British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2015

Islander15

Will tom join the eagles mid season, hes not yet been on a 500 i dont think anyway so i think we should wait till 2017 before we track him. Charley powell next season on a 3.00 will prove another secret weapon i think. Future is definately looking bright for the eagles.

From how I understand it, Tom cannot join the NL next year as you have to be a certain age at the start of the season and not being the right age means you miss the whole season so yes, it would be 2017 for Tom. (I think).

I see Charley is riding at Birmingham tonight. Will be interesting to see how he goes but what worries me is him ending up getting an average if he rides too much and not being able to sneak him is at reserve next year.

From how I understand it, Tom cannot join the NL next year as you have to be a certain age at the start of the season and not being the right age means you miss the whole season so yes, it would be 2017 for Tom. (I think).

Riders can join the league on their qualifying birthday.

He won't be secret and may not still be a 3 by then. He has his first meeting for Birmingham tonight.

You'll have to wait until 2019 for Nathan.

Thats still with in the 5 year plan

I see Charley is riding at Birmingham tonight. Will be interesting to see how he goes but what worries me is him ending up getting an average if he rides too much and not being able to sneak him is at reserve next year.

Not sure if charlie is ready at the moment thats why Eastbourne are giving him some time to get ready, I know that he spends a lot of time at the weekend in Europe on the Grass track, Possible too much of a big hit for him tonight but fingers crossed he can get a few points tonight. Come on Charlie

I had a look on the updates and i was also told that CP did great last night, also his fall while leading was due to the start marshall left the cone in the track for the tapes which charlie hit on his way past on the second lap.

Good result for Charlie but he can only do 3 matches or he get an average which will kill it for Eastbourne next year as a 3 pointer.

Edited by catinthehat

Does anyone know anything about the End of season party that the club are doing, I have heard they are going to the Amex Staduim? sound like its going to be a good night for Team and Fans, I would like to go if anyone can give me some info if they have it.

Anyone got a price of a ticket or any idea as that will be fantastic to be at the AMEX but must be a sensible price I could only £30 for a ticket. What sort of price do you think the AMEX event would be.?

Anyone got a price of a ticket or any idea as that will be fantastic to be at the AMEX but must be a sensible price I could only £30 for a ticket. What sort of price do you think the AMEX event would be.?

I would not imagine it will be silly money. If it is at the Amex I would imagine it would be supported by the sponsors.

and to be honest anything other than the boring old clubhouse would be better to be honest.

From reading between the lines on the face book page its going to be:

At a place like no other

Ball room type event i presume shirt and tie. / Suit type outfit.

Awards for riders including the fans.

Buffet was voted highly on the face book postings as well

Gutted, that's all I can say. Part of the fun of this team this season has been what a bunch of fun likeable guys they all are.

With David and Kelsey out and doubts over Richards fitness it seems the unit is breaking up. I just hope that we can keep the spirit up and the performances.

I hope it is Kelsey knee and not him leaving due to being fed up with it. I thought he rode well yesterday and can become a great rider. We were only saying yesterday that it is amazing that Kelsey can fall so often without hurting himself. Now, it looks like he has.

Best of luck to the original 4 and the replacements for the rest of the season. Come on Eastbourne!!

well depends how you look at it all, Cottaham vs Dugard in a race i say its got to be pretty much equal, the big question is how many times can someone fall off before they get hurt? i have been to most of the meetings and seen kelsey crash a lot more then he should, most of the fall seem to be a silly falls because he is learning the trade.

so looking at it from a business point of view we could have won at some of the tracks if kelsey had stayed on, which we could have but we didnt. Thats all ifs and buts. I have to say that i think its a very brave move but again Eastbourne have moved very fast to change the side around.

With Hopwood being his first meeting in 9 weeks he rode well, Owen looks as if he is getting back to his best, Wilson Dean head and shoulders above everyone, Andrews unluckiest rider around, Woods an outstanding find and Bates looking a little bit less then normal.

Cottham a good replacement but if its a knee problem it could take a few weeks? I say he is a rider that will give the team 110% and this is where the friendship goes out the window and business heads come on, Eastbourne wont ever win anything on friendship and thats where they made the mistake for the last 15 years at the club. New team in charge and like they have said changes will be made?

Its nice to see that they are not afraid to make a change, i have read the report on the web and for kevin Jolly to be interested in Cottham after only a few laps must have shown that he was on the Gas.

Best wishes to Dugard, Andrews and Ruddick

Edited by catinthehat

Whilst I'm a bit gutted for Kelsey I see this as a masterstroke for the Eagles. Gary Cottam is a quality rider and on the first class bike he will no doubt have from Eastbourne I can see him scoring heavily reserve. Him and Ben in the team makes the Eagles a real force now. Watch out Birmingham your days at the top are numbered. Well done Martin and Connor. Good to see the bad old days of Eastbourne sticking by riders just cos Bob likes them are over.