British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2015

One of the problems with Matt Williamson last season seemed to be confidence so it was a pity that he didn't ride for the Stags in the National League where he could have got more track time and achieved more heat wins against weaker opposition which would have improved his confidence and probably would have scored more in the Premier League

Agree totally; why the heck was Matt riding for Cradley, when we had our own NL team? .Meetings at home for the Stags would have built confidence; and allowed him to try things that would have benefited the senior team and his own racing. So that said; for sure I would be happy to see Matty O given the chance to capitalise on all his hard work last season.

After all doesn't Matt represent the essence of what Scunny is supposed to be about; ie; developing young British riders. He can step up another level in 2015. and in my opinion is very capable of adding a couple of points to his average.

Ellis Perks would be a good alternative; but he has to do some of the learning that Matt has already done; so we may be coming from a lower base with Perks.

• Like 1

Howe, Auty, Douglas, Wilko, & here is a surprise, Alex Davies. did not ride in 2014 because of visa problems but VERY good rider home & away, Lunna & Perks. This could be the link with Poole as he signed a contract.(it's easier in EL to be an asset & not ride whereas in the PL you have to ride 6H & 6A meetings, unless it has changed, to be an asset.

In our telegraph,it says Howe is still no1 yet Davies CMA from 2013 is 7.38. Does he get a reduction as having not ridden for a year as I thought that was applied thro injury.

Howe, Auty, Douglas, Wilko, & here is a surprise, Alex Davies. did not ride in 2014 because of visa problems but VERY good rider home & away, Lunna & Perks. This could be the link with Poole as he signed a contract.(it's easier in EL to be an asset & not ride whereas in the PL you have to ride 6H & 6A meetings, unless it has changed, to be an asset.

In our telegraph,it says Howe is still no1 yet Davies CMA from 2013 is 7.38. Does he get a reduction as having not ridden for a year as I thought that was applied thro injury.

Uninspiring in my opinion...but we go with what we're given. Seems a blooming big gamble on two inexperienced reserves, fingers crossed it works.

• Like 2

David Howe 7.50, Alex Davies 7.38.

All the best

Rob

Uninspiring in my opinion...but we go with what we're given. Seems a blooming big gamble on two inexperienced reserves, fingers crossed it works.

I would say hold your horses; can see your point but Davies has always looked a racer to me and prepared to put himself about. Granted he has had a year off; so the jury is bound to be out.

Wilko; well we know there will be no shortage of commitment and he will be up for a return 'home' - an entertainer for sure.

Perks; well 18points on his first competitive meet around the EWR could not be overlooked; granted he has a bit of learning to do but if he could push his 3pts up to 4+ then he will be doing his job.

Lunna's the real gamble here; and around whom; in my opinion the team is crafted.

Add those four to our "three Musketeers" - David, Josh and Ryan and its a team I can get enthusiastic for and get behind. Goes without saying we will miss Ash and Tommy; but seems they wanted to try new pastures and we should wish them well. Josh needs a real good season; and his EL Draft at Leicester can be a springboard for this and an 8+ average. While Ryan can push on further and be No1. David's off the back of last seasons return of form and confidence.

Rob's made it crystal; how important the management see 2015; in terms of the level of support and cost; so I support their judgement and lets get on with it. Roll on March as far as I am concerned.

I reckon we have some entertainers in the team; so throw in the Scunny track and hey presto we have the "main event" and some "bums on seats". Got to get out there now and sell it - Nike Lunna; his name alone is really marketable!.

Roll on March; and lets get behind the team.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 2