British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

it was kings lynn, maybe because I knew this bloke was genuine, not a freebie grabber, he was purely interested in finding a hobby for his boy..

by the way, I started cruising by booking a 2 day taster, not knowing if id like it, I now had 6 cruises, so it worked for them.

no, kings lynn wasn't interested (which I clearly understand)

there response was "we have one last match, its free for kids, £11 adults".....that was it.

no mention of what match it was, no date, no start time......now I had no gripes with there answer to the query, but my god, PR in

speedway is pretty non exsistant!!

Judging by this post on another thread, it doesn't seem that way - "we have one last match"

That's the Young Stars v Cradley I'm guessing.

• 2 weeks later...

Now magic looks to be turning his back on the uk the NKI to Poole could happen now with the Frost influence a possible factor

If Frost was that influencing factor, he wouldn't have ridden at Lynn for the past 3 yrs. NKI said then it was Lynn Stars or nothing. Much to Frost annoyance.

I don't think there's much love lost there. Shame about Magic though, destined for the top, I always appreciated it was an honour just to see him ride.

Pure Quality...

If Frost was that influencing factor, he wouldn't have ridden at Lynn for the past 3 yrs. NKI said then it was Lynn Stars or nothing. Much to Frost annoyance.

I don't think there's much love lost there. Shame about Magic though, destined for the top, I always appreciated it was an honour just to see him ride.

Pure Quality...

But you now have the Matt Ford factor if he wants a big hitting number one rider whos prepared to do the EL then NKI could be his first target , not saying it will happen but its possible , if NKI wants to stay at Lynn he will but isnt there a story that he wont be at Lynn if Rob Lambert is there .

As the story goes, Lamberts thinks he should get first choice of gates sometimes when in Ht 15, and not Niels. Seems to me Niels has earnt any privileges he may get and the young man should show some respect. He has a long way to go before he can be considered in the same light as our SGP Star.

Like I say, Something blown up out of nothing. Seems this young man has a lot of growing up to do.......... If , as the story goes, that he's intending to ride for Poole next year, then he would lose all the respect he has gained. .... With time and talent on his side, he could stay and become the Best Star's rider ever. He could become the icon of Kings Lynn Speedway, surpassing all the great riders of the past. The world would be his oyster.

To give that up for some petty squabble is madness..............

So Robert and Niels not get on then?

That's ok PoP - they won't both be at Poole!! :wink::P

As the story goes, Lamberts thinks he should get first choice of gates sometimes when in Ht 15, and not Niels. Seems to me Niels has earnt any privileges he may get and the young man should show some respect. He has a long way to go before he can be considered in the same light as our SGP Star.

Like I say, Something blown up out of nothing. Seems this young man has a lot of growing up to do.......... If , as the story goes, that he's intending to ride for Poole next year, then he would lose all the respect he has gained. .... With time and talent on his side, he could stay and become the Best Star's rider ever. He could become the icon of Kings Lynn Speedway, surpassing all the great riders of the past. The world would be his oyster.

To give that up for some petty squabble is madness..............

To be honest I've not liked some of his attitude and antics BUT I have heard the 'Poole 2016 whispers'!!

If he really is that good and goes on to develop as a great rider then surely he can 'become an icon' at any club!?

I would have thought who has what gate position in heat 15 depends on what result is needed, If the match is won give the less experienced rider the choice as the better rider should be able to score from anywhere. If points are still needed to win then the team manager decided in conjunction with both riders what would be best for the teams.

Egos have no place in the pits whoever they belong to.

My personal preference of the two would be keep Lambert but then winning isn't everything for me, I like being entertained and he provides more of the kind I like.

Edited by Star Lady

I would have thought who has what gate position in heat 15 depends on what result is needed, If the match is won give the less experienced rider the choice as the better rider should be able to score from anywhere. If points are still needed to win then the team manager decided in conjunction with both riders what would be best for the teams.

My personal preference of the two would be keep Lambert but then winning isn't everything for me, I like being entertained and he provides more of the kind I like.

I would imagine, every person would like Robert to stay at Lynn. That goes without saying. We have seen him over the years, progress into a top young rider. He has a large fan base here, who follow his every move. Like you, winning isn't everything, but team spirit is. If riders cant give and take and put themselves out for the sake of the team, then one has to ask what's the point.

Obviously the fans want to see talent and ability, but also they want to see Passion, Desire, Fun, Excitement, Team spirit. The fans want to connect with the riders, and they wont do that if rider isn't happy..

To be honest I've not liked some of his attitude and antics BUT I have heard the 'Poole 2016 whispers'!!

If he really is that good and goes on to develop as a great rider then surely he can 'become an icon' at any club!?

Its possible, but Poole are far too ruthless, and care about winning far more than about their riders. Matt Ford has shown many times before, that if you don't perform--your out. Lambert still has a lot to learn and has experienced many dips in form, Rightly or wrongly at Lynn he would be given more time to progress than he would at Poole..

I wanna keep both of them at Lynn!!