British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2015

Just a thought; young Nike might need some help settling in to British Speedway. How about Timo Lahti as chaperone; with Eastbourne standing down from the Elite; sure to be looking for a skid somewhere. 5.45 Elite CMA would that convert to 7.00ish PL?. Reckon Lahti could be a big hitter at PL level and we would still have about 6ish to another in. AND he helps bring on young Nike. As I say just a thought.

Just a thought; young Nike might need some help settling in to British Speedway. How about Timo Lahti as chaperone; with Eastbourne standing down from the Elite; sure to be looking for a skid somewhere. 5.45 Elite CMA would that convert to 7.00ish PL?. Reckon Lahti could be a big hitter at PL level and we would still have about 6ish to another in. AND he helps bring on young Nike. As I say just a thought.

Lahti would be 9.08.

Video of Lunna, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZ7yZhuD5I

If he is on a 5 point average he's worth the gamble but I guess he will average about 4. He looks like a racer so will probably do well round EWR but struggle on some away tracks.

Which shows he can only beat 4.5 PL riders if they have EFs. Thats a 4.5 PL rider with a poor record around that track too!

So Scunny are going with a rider on a 5 point average who will do well to average 4 in my opinion. Why not sign Sargeant for example, who is on a 3 point average, & will average about the same, thus saving 2 points towards the rest of the team ?

because British speedway promoters have a fascination for continental riders

to the detriment of british riders.

• Like 1

Amazing how many people know exactly what he will average watching one race on YouTube!! Its the same as most foreign youngsters until they get some meetings in them over here you won't know what they will be like. And as for snide comments around using foreign youngsters and not Brits scunny have done more than most to bring them through but its not just as simple as use them, most names mentioned were at scunny at one point and are not now and there are reasons for that ££££. A young rider willing to come and live here can be more financially sensible than a young Brit wanting more money. A promoter has to balance cost, nationality excitement and potential to build the team to not lose money and draw in fans. But of course we all know better and all know exactly what the costs are!!!

• Like 4

Amazing how many people know exactly what he will average watching one race on YouTube!! Its the same as most foreign youngsters until they get some meetings in them over here you won't know what they will be like. And as for snide comments around using foreign youngsters and not Brits scunny have done more than most to bring them through but its not just as simple as use them, most names mentioned were at scunny at one point and are not now and there are reasons for that ££££. A young rider willing to come and live here can be more financially sensible than a young Brit wanting more money. A promoter has to balance cost, nationality excitement and potential to build the team to not lose money and draw in fans. But of course we all know better and all know exactly what the costs are!!!

When Glasgow signed Palovaara this season I looked at his results from his Swedish racing and said on this forum there's no way he'd be anywhere near his assessed average and was just another second rate import. I was shot down by most Glasgow fans. Palovaara averages south of 3 points a meeting. I was right. Didn't need a YouTube video. The sad thing is that he will be back in 2015 probably and taking a young Brit's spot on his 3 point average. The same as Konopka at Redcar.

If Lunna averages over 3 he has done well, which begs the question: why not use a 3 point Brit?

• Like 1