British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Starting to think about what a 1-7 could look like, no point in beginning anywhere other than the No. 1

Niels has stated his concern about the amount of EL fixtures, and I don't think simply 4 fewer makes much difference.

Last season, we arranged a few meetings on Thursday's to cater for Niels' Esbjerg commitments so if Niels is still concerned about 28 meetings in the EL, then surely we can come to some arrangement where he misses, say 4, Lynn meetings when there are Esbjerg fixtures?

If Lynn are to make a challenge next season, we need to secure Iversen as No. 1 - IMO he is irreplaceable. Consistent, reliable, professional, relentless.

Not the biggest surprise in the world considering the 'competition'?!?

If only every track had a Buster.

Shame it doesn't produce great racing like it used to.

This forum is all about opinions and I for one would always pick youth and exuberance, instead of tired and aged, So to me Porsing would always be my pick over Mads. Although Mads tries hard, his best years are gone and his bikes are always slow. Shame really......

Niels, Kenneth, Bech and Porsing has a nice ring to it, add Lambert, and team Lewis, we would have the makings of something special.........

Wishful thinking.....

Doesn't fit.

If only every club had its own track!!!

Well done to Buster and Kings Lynn!

Whether you own your own track or rent it, surely it's the responsibility of the Promoters to ensure their track it's in good racable condition. A lot of fans use this as an excuse for their own tracks short-comings. What happened at Poole with the play-offs was nothing short than disgraceful. There was no excuse for having no shale or equipment.

Whether you own your own track or rent it, surely it's the responsibility of the Promoters to ensure their track it's in good racable condition. A lot of fans use this as an excuse for their own tracks short-comings. What happened at Poole with the play-offs was nothing short than disgraceful. There was no excuse for having no shale or equipment.

Don't think Skidder was having a pop,think you have taken it the wrong way.Think Skidder was sincerely wishing every club did own their own track for the good of speedway.

The way it is,most speedway tracks are governed by what the landlords say.

Would they go for Niels, Ken, Bech, Rory, Kerr then Rob Lambert (reverted to an ftr) and Rose?

That's not a bad idea Trees,swapping Lambert and Kerr around.Kerr would have a lower average which would allow the top 4 you have mentioned I think.

As they are saying riders like Auty,Birks and Roynon will now be considered i'm sure Lambert would be allowed at reserve as I am sure those 3 mentioned have all gained an EL average.

• Like 1

Doubtless Buster will now be insisting on it - in his new management Committee position!!! :D

• Like 1

Bjerre, Bjerre, Wells, Proctor, Thorsell, Worrall and another.

In my mind I have Brian Can't narrating and all these riders sliding down the pole @ Trumpton Fire station.

How do you quote a post when using an iPhone 5. A bit of a technophobe so a little assistance would be helpful. Ta.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

Since the introduction of the new race format, it has the effect of concentrating the riders averages closer together.

Looking at the end of season figures. it appears that about 50% of the riders are in the middle of the points table with scores of 5.5 to 7. And we all know some riders are far better than that.

It is thinking along those lines, probably it would be better for Lynn Stars to rest Lambert for a year. There's no sentiment in this game and we could field stronger riders on a similar average to Robert. His biggest nemesis has always been his gating and until he gets that sorted he will only be an also ran. If he raced in the PL next year, he would have far more meetings and be able to home in his undoubted talent, becoming the top rider he's destined to become.

No room for sentiment this year, we're 50 years old and it would be awesome to finally win the league.

Iversen, Porsing, Bech, Woffinden, Lebedev, Kerr, Rose.

Boom.

That's the best team selection I've seen. Can't see any one beating that... :t::t:

• Like 1

If we were to accomodate a foreign assessed rider along the lines of Lebedevs on a 4.5, wonder if our Czech links could take a look at Krcmar he looked very handy in the world cup, and if Milik was assessed a 4.00, he must be on par to keep the consistency, yes? :P

1. Iversen 9.03

2. Lambert 5.32

3. Mads 5.95

4. Krcmar 4.00

5. Jonsson 9.66

Edited by speedy17

If we were to accomodate a foreign assessed rider along the lines of Lebedevs on a 4.5, wonder if our Czech links could take a look at Krcmar he looked very handy in the world cup, and if Milik was assessed a 4.00, he must be on par to keep the consistency, yes? :P

1. Iversen 9.03

2. Lambert 5.32

3. Mads 5.95

4. Krcmar 4.00

5. Jonsson 9.66

He's not ridden pro-league so would come in on a 4. Would be one hell of a signing on a 4.