British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2015

lewy

How much is Benko paying Plymouth, so that he can ride for them :wink: ?.

He's probably worth a shot on a 3.00pt average with some sort of direction that he has to improve in the first couple of months or so or he's out.

The improvement must in particular come away, because last season he was truly appalling - I am sure I was told he was averaging under 1.00 per match.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace Barker. Personally, I think they will regret letting him leave.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

He's probably worth a shot on a 3.00pt average with some sort of direction that he has to improve in the first couple of months or so or he's out.

The improvement must in particular come away, because last season he was truly appalling - I am sure I was told he was averaging under 1.00 per match.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace Barker. Personally, I think they will regret letting him leave.

On Benko, he can't get any worse than last year so although I'd have preferred other options, I don't think he is the worst shout in the world as a 3-point reserve.

On Barker, for me if we try to replace him with a like-for-like replacement and build the team in a similar vein to last year then I totally agree that we will regret letting him leave (even though I personally wanted the change). However if we take this as an opportunity to rebuild with a more all round strength in the top 6 then I don't think we'll regret it at all. This will be emphasised even more if we can have a really strong reserve to partner Benko, Wethers at 5.50 would be ideal!

Edited by Mikeyt

1. Ryan fisher 7.89

2. Rasmus jensen 6.14

3. Kyle newman 6.51

4. Lewis blackbird 6.30

5. Dakota north 6.55

6. Roland benko 3.00

7. Todd kurtz 5.96 / Kalle katajisto 6.07

That actually looks an decent team.

Every rider could up their average and give Plymouth a decent season.

Possible play off material if it clicks well.

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

1. Ryan fisher 7.89

2. Rasmus jensen 6.14

3. Kyle newman 6.51

4. Lewis blackbird 6.30

5. Dakota north 6.55

6. Roland benko 3.00

7. Todd kurtz 5.96 / Kalle katajisto 6.07

Rasmus isn't riding in the UK in 2015 and believe me when I tell you Kalle won't be back. Kurtz isn't worth 5.96 in my book but is at least an asset (I think).

Wouldn't be against the Fish coming back but don't think we'd pay the money to get him. Lewis Blackbird would be a fantastic signing but I keep hearing his name linked with the Panthers sadly.

But the way that team is built average wise would be ideal in my book.

Edited by Mikeyt

Think he meant 2013. Getting his years confused. A sure sign of getting old ;)

Mikeyt old?

Then I've been dead for a century or so

Reportedly neither Rasmus nor Kalle will be riding in the UK this year. I would imagine that Ryan would be too expensive. But it would be a good side if you were able to assemble it

Edited by ancient mariner