British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2015

I do wonder if everyone has had enough of the Elite League but it will probably lurch on into 2016 with the same old problems.

Probably had enough of continuing to dumb it down more than anything.

It's still the league to see some of the best riders in the world, unfortunately not enough of them.

• Like 1

I personally think it's time to drop down to the premier, local Derbys against Ipswich Peterborough and rye house. And bring back Kozza and riders who try and want to ride for the stars. Not like most of the team we have now. I have been going to Lynn for over 40 years but Lynn has lost its spark and razzmatazz. The promotion do not interact with the fans now since Jonathan chapman has left, the fans are just expected to turn up but sadly people are getting fed up with it and are drifting away. the only reason I go now is because my son wants to go if not I would be another fan drifting away

• Like 3

Surely we'll only have to put up with Bjerre for one last meeting. If he wears Kings lynn colours next year i certainly wont be attending!

yeah its amazing he's still in the team :/

We had the opportunity to revamp the team when Rory was injured but nothing happened. In fact it was months before Milik even appeared....and he was totally inadequate but again there was no attempt to change the lineup for a final playoff push when we had the chance to do it :nono:

Damn well hope there'll be a clearout next year !!!!!

I personally think it's time to drop down to the premier, local Derbys against Ipswich Peterborough and rye house. And bring back Kozza and riders who try and want to ride for the stars. Not like most of the team we have now. I have been going to Lynn for over 40 years but Lynn has lost its spark and razzmatazz. The promotion do not interact with the fans now since Jonathan chapman has left, the fans are just expected to turn up but sadly people are getting fed up with it and are drifting away. the only reason I go now is because my son wants to go if not I would be another fan drifting away

Ive been going to Cov for more than 50 years but I'm afraid I have only been three times this year probably won't bother next year

Feel sorry for lynn. Another season with injuries has cost them again :(

Everyone knows the score. Teams should be prepared and ready to make changes when injuries occur.

We've been asleep for all of 2015. The blame firmly lay at the managements door

• Like 1

Has Kenny been struggling in other countries this season?.

Doesn't ride in Denmark(!) or Sweden, but in Poland:

He is averaging nearly 8 for Tarnow in the Extraliga

...which is higher than Laguta(G), Doyle, Holder, Zagar, lversen, Jepsen Jensen, Gollob, Jonsson

Go figure!

Everyone knows the score. Teams should be prepared and ready to make changes when injuries occur.

We've been asleep for all of 2015. The blame firmly lay at the managements door

As an neutral, that sounds a bit harsh. Maybe if I was a KL supporter I would think differently. KL seems to be one of the better run EL teams.

• Like 1

Sorry to say it but it very much feels like Buster has taken his eye of the ball this season. Maybe he is spreading himself rather thin with his other Sporting Interest in the town. Kings Lynn, would you believe it are playing Football on Saturday at home to........ POOLE

• Like 1

As an neutral, that sounds a bit harsh. Maybe if I was a KL supporter I would think differently. KL seems to be one of the better run EL teams.

From a financial point of view I suspect you are 100% correct. When I was far more into speedway than I am now I know from riders that Buster always paid on time, which wasn't always true of others.

From a promotional and media point of view KL are very poor at present. They miss Jonathan Chapman massively, controversial tho he was he did the job very well. Virtually no promotion, no passion in PRs, I won't even go into the spats on Twitter that have occurred. Fans do not feel valued and that's a dangerous path to tread.

• Like 1

From a promotional and media point of view KL are very poor at present. They miss Jonathan Chapman massively, controversial tho he was he did the job very well. Virtually no promotion, no passion in PRs, I won't even go into the spats on Twitter that have occurred. Fans do not feel valued and that's a dangerous path to tread.

Injuries can't be helped, but we should have made smarter changes earlier in the season. We need to take a step back to go forward next year. Start again as they say, and build a team around Niels, Mr Consistent!

When Rory left everything went flat. The riders we have, including Niels, are not interested in the fans. How many times has Niels gone round the track after he wins? I guess that is a hard sell when the riders don't want to get involved.

• Like 1

How many times has Niels gone round the track after he wins? I guess that is a hard sell when the riders don't want to get involved.

Noticed this in the last GP as well, after race riders couldn't wait to get to back to the pits, hardly a single lap of honour. Pretty p1ss poor. Its a very simple, basic thing that helps riders connect with the fans and make the fans feel wanted. Every winning rider should do it, and even those not finishing first if they've been involved in a good race.

Noticed this in the last GP as well, after race riders couldn't wait to get to back to the pits, hardly a single lap of honour. Pretty p1ss poor. Its a very simple, basic thing that helps riders connect with the fans and make the fans feel wanted. Every winning rider should do it, and even those not finishing first if they've been involved in a good race.

I am sure the vast majoriy would happy to do so as long as the gaps between the races were also longer.

As it is, most go back into the pits quickly to ensure the bike is going to be prepared and ready for the next race.

Sometimes I don't think supporters really understand or think about how much work goes on between the races.

• Like 1