British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

Whereas once our progression to the KOPO was in out own hands, now we have to wait on the outcome of others, hoping for a mistake that would enable us to crepe in through the back door.

...bit like our season - flat as a pancake :rofl:

On a positive note,just seen an interview with Lewis Kerr.He looks very good indeed considering his accident was only a month ago.Says he will be back riding next season.http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-34154147?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_news_north_east&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=english_regions

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

On a positive note,just seen an interview with Lewis Kerr.He looks very good indeed considering his accident was only a month ago.Says he will be back riding next season.http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-34154147?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_news_north_east&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=english_regions …

That is fantastic news, Kings Lynn really missed him, just amazing he will be able to ride again,

That is fantastic news, Kings Lynn really missed him, just amazing he will be able to ride again,

Agree fantastic news. With this new format, the tier 1 draft riders are so important, second only to the teams No1 .

In Lewis Kerr, we had one of the best. His value, has been an enormous lost. A hurdle, any team would struggle to cover.......

Sure is good news.......

• Like 1

Sure dose look like wed could be the end of are season and yeah i did not see anything offcial about milik .

Don't forget the 50th Celibration meeting that was promised in Busters program notes a few weeks ago so it's not over yet

Don't forget the 50th Celibration meeting that was promised in Busters program notes a few weeks ago so it's not over yet

Unless it's an SGP standard lineup I think the meeting would be a flop attendance wise anyway with it being so late in the season.

weird time of year for something that could of been a great attraction. summer on a Saturday.or sunday afternoon would of been ideal...some great past riders could be on show, lee, Jessup, ricko, crump, turner, betts...don't particularly need a gp field

I too feel its been one let down after another. Like you say, with a little bit of thought, I'm sure an enjoyable meeting could have been arranged. There are a lot of LOCAL fans who don't go any more, and brining back some old favourites might have been the key re-invent their interest. But to do nothing, was a opportunity missed......

Yet another Clanger.......Can't help thinking, because of Malik's big CMA drop at the end of Aug, surely confirmation of his intent or changes to the line-up, should've made prior to the cut off date. I'm of the impression, we're all here to do Poole a favour.

No wonder we never win anything !!!!!!!

Ok, so tell me what kind of individual meeting lineup would attract an equal or bigger attendance than a normal meeting?

I haven't put tons of thought into it but I'd like to see probably various sets of races against present and ex riders, possibly races between old riders and of course youngsters. Loads of insightful interviews with the riders. A parade with every body colour we have had over the years. An exhibition of 50 years of programmes and our 50 teams. A parade of the different bikes that have been used and what would be the chance of the present boys having a race or two on them Allow fans who have been attending for 50 years to have their say and photos etc.

• Like 1

and Now coming up to totally the wrong time of year to attract people out of their homes. If something was going to be done it should have happened in the summer, when the kids were off school and when hopefully the nights were a little warmer.

What date has been earmarked for this event ? Some good ideas there by the way Trees.

• Like 1