British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2015

Islander15

Richie Andrews is a real surprise packet for me. Knew nothing about him. Then saw he was Demons rider of the year in the Star annual review.

His performances are far in excess of what he has done before.

What's more he - like the rest of them - are a team and that is so important.

He's also a damn nice bloke.

Free pasties all round!

ginsters of course

who is the team for the fours for Eastbourne, as i am not sure if it has to be a just the Top four of the side or any of the Four from the Seven.

My choice would be:

Marc Owen

Richard Andrews

Dave Mason

Bradley Wilson

or remove Mason and put in Wood as he is a racer and would try 100%

who is the team for the fours for Eastbourne, as i am not sure if it has to be a just the Top four of the side or any of the Four from the Seven.

My choice would be:

Marc Owen

Richard Andrews

Dave Mason

Bradley Wilson

or remove Mason and put in Wood as he is a racer and would try 100%

Think it will be Wood not Mason as he has been so impressive this season and will be able to race the weaker teams 4's easily

Anyone seen at Arlington with a ginsters pasty will be asked to leave. Only proper ones are eaten by the Wrecking Crew. #teampasty

so long as i'm just asked to leave there's not a problem, i'd just say no. it's when you feel one hand on your collar and another on the arse of your jacket and they chuck you out is the problem.

look at it this way sings.

Eastbourne have gone grasstrack root and look at the strides georgie has made, Rye hosue went the motocross root and unfortunately i cant see Alfie Bowtell scoring more than 5 points in a meeting this year so you were right with your analysis they could have done worse!

7. Alfie Bowtell - 3,1,2,3 = 9 at home to Kent.

Hopefully more of that to come.

To all you guys that keep knocking Kelsey Dugard Kelsey Dugard, just check his average and compare with all the other No7s

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl15_issue_8.pdf

By my reckoning there are only two reserves with higher averages than Kelsey, they are Cradleys Mike Neale, and your own Georgie Wood, so to be ranked 3rd out of 20 aint bad, some people should be careful what they wish for.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to get into the pits at the end of the meeting, never seen so many people in there talking to the riders and just enjoying them selfs, Eastbourne have turned it around from being a stuck up side to now the peoples riders, Also what was interesting was to see that Martin Dugard was in the tractor at the end of the meeting packing away the Airfence with Connor Dugard and a few helpers, seems to me as if they really have to work hard to make the speedway run at Eastbourne as your never see any other promoters at the end of a meeting do it.

Going back to being in the pits, I did get a chance to talk to Kelsey who is a really nice kid, i think he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he did have a big smile on his face for a change and you can see that he is starting to listen to what people around him were telling him, he did say that he had changed the seat to a much thicker one which ment he was able to get over the front of the bike and not allow him to sit in the bike, he said when he sat in the bike and was to put his leg back he always turned the bike around and fell off also looking around is his big problem. But he was honest and said that his dad and others have been telling him all year about it and a bigger seat and where you sat on the bike would help but he said he felt happy sitting in the bike and being lower and it felt safer but in fact crashing every other race is not safe.

Have to say a great team effort by all.

To all you guys that keep knocking Kelsey Dugard Kelsey Dugard, just check his average and compare with all the other No7s

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl15_issue_8.pdf

By my reckoning there are only two reserves with higher averages than Kelsey, they are Cradleys Mike Neale, and your own Georgie Wood, so to be ranked 3rd out of 20 aint bad, some people should be careful what they wish for.

The knockers were a small minority. There was some constructive criticism as well. Most Eagles fans simply want Kelsey to do well and become the Master of Arlington like his Dad was.

Regarding Martin being on the tractor, he has pretty much always been hands on. Even when he wasn't promoting.

Agree that the riders are brilliant, very friendly and approachable. I have to add that 'some' of the Elite League riders were good as well. Cam especially.

I heard that a few of the guys were saying that its the best club they have ridden for and how much its about helping the riders and its not all about the money they could make, the young Dugards have got it right, they are in the mix of it all and now the rewards are paying off, you can see on the race day that everyone is relaxed and enjoy whats going on around them, one of the better places to watch speedway in the NL league, a bit dusty at the weekend but i did see a guy with a load of orange pipes leaning over the fence talking to martin so i guess thats a new bit of kit to water the track maybe they can sell it to Rye House. :t: