as it's more attractive and easier to improve on, where I'm not sure if Porsing can add as much to his. But certainly Mads can add more to his 5.95 compared to Porsing's 5.68.

Then the next question is could Porsing add more to his 5.68 compared to Robert Lambert's 5.32.

Questions, questions, questions.

We'll find the answer's in 2 more days

This be the first winter for as long as I've had the Internet that some or all of the team hasn't already been leaked out - last winter I didn't bother going to the Decenber fans meeting because the team was already known to most fans this year it seems to have been kept under wraps so could there be a surprise in the 1-5?

I agree GRW that's why I said on decent gear Porsing should be a shoe in, over Mads. Rory is a real enigma. To me he should be 7.5/ 8 point Watered down Elite League rider, but never seems to get there. Feeling is, this is the year, but that year never seems to come.

Robert Lambert is a fantastic prospect, but to progress he does need to gate at least level on a regular basis. The one rider who I wouldn't be fussed about returning is Kenni, but maybe it's a case of better the devil you know.

I agree GRW that's why I said on decent gear Porsing should be a shoe in, over Mads. Rory is a real enigma. To me he should be 7.5/ 8 point Watered down Elite League rider, but never seems to get there. Feeling is, this is the year, but that year never seems to come.

Robert Lambert is a fantastic prospect, but to progress he does need to gate at least level on a regular basis. The one rider who I wouldn't be fussed about returning is Kenni, but maybe it's a case of better the devil you know.

Who would you have as 2nd heatleader that's better than Ken Bear in this current EL and potentially a available.

The only 2 I would replace him with are Nicki Pedersen and Magic Janowski

I thought Keith Chapman was quoted as saying, before the draft, that as the rules allow him to keep the whole of the 2014 team, he was hopeful of doing so!!

6 out of 7 ain't bad and practically unheard of in modernday EL to be virtually top of the league all season and be able to retain your top 5!!!!

Just shows how important the reserves were.

Screamer the lad I would love to come to Lynn would the boy Pawlicki who was at Wolves part of last season. He looked something a bit special at Saddlebow last term.

Hes ridculosly talented. He rode at number 5 too, no easy rides. Hes only 20 years old so still dictated too by his Polish Club, however, if he does want to ride in the UK, Wolves will go all out for him. His brother is really good too but the difference between them is their size. Piotr is really the perfect size for a speedway rider. Shamek is more physical and whilst brilliant to watch, he needs to calm down a little.

Edited by superguest
  • Like 2

Kenneth to me, CAN be the best No. 2 in the league. Given a injury free year, He score will rocket to the level they once were. Watching him intently as I do, he has lost none of the old ability and when in front goes very quick. Probably the best gater at the club, his machinery is always on song. Having been unfortunate with a phase of bad crashes, usually not his fault, has cause him to show hesitation when in close company with other riders. I'm sure given a decent run with no crashes I'm sure he'll be back to the level he was.....

I wouldn't mind seeing the same 5 line up in the main body but my worry would be that the points have gone up by 2 and that allows us to have the same 5 which have already shown the improvement. The exception maybe being Robert who at such a young age must have another jump in his ability to come. For the others what's to say they didn't reach their peak last year, why would they suddenly be able to add more than what they could last year.

I felt let down by porsing last year after showing so much potential he then suddenly looked like he was a complete novice and it took ages for him to come back to any kind of form. Could we risk the same again this season?

Bjerre I do like and can easily mix it with the best if he stays injury free however if he does get injured he takes a very long time to get back on it. I don't blame anyone for being like that but again injuries are a part of this sport and something we need to consider how we would cope if something happened.

With the catergory 1 FTD riders being a lot closer in ability this year our advantage with Kerr has been closed significantly. Rose was the pick of the bunch in group 2 last year and again this could well meaning us lose 5 points a meeting because of the better FTD system. Add into that the 2 extra points per team in the main body for other sides if we keep the same side.

On that basis I would like us to change at least 1 member of the team to someone who could really boost the side and push his team mates for heat leader spots. I also would be amazed if we had any poles in the side as I'm sure buster has said before that they are very unreliable.

We are gonna lose the benefit of the FTD next season, so whatever top 5 we come up with has all got to score better on a regular basis. For me there are too many question marks in several of last years side. If Rory can ride consistently well, if Nick always has decent equipment, if Kenny does get injured / lose confidence, if Robert could gate......for me that side would be a very big risk. I could either be spectacularly successful or doomed to failure. One new face is needed, just not sure which one should be replaced.

• Like 1

For me Kenneth has to be in the team he has no SGP for starters though I guess he will do the qualifiers for 2016 season last season as it started he was getting over a broken leg then hit form and broke his collar bone again just got his confidence back and crashed again at the Vojens Gp given a clear run of injuries he could challenge Puk at No1 position he's a proven rider we have to include him - as for Rory he offers more to the team than points scored for me if we keep the same top 5 he's the only captain in that 5 in fact I think he's one of the best captain the club has ever had as for points scored he does disappoint at times he can beat the best but lose to the worst .

On to Robert if only he could gate but at 17 can't really see the club leaving him out ,same for Porsing if we don't use him others will he's done the ground work over here he will push on I think - as for Niels if he's not in the team we need someone very special to fill his shoes .

I think it's a dead cert stay as you are top 5 all the 5 have something to offer the team can't see it changing .

• Like 2