British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2015

Islander15

Glen Martin is Eastbournes team manager this coming season

to be honest i'd rather hear the final 2 riders(if kelsey is the worst kept secret in speedway) and the date for cameron woodward's testimonial(before all of march is booked up). should i know who glen martin is?

Cameron is not having a testimonial this year. Glen Martin was Trevor geers side kick the last couple of seasons.

that's a blow, i was looking forward to that. thanks for the info on the new man as i have totally missed that. perhaps coventry will offer cam a testimonial instead, it would be 2 hrs less travelling for me, on a selfish level of course. :wink:

that's a blow, i was looking forward to that. thanks for the info on the new man as i have totally missed that. perhaps coventry will offer cam a testimonial instead, it would be 2 hrs less travelling for me, on a selfish level of course. :wink:

Cameron Woodward is not allowed to have a testimonial this year, whether at Eastbourne or Coventry.

Here is a story from the Argus newspaper which explains.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11627864.Woodward_s_big_day_put_on_ice___but_he_s_thrilled_with_Bees_deal/

BTW, the new team manager is Glenn and not Glen.

Enjoy your speedway wherever you watch.

Cameron Woodward is not allowed to have a testimonial this year, whether at Eastbourne or Coventry.

Here is a story from the Argus newspaper which explains.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11627864.Woodward_s_big_day_put_on_ice___but_he_s_thrilled_with_Bees_deal/

BTW, the new team manager is Glenn and not Glen.

Enjoy your speedway wherever you watch.

thanks for the info, i guess i'm not as disappointed as cam himself . glenn noted.

Ya Money does talk, remind me why Eastbourne dropped down?, not one but TWO divisions.

You're right, but I suspect dropping down two divisions will radically change Eastbourne's status in relation the terms they can offer when compared with other teams.

It would surprise me if they weren't one of the better payers now they are in the NL.

You're right, but I suspect dropping down two divisions will radically change Eastbourne's status in relation the terms they can offer when compared with other teams.

It would surprise me if they weren't one of the better payers now they are in the NL.

Well there's talk of staff cuts on Facebook today and news that Kevin Combes will no longer be the presenter.. That is a big loss!

Don't think cash is being splashed somehow!

Well there's talk of staff cuts on Facebook today and news that Kevin Combes will no longer be the presenter.. That is a big loss!

Don't think cash is being splashed somehow!

Maybe they think they don't need as many in the NL. That's just common sense.

Kevin Coombes, though, is one of the best in the game - he will be a big loss.

Losing Kevin as presenter is a big loss.

Don't know who's decision that was, obviously Kevin wouldn't have high profile riders to interview, but he brings a high standard of professionalism to his job and the sport, and appears keen on speedway matters in general. He is an exceptional presenter who can explain clearly the sport to newcomers and what is going on throughout the proceedings - a real bonus if you are trying to grow your attendances I would have thought. He is the key link between the action and the audience!

I hope this isn't a case of someone "knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing", which crops up so many times when compiling business plans and budgets.

• Like 3

After attending the speedway since the mid 80's it is fair to say that Kev Coombes is one of the best announcers going. However it did say on facebook that they 'went different ways' we are all looking at it that Eastbourne have got rid of Kevin when actually for all we know maybe Kevin wasn't interested in NL speedway? - I guess we will never know. I also think the reason they are not spending the cash is because Martin & Connor have seen the financial losses occurred to father and grandfather (Bob Dugard) and they do not want to end up in the same boat! Bring on 2015!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A well attended fans forum with Martin in the hot seat.

He ran the meeting in a very friendly fun manner and introduced three of the 2015 team : David Mason, Marc Owen and Kelsey Dugard.
George Wood was named by as the other reserve by club chairman, Martin Dugard.

Kelsey, the fourth generation of the Dugard speedway dynasty, had long been expected to be named at part of the club's National League team.

Wood, however, was a complete surprise.

He has made his name in grasstrack racing but has not ridden speedway.

As soon as conditions, permit, the plan is to get George on track at Arlington.

Martin Dugard told the meeting the exact number of fixtures had not been fixed, although it could be between 15 and 18 and include challenge matches.

The touring American Dream Team, with a female rider, was pencilled in but that would all depend on there being no visa problems.

Admission would be: 17+ - £12; 13 to 17 - £5, 0-12 - free. There will be no season tickets to enable the club to offer, if it so decides, discounts or incentives for particular matches.

There will be a second half of six heats, featuring young riders; including 150cc and 250cc machines.

There are plans to bring back the junior track within the grounds of the stadium. An application for a grant from the BSPA is to be made.

Connor Dugard, commercial manager, has secured a "good club sponsor". The company is yet to be named but already is suggesting marketing ideas, especially aimed at a younger audience.

There was good news for the Eagles' travelling support. Martin Dugard said he expected the team being put together would win often on the road - the club is without a victory on away soil for more than two years.

He said the advice they were receiving was that the Eagles would be a top four team in 2015 and would have a good chance of landing the league title.

A well attended fans forum with Martin in the hot seat.

He ran the meeting in a very friendly fun manner and introduced three of the 2015 team : David Mason, Marc Owen and Kelsey Dugard.

George Wood was named by as the other reserve by club chairman, Martin Dugard.

Kelsey, the fourth generation of the Dugard speedway dynasty, had long been expected to be named at part of the club's National League team.

Wood, however, was a complete surprise.

He has made his name in grasstrack racing but has not ridden speedway.

As soon as conditions, permit, the plan is to get George on track at Arlington.

Martin Dugard told the meeting the exact number of fixtures had not been fixed, although it could be between 15 and 18 and include challenge matches.

The touring American Dream Team, with a female rider, was pencilled in but that would all depend on there being no visa problems.

Admission would be: 17+ - £12; 13 to 17 - £5, 0-12 - free. There will be no season tickets to enable the club to offer, if it so decides, discounts or incentives for particular matches.

There will be a second half of six heats, featuring young riders; including 150cc and 250cc machines.

There are plans to bring back the junior track within the grounds of the stadium. An application for a grant from the BSPA is to be made.

Connor Dugard, commercial manager, has secured a "good club sponsor". The company is yet to be named but already is suggesting marketing ideas, especially aimed at a younger audience.

There was good news for the Eagles' travelling support. Martin Dugard said he expected the team being put together would win often on the road - the club is without a victory on away soil for more than two years.

He said the advice they were receiving was that the Eagles would be a top four team in 2015 and would have a good chance of landing the league title.

Do the Eagles have a travelling support these days ?

I hate to put anyone down, but from my knowledge of the NL, i will take just to points made from the sussex bulldog statement,

1. Martin Dugard stated he expected Eastbourne to win on the road often, i cannot see that happening with the current No1, who for a few years now has been a "Homer" only getting double figures at home.

2. A good chance of winning the League Title, I really cannot see the Team a it stands winning the League Title, they may be lucky and squeeze into a Gold Cup place, but this Team is not strong enough to win the League. I think there nearest neighbours have a better Team, and several others, however i will be delighted to be proved wrong and wish The Eagles every success in 2015.

Georgie Wood is a great signing cause as anyone whose watched him race grasstrack will testify, hes a wonderfully talented quick rider with a lot of natural ability!

Georgie Wood is a great signing cause as anyone whose watched him race grasstrack will testify, hes a wonderfully talented quick rider with a lot of natural ability!

• Like 1

I hate to put anyone down, but from my knowledge of the NL, i will take just to points made from the sussex bulldog statement,

1. Martin Dugard stated he expected Eastbourne to win on the road often, i cannot see that happening with the current No1, who for a few years now has been a "Homer" only getting double figures at home.

2. A good chance of winning the League Title, I really cannot see the Team a it stands winning the League Title, they may be lucky and squeeze into a Gold Cup place, but this Team is not strong enough to win the League. I think there nearest neighbours have a better Team, and several others, however i will be delighted to be proved wrong and wish The Eagles every success in 2015.

Cradley might be ready for Eastbourne but.....is Eastbourne ready for Cradley?