British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

if that happens then the sport is run by tw@ts.... how can Poole pick first after protecting Newman... top picks from both grades.... that cannot be right.

Just reading the break down in the Speedway star and it seems the quote isn't quite correct or the comments of Rosco aren't.

"Obviously the clubs who own riders like Kyle Newman will get them back, which is fair enough. ... and i`ve got no problem with him there whatsoever...... but the way we've done it Matt will get one of the last picks in the second group.

He accepts that, though, and the standard of those second tier riders is much better."

So despite the clarity of the statement it seems that those that get to use their protected picks go to the bottom of the pecking order for the 2nd group.

Why not just say that in the first place? :neutral:

doesn't matter, you protect a rider then you forfeit your pick and join the queue...

Which seems fair to all.

Accoring to Roscoe in todays Star, If Poole go with protected asset, Newman, they are then among the last too pick in the 2nd draft. You would think The GB Team and Swindon Club Manager would know his onions.

If Rose was to go to Poole, couple of iffy meetings and Matty would be showing him the door.

Edited by semion

Accoring to Roscoe in todays Star, If Poole go with protected asset, Newman, they are then among the last too pick in the 2nd draft. You would think The GB Team and Swindon Club Manager would know his onions.

If Rose was to go to Poole, couple of iffy meetings and Matty would be showing him the door.

The most important rider for Poole is Newman if we use him in the draft again and not the main team and he proved that as long as he rides like he did last season, we can cope whoever the other draft rider is.

• Like 1

it would be a joke if rose, a kl asset, and one that rode for the club last year is forced to ride elsewhere.

No problem with Rose riding for KL which makes Kerr available to other clubs - makes perfect sense! It's not much of a draft if allowed to protect one rider in each grade!!

• Like 1

No problem with Rose riding for KL which makes Kerr available to other clubs - makes perfect sense! It's not much of a draft if allowed to protect one rider in each grade!!

Couldn't agree more Steve0. :wink: I just hope all the riders have the changes in the process explained to them as the likes of Kerr and Rose (as examples) could accept the invitation thinking they are both going to be KL riders again!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Couldn't agree more Steve0. :wink: I just hope all the riders have the changes in the process explained to them as the likes of Kerr and Rose (as examples) could accept the invitation thinking they are both going to be KL riders again!!!

What would make perfect sense, is that the BSPA instruct all clubs to attain their own FTR assets, instead of some clubs relying on handouts all the time.

They have had a year to sort out FTR asset but have done nothing. Of course Poole will be happy with the protection of only one asset. they only have Newman, And so will Swindon, who haven't got any worth keeping......... BUT......

Why should teams like Lynn and Coventry be penalised for the endeavour of planning ahead......

Why should the like of Kerr or Rose be penalised and pressured to move elsewhere when they have nothing wrong............

• Like 1

What would make perfect sense, is that the BSPA instruct all clubs to attain their own FTR assets, instead of some clubs relying on handouts all the time.

They have had a year to sort out FTR asset but have done nothing. Of course Poole will be happy with the protection of only one asset. they only have Newman, And so will Swindon, who haven't got any worth keeping......... BUT......

Why should teams like Lynn and Coventry be penalised for the endeavour of planning ahead......

Why should the like of Kerr or Rose be penalised and pressured to move elsewhere when they have nothing wrong............

Says the club that has been loaning riders for many years and picking up scraps for a long long time.

• Like 1

That's hardly the point GRW, thems the rules. Lynn gained from the rules last season, this year maybe it will come out different. Have to take the rough with the smooth

Thems are rubbish rules..........

You tell that to Kerr and Rose...... They are local boys who come from this area and have always wanted to ride for Lynn .

What about the local supporters from where these riders live that come every week, All the close family members that come and support them. Are they going to feel the same way if say he rides for Swindon, I doubt it........

It's just another rule that could / will turn supporters away.

Edited by GRW123

It's called rules. Why should FTR reserves get any "protected" status? It doesn't happen to the main body of the team.

So does your argument about FTRs and assets extend to the main body of the team? If you want to be consistent then fill the rest of your team with your own assets - You can't have it both ways :rolleyes:

You seem happy to keep hold if your own assets at reserve (because they give you an advantage) but anything goes in the main body of the team! At least be consistent!

• Like 2

It's called rules. Why should FTR reserves get any "protected" status? It doesn't happen to the main body of the team.

So does your argument about FTRs and assets extend to the main body of the team? If you want to be consistent then fill the rest of your team with your own assets - You can't have it both ways :rolleyes:

You seem happy to keep hold if your own assets at reserve (because they give you an advantage) but anything goes in the main body of the team! At least be consistent!

My point is to give the rider his choice of where he wants to ride. rather than being dictated to. The main body of the team is made up of riders who have arranged a contract to ride for that side, The FTR should be treated likewise. In this day and age you shouldn't be forced to ride anywhere.

GWR. I think you have been around long enough to know that there are so many rules in Speedway that make little to no sense and favour certain clubs over others. Facts are right or wrong they are the rules that the Promotions agree on. As fans we just have to accept them.

I still have faith that Buster will put a side that he feels will do the club justice and be at the business end of the table come the end of season. Sometimes it can benefit both rider and club to gain experience for a season or two at other tracks, for the long term benefit of both

My point is to give the rider his choice of where he wants to ride. rather than being dictated to. The main body of the team is made up of riders who have arranged a contract to ride for that side, The FTR should be treated likewise. In this day and age you shouldn't be forced to ride anywhere.

I think the point you are missing is that it's a draft! No one forces them to join the draft and there are rules associated with it which they sign up to - a contract! I think the whole FTR is a crock, having "protected" riders invalidates it being a fair and true draft and FTRs should be getting their experience in the PL not the EL! Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

I think the point you are missing is that it's a draft! No one forces them to join the draft and there are rules associated with it which they sign up to - a contract! I think the whole FTR is a crock, having "protected" riders invalidates it being a fair and true draft and FTRs should be getting their experience in the PL not the EL!

Spot on No one is forcing anyone . If you don't like the rules of the draft don't sign up for it . it's amazing that now THE RULES don't suit GWR side the draft is now NOT so good

Edited by orion

In an ideal world all reserves would be local and there would be no argument.

If any rider wants to develop within the sport they may have to travel elsewhere to ride. I see this no different to one of Kerr or Rose.

If riders want to ride sometimes they have to go where the work is.

It isn't forcing them, its making it fair for all other clubs.

Spot on No one is forcing anyone . If you don't like the rules of the draft don't sign up for it . it's amazing that now THE RULES don't suit GWR side the draft is now NOT so good

Just for the record, I think the FTR is a good idea. It's the draft part I have a problem with. For the draft to be fair, there cannot be ANY protected riders. But saying that , then it wouldn't be fair on the clubs that own FTR assets if they wasn't protected. Either the riders can be protected or not. You can't have it both ways Some are , some ain't........

Bearing in mind this years FTR are more equal than before and they are not going to be graded as such, why not do away with the draft idea and let the clubs pick one rider from each group. That way everyone is happy.... Simple.......

We will see :D

Bjerre, bjerre, wells, proctor, thorsell, worrall and another, dear god what a side wolves will have compared with nki, woffy, mads, porsing, lambert, kerr and rose 😄😄[/quote-]

Thankgodness someone cares about Wolves. Thanks for your concern! Meanwhile, in the real world...

• Like 2