British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

I see the teams proposed on here include Nils can I just ask what if Nils decides to give EL a miss this year who would be your preferred no1?

NIELS will return, he loves the place.

But, if not then I doubt we can get away with Kenny at 1, especially if the 'only 2 riders over 7' rumour is true, we'll need a true BIG hitter.

Nicki P would be a popular choice with most fans but apparently there is no chance of him doing a full season over here.

Batchelor is superb around the NA, might be worth a shout?

FTD rules http://www.swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/howitworksthedraft

So If I've got this right...

We can only protect one out of Kerr and Rose.

We'll get 2nd last pick in Group 1 therefore will have to protect Kerr to stop the risk of him being picked.

Hope Rose isn't picked by Poole as their number 7?

If that is the case and Poole pick Rose, there will be hell to pay i imagine.

FTD rules http://www.swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/howitworksthedraft

So If I've got this right...

We can only protect one out of Kerr and Rose.

We'll get 2nd last pick in Group 1 therefore will have to protect Kerr to stop the risk of him being picked.

Hope Rose isn't picked by Poole as their number 7?

If that is the case and Poole pick Rose, there will be hell to pay i imagine.

The way the rules have been written seem fair to some and not to others.

Kings Lynn had things all there own way last season by having both assets protected and too be honest club assets should be protected but to make it `fairer` for all clubs i think the one asset protection is better for this season.

Yet this season the likes of Coventry can protect Garrity who isn't an asset and also protect an asset from the 2nd draw. And similarly Poole get to protect one of the better reserves in Newman and then get 1st pick of the 2nd draw. :shock:

This doesn't seem a fair way of doing things.

And PLEASE don't turn this into an anti Poole/Coventry thing. :t:

Bumped into an old speedway pal this morning, who was so despaired with the sport he stopped going some five years back, But he greeted me with the words, 'Bloody hell mate, I hear we've got Woffy riding for the Stars this year' Now that's the third source who has said that, so I'm beginning to think Smoke / Fire...... When pressed for his information, he said he came from the track, and also repeated that Kenneth would be riding for Wolves with his brother.......

The mind boggles.........

I thought Poole have first pick with Newman ? Meaning they get last go on in the 2nd draft.

Reading the SS today, Buster seems to be saying there wont me many changes. ' Why Would I want to break up a winning team?'

This season bottom club picked 1st draft, top club picked 2nd draft - someone correct me if i`m wrong.

Bumped into an old speedway pal this morning, who was so despaired with the sport he stopped going some five years back, But he greeted me with the words, 'Bloody hell mate, I hear we've got Woffy riding for the Stars this year' Now that's the third source who has said that, so I'm beginning to think Smoke / Fire...... When pressed for his information, he said he came from the track, and also repeated that Kenneth would be riding for Wolves with his brother.......

The mind boggles.........

So because 2 or 3 people mention it as a rumour its likely to be true??

I have read the same nonsense on here. I will be aghast if that becomes a reality.

The way the rules have been written seem fair to some and not to others.

Kings Lynn had things all there own way last season by having both assets protected and too be honest club assets should be protected but to make it `fairer` for all clubs i think the one asset protection is better for this season.

Yet this season the likes of Coventry can protect Garrity who isn't an asset and also protect an asset from the 2nd draw. And similarly Poole get to protect one of the better reserves in Newman and then get 1st pick of the 2nd draw. :shock:

This doesn't seem a fair way of doing things.

And PLEASE don't turn this into an anti Poole/Coventry thing. :t:

As I read it a club can only protect one asset, so clubs have to choose wether to protect their round 1 or round 2 drafts you can't protect both.

This season bottom club picked 1st draft, top club picked 2nd draft - someone correct me if i`m wrong.

So because 2 or 3 people mention it as a rumour its likely to be true??

I have read the same nonsense on here. I will be aghast if that becomes a reality.

The 2nd pick was based on what rider they picked in the first pick as the riders were graded.

As I read it a club can only protect one asset, so clubs have to choose wether to protect their round 1 or round 2 drafts you can't protect both.

PN, have re-read it and you are absolutely correct. That seems fair.

`climbs down from high horse` :P

The 2nd pick was based on what rider they picked in the first pick as the riders were graded.

Im not convinced it was this way plus its working the same way for the new season too.

ORDER OF PICKS

• Clubs will pick in reverse order from their finishing position in 2014, meaning Leicester have first pick in round one with Poole picking eighth. Swindon will pick fifth.
  • As things stand, Poole will pick first in the second round with clubs then picking in order following their finishing positons last season. This will see Swindon picking fourth.

<p>

Im not convinced it was this way plus its working the same way for the new season too.

ORDER OF PICKS

• Clubs will pick in reverse order from their finishing position in 2014, meaning Leicester have first pick in round one with Poole picking eighth. Swindon will pick fifth.
  • As things stand, Poole will pick first in the second round with clubs then picking in order following their finishing positons last season. This will see Swindon picking fourth.

I dont think Coventry had last pick in the 2nd round after we had the first pick in the first round.

Can't imagine Buster allowing Lewis Rose to go to Poole or anywhere else come to that. If the powers that make these decisions have any common sense they will realise it's a stupid scenario.

Teams like Swindon and Poole do hardly anything to invest in new blood, yet they will be allowed to cherry pick other clubs assets. I look back over the last year when there was a lot of moaning about poor Swindon and Poole, they don't have any good FTR rider, But they have done nothing to enhance their team strength.

If Matt Ford is the genius everyone says he is , why has he not sorted out another asset to figure in the FTR system. Last year he got out of jail with Newman , but that won't happen every year.... He needs to invest in new talent.....

• Like 2

ORDER OF PICKS

if that happens then the sport is run by tw@ts.... how can Poole pick first after protecting Newman... top picks from both grades.... that cannot be right.

• Like 2

Can't imagine Buster allowing Lewis Rose to go to Poole or anywhere else come to that. If the powers that make these decisions have any common sense they will realise it's a stupid scenario.

Teams like Swindon and Poole do hardly anything to invest in new blood, yet they will be allowed to cherry pick other clubs assets. I look back over the last year when there was a lot of moaning about poor Swindon and Poole, they don't have any good FTR rider, But they have done nothing to enhance their team strength.

If Matt Ford is the genius everyone says he is , why has he not sorted out another asset to figure in the FTR system. Last year he got out of jail with Newman , but that won't happen every year.... He needs to invest in new talent.....

he could very easily have bought one of the FTR riders to be an asset instead he bought North